PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Holidays, Etc - The Happy Looking Forward Thread

into Glasgow then the dreaded A77 death track, I am sure Rabbie Burns wife was from Mauchline, also famous for its sandstone and clock making.

Make the journey to Cambeltown on the Mull of Kintyre the beaches are fantastic and Machrihanish golf course is a beauty with the world class whisky Springbank distilled there, a cultural heaven
And Mauchline ware. The first few times we flew to Prestwick, then Ryanair stopped the route and Glasgow International became the only choice

Campbelltown is a great place

Should have been going to Montenegro in May, EasyJet App still telling me online check in is now available. looking at what all the disgruntled customers are saying online, I will get an email 2 days before the flight to tell me it's cancelled. On the flip side, Airbnb had reimbursed me within 10 mins of me cancelling the accommodation!
Also have a week in Croatia booked for October but not too confident that it will happen.

Should have been going to Montenegro in May, EasyJet App still telling me online check in is now available. looking at what all the disgruntled customers are saying online, I will get an email 2 days before the flight to tell me it's cancelled. On the flip side, Airbnb had reimbursed me within 10 mins of me cancelling the accommodation!
Also have a week in Croatia booked for October but not too confident that it will happen.

EasyJet want you to reschedule booked flights, trying to get any sense from them is next to impossible. My next flight with them is 28/4. It's clearly not going to happen but they still want me to check in online. All I want is a refund from them...I am happy to accept a voucher as I fly with them multiple times a year. Can I get one sorted? can I hell as like.

EasyJet want you to reschedule booked flights, trying to get any sense from them is next to impossible. My next flight with them is 28/4. It's clearly not going to happen but they still want me to check in online. All I want is a refund from them...I am happy to accept a voucher as I fly with them multiple times a year. Can I get one sorted? can I hell as like.
Have you actually had any contact with them, if so then by what means? My outbound flight is 03/05. I don't know if i should do the online check in for the flights despite there not being a cat in hells chance of travelling, or just leave it till i get a cancellation email from them which will probably be the day before the flight or later.
Been trawling the net and it seems that folk can not even get through by phone. Am having the same problem cancelling the Airport parking, no reply to my Emails. Shambolic.

Have you actually had any contact with them, if so then by what means? My outbound flight is 03/05. I don't know if i should do the online check in for the flights despite there not being a cat in hells chance of travelling, or just leave it till i get a cancellation email from them which will probably be the day before the flight or later.
Been trawling the net and it seems that folk can not even get through by phone. Am having the same problem cancelling the Airport parking, no reply to my Emails. Shambolic.
Have had no contact with them whatsoever. All their online advice is that you can do all of this in manage my booking....no chance. It still shows my flight as full and there is no word of cancellation. I shall wait until they finally cancel it which they surely will.

I had booked non refundable parking via holiday extras. They have kindly sent me a voucher for the value of the booking which is excellent. The car hire was via Avis, the money has been returned to my Amex card already.

Had a number of things planned this and next month - weekend in Edinburgh (coupled with an Elbow gig), weekend in London (for Brentford), weekend in Bristol (for Bristol City game) all cancelled. Thankfully the Elbow gig was rearranged and Premier Inn have been superb at letting those with saver rate rooms amend their bookings.

Supposed to be seeing The Killers at Emirates Stadium in June but expecting that to be cancelled.

Have 4 nights in Norfolk and 4 nights in Bournemouth booked in July and have two nights in Whitby booked at end of September (mainly for North Yorkshire Moors Railway steam gala).

Had a number of things planned this and next month - weekend in Edinburgh (coupled with an Elbow gig), weekend in London (for Brentford), weekend in Bristol (for Bristol City game) all cancelled. Thankfully the Elbow gig was rearranged and Premier Inn have been superb at letting those with saver rate rooms amend their bookings.

Supposed to be seeing The Killers at Emirates Stadium in June but expecting that to be cancelled.

Have 4 nights in Norfolk and 4 nights in Bournemouth booked in July and have two nights in Whitby booked at end of September (mainly for North Yorkshire Moors Railway steam gala).

feel your pain. Losing gigs and festivals left, right and centre. If you make it to Bournemouth shout and I’ll meet you for a pint!

Have heard nothing about The Killers tour dates at all. (We have tickets for the Saturday gig @ Emirates) Im hoping that they'll be cancelled imminently. Was supposed to be seeing Nick Cave next month and that's been rescheduled for April 2021. I can't see how the Killers tour can be easily rescheduled given that theyre doing a series of stadiums which will only be available in the summer months. The tour starts in Doncaster and ends 6 months later in Mexico so maybe they'll have to scrub the lot and do it all next year.

Have heard nothing about The Killers tour dates at all. (We have tickets for the Saturday gig @ Emirates) Im hoping that they'll be cancelled imminently. Was supposed to be seeing Nick Cave next month and that's been rescheduled for April 2021. I can't see how the Killers tour can be easily rescheduled given that theyre doing a series of stadiums which will only be available in the summer months. The tour starts in Doncaster and ends 6 months later in Mexico so maybe they'll have to scrub the lot and do it all next year.

Looking like it will be cancelled, whether the footy season restarts or not sadly.

Whereabouts do you stay in NYC JD? we've been fortunate enough to holiday there for the last two years, Riu Plaza for us on the corner of 46th street and 8th ave.

We stayed there last year when we went for my Wife's 40th birthday. It was my first visit to New York so I have nothing to compare, but it was a decent place, with a decent breakfast. We also ate in the restaurant in the evening as part of our package which was ok but not brilliant. However it seemed fairly central for our needs, with a lot of places within walking distance, and Times Square less than 5 minuets away, which is a brilliant place to go for an evening stroll.

We even managed an upgrade from the 10th to the 23rd floor with access to the executive lounge for Snacks and drinks when I told them it was my wife's birthday. (She was unhappy about our initial 10th floor view of the side of some taller buildings.) We stayed for 4 nights, but that really wasn't enough time to do even half the things we had planned to do, but it's a good excuse for a return trip.

We stayed there last year when we went for my Wife's 40th birthday. It was my first visit to New York so I have nothing to compare, but it was a decent place, with a decent breakfast. We also ate in the restaurant in the evening as part of our package which was ok but not brilliant. However it seemed fairly central for our needs, with a lot of places within walking distance, and Times Square less than 5 minuets away, which is a brilliant place to go for an evening stroll.

We even managed an upgrade from the 10th to the 23rd floor with access to the executive lounge for Snacks and drinks when I told them it was my wife's birthday. (She was unhappy about our initial 10th floor view of the side of some taller buildings.) We stayed for 4 nights, but that really wasn't enough time to do even half the things we had planned to do, but it's a good excuse for a return trip.
Edgys NYC top tips
We stay in the Waldorf but you lot won’t be able to afford it
So
1) The tick tock diner. Not a tourist thing. A real USA diner and a joy to people watch for a time.
2) The loeb boathouse in Central Park. Not cheap but certainly an amazing location
3) The staton island ferry, it’s free
4) the oyster bar in grand central station, it’s an absolute must
5) buy some utter fake tat from china town. Great fun. We all love a rulex watch
6) simply take a walk down 5th and enjoy the atmosphere
7) the UN tour. Really informative
8) walk any bridge at night. Romantic
9) ground zero. Obvious but a strange air of peace in a very busy city and chance to offer respects to those who died but also those who helped the city rise from the ashes
10) hire a limo from the airport. Cheesy, expensive ? yes. But such fun

Edgys NYC top tips
So
1) The tick tock diner. Not a tourist thing. A real USA diner and a joy to people watch for a time.
2) The loeb boathouse in Central Park. Not cheap but certainly an amazing location
5) buy some utter fake tat from china town. Great fun. We all love a rulex watch
9) ground zero. Obvious but a strange air of peace in a very busy city and chance to offer respects to those who died but also those who helped the city rise from the ashes
Id add

1. MOMA
2. Empire State Building
3. Afternoon tea in the Palm Court @ Plaza Hotel.

I was in NYC three weeks or so after 9/11. As I was driven in from JFK you could still see and smell the smoke rising....something I will never forget

Id add

1. MOMA
2. Empire State Building
3. Afternoon tea in the Palm Court @ Plaza Hotel.

I was in NYC three weeks or so after 9/11. As I was driven in from JFK you could still see and smell the smoke rising....something I will never forget
My good friend was on his way to a meeting in the restaurant. His little one was playing up and he ended up being late

Edgys NYC top tips
So

You definitely have New York covered there. The only thing we did on that list was Ground Zero and of course the 911 museum, which is a very sobering experience. You are right about it having a strange air of peace considering the location.

I will be sure to try to include some of the above recommendations on our next trip. Cheers.

Lake Garda is outstanding. Me and wife went in June 2017, flew to Verona, Train to Desenzan del Garda, and stayed there for a week. Fantastic resort, and superb for the train. Only 90 minutes to Venice and 15 Euro, and in the other direction the same price and distance to Milan. Verona is also a fantastic City to visit.

Lake Garda itself is stunning and the ferrys will take you to all the villages along the coast. Simione is without doubt one of the most picturesque places weve ever visited.
Lovely area, we stayed on a Eurocamp site (camping Bella Italia) in a caravan just outside of Peschiera on the lakeside. It was a lovely walk to the town along a lakeside path and in Peschiera there is the train station where trains go to as you say Venice, Milan and Verona and there was a free bus service from close to the train station to Garda Land which the kids loved (I think we gained entry by using the Tesco points scheme so it didn’t cost us anything apart from crashing in some Tesco points).

We were only there for a week but did get to Verona, Venice and Simione. We will definitely be going again.

However, we plan to go with Eurocamp again next year to Switzerland, another beautiful area but can be expensive if you eat outall of the time. Last two times we went therethe temperature was in the high 20c’s during the first two weeks of September. The cost with Eurocamp drops drastically from the 1st September onwards and the caravans are quite good, we have had no complaints.

My good friend was on his way to a meeting in the restaurant. His little one was playing up and he ended up being late
Yikes. One of my neighbours was working in Canary Wharf at the time for a USA insurance company who had several floors of the WTC.....a number of people he knew perished that day

When all this pandemic stuff is over, we plan on heading to NYC. Have been meaning to try out the "Babybus" from LYC to JFK (via Shannon on the way out), unless of course it's a casualty of BA downsizing