PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hopefully back in stadiums from October.

Insurance costs make that unlikely, especially with smaller crowds/capacity.

Not if there are no away fans for initial matches.

Would make more sense as would provide extra capacity for fans to be split around staida.

Social distancing may end in November, so it will be different for all those who decide to attend games in October. Social distancing may last longer.

I will see how the plans are, but I don't think I'll bother going to games for a while yet.

The lower crowds and therefore lower income for the club
Not if there are no away fans for initial matches.

Would make more sense as would provide extra capacity for fans to be split around staida.
I tend to agree, but the costs could outweigh the benefit.

I would actually prefer them to not start the season until October rather than start again behind closed doors.

Even if its lower capacity and home fans only initially.

Me too.

No fans is stadia does nothing for me at all.

The lower crowds and therefore lower income for the club

I tend to agree, but the costs could outweigh the benefit.

Would depend on social distancing, capacity limits and if away fans are allowed in initally.

If we went 50% capacity with no away fans we could probably cater for all our usual home support if the kop was utilised for home fans. If it wasn't then we could end up with demand out stripping supply, yet having 12000 empty seats.

I assume the league will be talking to the government on how this will work, especially as clubs will be desperate to start selling season tickets.

Its vital for clubs to get as many fans in and ASAP.

Bear in mind this is the Uk government, and based on giving things a timeframe so far, when they say October it’ll probably be March

Bear in mind this is the Uk government, and based on giving things a timeframe so far, when they say October it’ll probably be March

Just think of all that lovely VAT and alcohol tax they are missing out on though... can work wonders in changing their thinking.

Encouraging households and families to attend together (and wouldn’t have to spread out across several seats) will help in getting more people in.

Wouldn’t be a shock if they have a designated area of the ground for older folk too.