PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How much would a David Healy cost from Man Utd now?

Mer5eywhite

Patron
I ask the question because I want to know how far behind the game we are financially, compared to where we were 20+ years ago.
It will help me decide just how good/bad a job Neil is doing.

I ask the question because I want to know how far behind the game we are financially, compared to where we were 20+ years ago.
It will help me decide just how good/bad a job Neil is doing.
£5m+ today, no danger. Probably edging towards £8m - £10m.

Who could you compare him to in the present day (prior to him signing for us)? Brewster possibly?
I think we'd probably get a similar standard player now for the same outlay...but it'd be a season long loan!

Might be in the minority but I thought Healy was class.

Went out on loan I think before coming back and doing well before he signed for those cunts.

I was gutted when he left.

I was gutted when he left too. Didn't he score twice against us at Deepdale not long after he signed for Leeda (maybe a month).. I also recall him celebrating in front of the Town End after the second or fourth Leeds goal (a 4-2 loss I think!). I'm still baffled that fans wanted him back when we were in League 1..

I was gutted when he left too. Didn't he score twice against us at Deepdale not long after he signed for Leeda (maybe a month).. I also recall him celebrating in front of the Town End after the second or fourth Leeds goal (a 4-2 loss I think!). I'm still baffled that fans wanted him back when we were in League 1..
I don't remember anyone wanting him back tbh.

Brewster was 20m and he's probably comparable example. Unaffordable for any championship club.

Just seen Jamal Lowe scored two excellent goals for Swansea. Guy was in Healy price range and playing in North west.

If club was really serious about getting into top 6 we'd now be seeing a front 3 of Sincs-Woodrow- Lowe with likes of Riis, Maguire and Barky as good back up.

That would've only cost about 5m in total aswell so not much by today's mad prices at top end of championship level.

You’re right about him scoring here and acting like a twat.

Not defending him but he was always that sort of character wasn’t he.

He left in our play-off final season with Leeds finishing mid tableish, just imagine what could have been had he stayed along with signing Nugent.

Brewster was 20m and he's probably comparable example. Unaffordable for any championship club.

Just seen Jamal Lowe scored two excellent goals for Swansea. Guy was in Healy price range and playing in North west.

If club was really serious about getting into top 6 we'd now be seeing a front 3 of Sincs-Woodrow- Lowe with likes of Riis, Maguire and Barky as good back up.

That would've only cost about 5m in total aswell so not much by today's mad prices at top end of championship level.
Even if it didn't work out with Woodrow and Lowe they'd still likely show enough to flip for a profit or break even with Riis ready to break through as the full time starter.

Might be in the minority but I thought Healy was class.

Went out on loan I think before coming back and doing well before he signed for those cunts.

I was gutted when he left.
Completely with you there. Thought Healy was class and loved him. His re-introduction into the team (the start of BD’s tenure?) coincided with me going on regularly for the first time. Starred in a 3-0 win against Stoke I think which was my first game as a season ticket holder. Great days.

Cresswell, Macken and Healy all came from premier league. Eddie Lewis as well. Fuller from scotland I think. Club was just more proactive in those days in signing those on fringes of premier sides and giving them regular starts. Mears and etuhu came in from man city as well. Still allows Nugent type gambles from bury also. Club policy made more sense then and now and generally reflected in league finishes.