PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How Low(e) Can We Go?

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron
Nobody is giving us cash for Johnson, Maguire or Evans.

Identifying targets is not landing and signing targets, because literally anyone can identify targets.

"We'll be able to buy targets that we have consistently failed to buy in the past, if first we get another 3 players off the wage bill" is not a recipe for success, it's a recipe for yet more Hemmings cost-cutting with no guarantee they'll sign anybody - it's a recipe for an even worse (but much cheaper to pay) squad than the one we've got now.
Tbf, I don’t think he meant that. Off loading the wage bill will be the main benefit.

OB1

Patron
Tbf, I don’t think he meant that. Off loading the wage bill will be the main benefit.
“Get a bit of cash for them”

Nobody is offering even a packet of crisps for any of them. Maybe DJ at a push would get a fee

Alfie

A few have said this before, people bought the season tickets because they were cheaper than usual, I, like many other pne fans were always going to buy a season ticket regardless if they were reduced or not. We are all disappointed but fortunes can change quickly in this league, I don't think a lot of the teams we have faced have been particularly good at all if you ask me, Sheff Utd were pretty awful yesterday but they still won, we still pick up consistent points and are not at the relegation zone, Yes the goals are a point of concern but by January if we sell off Evans, Maguire and Johnson then that cash could be used to get that proper quality player we have been crying out for, I firmly believe if that cash was there this summer then this team would be fucking flying in the league since a lot of the targets we identified this summer and doing very well for their clubs. Also just want to say that i think the club knew that they could not lower the wage bill low enough to be able to get in that extra personnel, Johnson, Maguire and Evans have all been handed new contracts since they joined the club meaning they are probably among the highest earners, once they are gone and get a bit of cash for them then I think this team can really flourish.
Fucking hell man. What have you got against the Oxford comma?

noelpne

Patron
I thought Ryan Lowe was manager, not Arthur Lowe.

It’s all a bit Grim-Mr-Risdale, what’s he going to do about it?
It's not Norman Wisdom ( whose tailor was 'Academy Menswear' on Cannon St. ) or Arthur English either, and this is not Grace Brothers, even though the actor from 'Are you being served' who had the catchphrase "I'm free" was from our Town - John Inman !

65on

A few have said this before, people bought the season tickets because they were cheaper than usual, I, like many other pne fans were always going to buy a season ticket regardless if they were reduced or not. We are all disappointed but fortunes can change quickly in this league, I don't think a lot of the teams we have faced have been particularly good at all if you ask me, Sheff Utd were pretty awful yesterday but they still won, we still pick up consistent points and are not at the relegation zone, Yes the goals are a point of concern but by January if we sell off Evans, Maguire and Johnson then that cash could be used to get that proper quality player we have been crying out for, I firmly believe if that cash was there this summer then this team would be fucking flying in the league since a lot of the targets we identified this summer and doing very well for their clubs. Also just want to say that i think the club knew that they could not lower the wage bill low enough to be able to get in that extra personnel, Johnson, Maguire and Evans have all been handed new contracts since they joined the club meaning they are probably among the highest earners, once they are gone and get a bit of cash for them then I think this team can really flourish.
SELL OFF Evans,Maguire and Johnson! Who to? What clubs would BUY the first 2? On current form we might just get our money back for Johnson.

llanroc

Patron
I noticed a lot of empty seats on the town end yesterday, this is pretty much sold out by season ticket holders isn't it ? Think people might already be fed up .
No, they were probably on holiday. How can they possibly be fed up of this attacking winning football that we were promised by our truly honest Manager?

No Danger

Patron
SELL OFF Evans,Maguire and Johnson! Who to? What clubs would BUY the first 2? On current form we might just get our money back for Johnson.
I really hope we get some more good games out of DJ. He is a talented, capable player but on recent evidence he just seems to be going through the motions till his contract expires. Hope it dawns on him that his chances of a lucrative offer elsewhere will be enhances if he can produce some dazzling performances during the remainder of his time here.

Schemer

Patron
I really hope we get some more good games out of DJ. He is a talented, capable player but on recent evidence he just seems to be going through the motions till his contract expires. Hope it dawns on him that his chances of a lucrative offer elsewhere will be enhances if he can produce some dazzling performances during the remainder of his time here.
I can't see him getting a more lucrative contract than he's on here anywhere else to be honest. I know there was talk of him going to Wigan a few years ago, and possibly Rangers(?) but has there ever been any really firm interest?

He's always been a frustrating player, spells when he's looked great, followed by spells of mediocrity. His best form has certainly come when he's been played just off the striker and he was superb behind Eoin Doyle for Chesterfield when Doyle scored 3 against us in 2014. He's probably another one who doesn't quite fit into Lowe's rigid 3-5-2 system.

lenny

No, they were probably on holiday. How can they possibly be fed up of this attacking winning football that we were promised by our truly honest Manager?
I am on holiday in Greece but gave my card to someone else not that easy to find someone who wants it even for free 😥