PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How much control does Peter Ridsdale have?

Possibly part of Mr Beet's remit - to look at "fit" although I think that may be out of his area of expertise.
Correct, thats where your "people people" come in and a good example of why not taking advantage of the knowledge of people who work day to day with footballers (i.e. the coaching team) is a bad idea!

No doubt about it, but the approach is still valid and equally there are many UK based examples and there's a via cork route too I believe isn't there?
Not sure about Cork. I don't think Hemmings proceeded with the purchase did he? Plus, they're not even in the top league now.

So much negativity here! I don't know PR personally, so am by no means qualified to comment on his abilities, be they business or football related. I acknowledge he has, let's say, a chequered past....... I have actually met him once, on a train (when Virgin were sponsors) to watch QPR v PNE (at least, I think it was that game, might have been Charlton!) and found him a perfectly pleasant gentleman who spend the entire journey to London walking up and down the train, talking to fans instead of simply languishing in First Class. I saw no arguments or confrontations from him or the fans who had a unique opportunity to talk to a captive audience on all sorts of areas, all, of course, PNE related. I recognise that, in such a situation, he's never going to anything other than affable or discose any confidences - but I wouldn't expect anything different from any other person of"chief executive" level.

What I now see is an apparently solvent football club that, in comparison to a large percentage of teams in the Championship, seem to be debt-free and stable. In that respect, whether or not Mr Risdale is as devious as many seem to be making out is, perhaps, academic. What I do not want to see is an attempt to gamble the lot on attempting to getting to / staying in the PL, as tried, and spectacularly failng, as we all know, by many of the so-called "big clubs". Like it or not, football at professional level is a business like any other. Prudent financial management, especially in times such as we're experiencing now, must surely always be top of any agenda.

It maybe a case of "be careful what you wish for" here. I'm sure no-one on this forum wants to see distant / unscrupulous owners with funding from despot countries with very questionable issues around sources of finance and human rights. Which, perhaps, raises the bigger question of "If PNE were indeed sold to such an owner, would you still want to support them?" I suspect that many Man City fans, whilst understandably loving the success, have asked themselves the same question and may have the dilemma of being uncomfortable with the answer....Perhaps that's why they turn their backs when they score - they can't decide if it's all a good thing or not!

And, ultimately, we can all moan as much as we like but it ain't going to make a scrap of difference to the policies that PNE seem to be locked in to.

Let's just see what the summer brings, get back to Deepdale, give Frankie our absolute support, enjoy (I hope!) the football and just be grateful we still have a club to go to.
Thanks for that Trevor, you need to speak to us more often.

Did he end up marrying Miss Clitheroe from Cuthbert Mayne....

Many years later he managed / coached the Preston schoolboys team when my lad played forgir them - Strict but fair
Ahhh, the blonde who was the girls P E mistress , the rumour when I was there was that Colgan was slipping her a warm one in the changing rooms.

Possibly part of Mr Beet's remit - to look at "fit" although I think that may be out of his area of expertise.

You can’t do that sat behind a computer screen.

You can only do that by talking to and observing someone and asking people who know them.

Ainsworth mentioned that he went to watch a player who was substituted during the game and chucked a strop on his way off the pitch. He was crossed off the list immediately.

You can’t do that sat behind a computer screen.

You can only do that by talking to and observing someone and asking people who know them.

Ainsworth mentioned that he went to watch a player who was substituted during the game and chucked a strop on his way off the pitch. He was crossed off the list immediately.
Yeah that’s why I stated that it was out of his area of expertise. I’m quite familiar with analysis of people 😃

Why are we putting so much faith in Mr Ridsdale a trail of devastation has followed his involvment in every club he has been at and when did we appoint him as manager?
Too much power, too much control.
An elderly dictator and dangerous man. imo

This is the problem - we're hoping for a drop in prices and fall in demand for players in the domestic market we use (due to multiple Championship clubs imminently going bust because they didn't pay their tax bill, or something), at exactly the time that prices for domestic players are more likely to increase if anything, due to extra demand for their services from clubs who previously shopped in the EU, but will no longer be able to.

We're hoping to get started in the analytical game in our usual domestic market at exactly the time that all the clubs already well established using analytics will be shifting their focus and resources to the same domestic market.
But if Trev buys us a new PC from Currys then hopefully our computer works faster than Brentfords and we'll be able to snap em up quick like.