PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Holidays, Etc - The Happy Looking Forward Thread

We have a holiday to Croatia booked for August (doubt we'll end up going) and a city break to Verona, Italy, for October (also now looking unlikely) but if we have to wait til next year, it will be our 25th wedding anniversary year so we are hoping to push the boat out and go somewhere like the Caribbean or Seychelles. I'm more of a city break person while my wife is a sun worshipper.
My targets for city breaks would be Vienna, Lisbon and Moscow.
At the moment though I'm just looking forward to nothing more than a pint in the pub with my mates.
Highly recommend Lisbon,Harry, but Vienna means nothing to me.......

When this shit is all over, where are you going to go? It's not like we can spend money in Pubs, Clubs, Sport and even Holidays themselves right now so at least some savings have been made.

My 51st is 15/4 and the GF is 50 on 13/5 so we have decided to push celebrations back by 6 months to 15/10 (me) and 13/11 (her). Probably do a 3 day break somewhere but next year, I am going back, for a 6th time, to NYC. Friends there, still places I want to visit and eat in.

Maybe have a week besides a pool somewhere, too, with her and her kids.

What about you lot?

Sound familiar Jack

Said to my two Kids on the phone “sorry girls sent a card, will give you some money when you can visit”
“Its ok dad” they both replied, “we will have two birthdays this year instead of one”

I am wondering if they are too smart for me.

Two ‘Handouts’ perhaps

Sound familiar Jack

Said to my two Kids on the phone “sorry girls sent a card, will give you some money when you can visit”
“Its ok dad” they both replied, “we will have two birthdays this year instead of one”

I am wondering if they are too smart for me.

Two ‘Handouts’ perhaps
You don't half leave yourself open John (que Phil Winky)

We had a busy year planned on the holiday front , but I suspect they will all fall by the wayside :

Lanzarote was March 17-24 - Cancelled
France River Cruise July 10-20. ( my 60th Birthday treat ) - not likely to happen.
Menorca Sept 4th-11th. - keeping our fingers crossed , but might come too soon..

if none of the above happen, then we need to book some holidays for next year and then we have got something to look forward to...

Thanks for the positive thread JD - we need a bit of lifting !!

Lucky really, we went away at the end of February to Scotland, just in time. Booked and payed to go again at the end of June, which isnt going to happen but as soon as everythings back to normal we'll be there again.

Also have a hotel booked at New Lanark for 4 days in October for my Birthday. Fingers crossed for that one.

Love Scotland.

Holiday booked at the end of July. Probably 50/50 as to if that will happen.

tickets for the euros roll into 2021 so thats something I guess.

Lucky really, we went away at the end of February to Scotland, just in time. Booked and payed to go again at the end of June, which isnt going to happen but as soon as everythings back to normal we'll be there again.

Also have a hotel booked at New Lanark for 4 days in October for my Birthday. Fingers crossed for that one.

Love Scotland.

I love it too but I can’t understand a word they say;)

Love Scotland.

I'm a huge fan of Scotland and Ireland. Sadly, the weather is, generally, absolutely dire in both countries.

I was hoping to get away to somewhere hot and sunny in August/September but I imagine there'll be a mad rush if things start to get back to some semblance of normality, and prices will be sky-high.

We'll see.