PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hooligans

yoga

Anyone catch the bbc1 documentary last night(wednesday)focusing on english hooligans at the world cup in germany
Absolute human scum and brought to mind bobby robsons comment from the 70's "BURN THE BASTARDS"

Re: Hooligans

yoga said:
Anyone catch the bbc1 documentary last night(wednesday)focusing on english hooligans at the world cup in germany
Absolute human scum and brought to mind bobby robsons comment from the 70's "BURN THE BASTARDS"

A handful of people casuing trouble, sometimes as a result of been provoked. Hardly a fair reflection is it? I mean something like 250,000 fans travelled, so by my calculations that means if 2,500 people were arrested then that was 1% of the following. If you looked at the trouble in Stuttgart a lot was down to provocation on the German side, and also I think it was Frankfurt where England fans were attacked by the Germans. Lets not also forget the number of arrests when Poland played Germany, 400 plus.

Personally have followed England abroad several times I found it a very misleadign representation.

Panorama did their best to try and prove there is still a problem with English hooligans. They must have been very disappointed.
A much better watch 3 men in a boat on BBC2

You see more violence at chucking out time on a Friday night. That was nothing tbh. The I hated the most from that documentary are the official England supporters club - arrogant c*cks going into a German school to prove that not all Englishmen were violent thugs :mad:

Yapyap said:
You see more violence at chucking out time on a Friday night. That was nothing tbh. The I hated the most from that documentary are the official England supporters club - arrogant c*cks going into a German school to prove that not all Englishmen were violent thugs :mad:
Yeh and like your the type of person to create a good positive impression...
one Word - ANIMALS

wembleywhite said:
Yeh and like your the type of person to create a good positive impression...

Actually, I am (even if I do say so myself). I'm not a violent person, and nor do I feel the need to interrupt German kids school lessons to tell them all how great we are. If only there were more like me....

I found it intriguing to see that that sort of thing happens, but like anything with the media, joe public now thinks that what we saw on Panorama is what every england fan is like. And that supporters club in the school thing was frankly embarrasing.

hooligans are scum, no doubt about it. but i do feel that the media make it worse than what it is. i can remember during the 2000 euro championships, a headline was 'land of dope and glory' with the gist of it saying hooligans couldn't be bothered to fight as they were to busy being stoned in holland. i read into it that a reporter paid some people to cause some trouble with the said money they went and did the correct thing and got stoned leaving the reporter red faced. since then i have taken what the media have said about it with a pinch of salt.

Yapyap said:

And playing the great escape! ....fucking hate that tune.

Two of our friends went to the World Cup and saw all the games up to the Sweden game. They are, like us, middle aged ( a young middle aged if I do say so myself ).

In all the time they were there they saw no violence at all. On two occasions they saw provocation. Once, when some German chavs decided to try and provoke all the English drinking in a square, and after an hour someone suggested to them that they might like to move on before they got a slap. The second occasion was when the press tried to interview English fans about hooliganism when they were paying their respects to the Jewish dead at the site of a concentration camp ( forget which one ).

I wonder if the makers of the Panorama programme would think it fair to judge all press reporters on the actions of these scum or whether they would think that they just represent an unacceptable minority.

yoga said:

how old are you? pathetic