PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hopefully back in stadiums from October.

I hope they keep their word......otherwise I think a lot of people will be finished with PNE.

If we are not allowed to restart with crowds on 17th October we will revisit our ‘no refunds policy’ for the coming season.

This is going to get a lot worse before it gets better, I'm afraid. Chances of getting in footy grounds are slim, this side of Christmas.
We did speculate when it first started that it could be March / April 2021 before fans would be allowed back in.

We did speculate when it first started that it could be March / April 2021 before fans would be allowed back in.
I think theres going to be clubs who will be unable to finish the season. Carnage lies ahead for our game.

If that was to be the case then the economic health of sport in this country will be utterly decimated. Loads of lower league clubs probably wouldn’t exist beyond the turn of the year.

I think part of the problem is they’re yet to see the impact of opening up stadiums (in a socially distanced way). It might be that it’s just as safe as going to the cinema or going shopping but because there’s no real proof either way I think they’re going to be very hesitant to be thousands of people in one stadium.

As for North End I feel we should’ve followed a similar ticketing model to Bristol City. We have charged everyone a 23 game price already for 21 games. Bristol City (and others) have sold 23 game tickets but already refunded pro rata for the early behind closed doors games and will continue to do so until fans are allowed back in.

I look forward to seeing what we propose but anything less than pro rata refunds will lead to uproar IMHO.

If that was to be the case then the economic health of sport in this country will be utterly decimated. Loads of lower league clubs probably wouldn’t exist beyond the turn of the year.

I think part of the problem is they’re yet to see the impact of opening up stadiums (in a socially distanced way). It might be that it’s just as safe as going to the cinema or going shopping but because there’s no real proof either way I think they’re going to be very hesitant to be thousands of people in one stadium.

As for North End I feel we should’ve followed a similar ticketing model to Bristol City. We have charged everyone a 23 game price already for 21 games. Bristol City (and others) have sold 23 game tickets but already refunded pro rata for the early behind closed doors games and will continue to do so until fans are allowed back in.

I look forward to seeing what we propose but anything less than pro rata refunds will lead to uproar IMHO.

I'm assuming it will be pro-rata less the 'free' iFollow passes - about £2.17 per game for me.

Last edited:
Interesting read from Colchester about the iFollow pricing and impact on smaller/bigger away followings

Interesting read from Colchester about the iFollow pricing and impact on smaller/bigger away followings

I mentioned this last week to explain why North End weren’t giving away the passes for Saturday away matches - assuming a similar uptake to Colchester, it would cost them tens of thousands of pounds.

Also bear in mind that there would be plenty like me who didn’t pay for Saturday but would have been entitled to a free pass and also plenty like me with more than one ticket holder in the house - and one of the passes would go unused. All complications that make the cost hard to calculate accurately.

Gove just confirmed a pause on fans back in stadiums but not something they are cancelling.

The next statement by Peter will be a very important one.