PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How the media works

CY2V83SWUAAyarg.jpg

This was her facebook post.

CY2vr2pWcAEziIg.png

_87350687_mail23.jpg

An article on 23 December 2015 about migrants trying to reach Britain said that ‘nearly 100,000 people are thought to have been stopped at our besieged borders in 12 months’.In fact, as the article made clear, this was an annualised rate based on the latest government figures which showed that there had been 30,629 foiled attempts to enter Britain between April and July 2015.
Statistics are not yet available for the number of migrants stopped during the full twelve-month period between January and December 2015. We are happy to make clear that the Home Office uses the term ‘clandestine entrants’ rather than ‘illegal immigrants’.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/article-3394899/Clarifications-corrections.html

So basically there werent 100,000 and they werent illegal immigrants. Other than that the article was true.....................

thisis an interesting one, looks like the spin doctors have spinning in reverse:

CZxHZZ4XEAA0MF6.jpg

CZwkXE1XEAMslXu.jpg

I guess theyre hedging their bets on which way opinion might sway.

Typical Daily Mail though, no to kids but yes to 1 aussie! all on the same page :)

thisis an interesting one, looks like the spin doctors have spinning in reverse:

I guess theyre hedging their bets on which way opinion might sway.

Typical Daily Mail though, no to kids but yes to 1 aussie! all on the same page :)

The Daily Fail one is unbelieveable. Do they actually realise what they've done there?

Disgraceful BBC Panorama Propaganda Hides Grim Truth About Britain
4 Apr, 2016

Richard Bilton of the BBC today exposed himself as the most corrupt and bankrupt of state media shills – while pretending to be fronting an expose of corruption. There could not be a more perfect example of the western state and corporate media pretending to reveal the Panama leak data while actually engaging in pure misdirection.

In a BBC Panorama documentary entitled Tax Havens of the Rich and Powerful Exposed, they actually did precisely the opposite. The BBC related at length the stories of the money laundering companies of the Icelandic PM and Putin’s alleged cellist. The impression was definitely given and reinforced that these companies were in Panama.

Richard Bilton deliberately suppressed the information that all the companies involved were in fact not Panamanian but in the corrupt British colony of the British Virgin Islands. At no stage did Bilton even mention the British Virgin Islands.

Company documents were flashed momentarily on screen, in some cases for a split second, and against deliberately unclear backgrounds. There is no chance that 99.9% of viewers would notice they referred to British Virgin Islands companies. But instantly reading a glimpsed document is an essential skill for a career diplomat, and of course I happen to know immediately what BVI or Tortola mean on a document. So I have been back and got screenshots of those brief flashes.

Screenshot (17)

Screenshot (14)

Screenshot (15)

Is it not truly, truly, astonishing the British Virgin Islands were not even mentioned when the BBC broadcast their “investigation” of these documents?

In deliberately obscuring the key role of the British money-laundering base of British Virgin Islands in these transactions, the BBC have demonstrated precisely why the entire database has to be released to the scrutiny of the people, rather than being filtered by the dubious honesty of state and corporate journalists. The BBC targeting of two very low level British minions at the end of their programme does not alter this.

The BBC could also address why their Pacific Quay HQ in Glasgow is leased for £100 million from a hidden ownership company in the Cayman Islands.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/arch...ma-propaganda-hides-grim-truth-about-britain/

Disgraceful BBC Panorama Propaganda Hides Grim Truth About Britain
4 Apr, 2016

Richard Bilton of the BBC today exposed himself as the most corrupt and bankrupt of state media shills – while pretending to be fronting an expose of corruption. There could not be a more perfect example of the western state and corporate media pretending to reveal the Panama leak data while actually engaging in pure misdirection.

In a BBC Panorama documentary entitled Tax Havens of the Rich and Powerful Exposed, they actually did precisely the opposite. The BBC related at length the stories of the money laundering companies of the Icelandic PM and Putin’s alleged cellist. The impression was definitely given and reinforced that these companies were in Panama.

Richard Bilton deliberately suppressed the information that all the companies involved were in fact not Panamanian but in the corrupt British colony of the British Virgin Islands. At no stage did Bilton even mention the British Virgin Islands.

Company documents were flashed momentarily on screen, in some cases for a split second, and against deliberately unclear backgrounds. There is no chance that 99.9% of viewers would notice they referred to British Virgin Islands companies. But instantly reading a glimpsed document is an essential skill for a career diplomat, and of course I happen to know immediately what BVI or Tortola mean on a document. So I have been back and got screenshots of those brief flashes.

Screenshot (17)

Screenshot (14)

Screenshot (15)

Is it not truly, truly, astonishing the British Virgin Islands were not even mentioned when the BBC broadcast their “investigation” of these documents?

In deliberately obscuring the key role of the British money-laundering base of British Virgin Islands in these transactions, the BBC have demonstrated precisely why the entire database has to be released to the scrutiny of the people, rather than being filtered by the dubious honesty of state and corporate journalists. The BBC targeting of two very low level British minions at the end of their programme does not alter this.

The BBC could also address why their Pacific Quay HQ in Glasgow is leased for £100 million from a hidden ownership company in the Cayman Islands.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/arch...ma-propaganda-hides-grim-truth-about-britain/

Plus when they did mention Britain it was relative small fry.. a landlord who didn't declare his ownership of a property via an offshore company and a guy who diverted NHS funds..
I'm sure most of the population believe this is about Putin and the Icelandic PM... and few dodgy landlord types in London.

Headline in Todays Guardian.

Headline in Todays Guardian.

CfXFbnSXEAAyMxb.jpg:large

Cruz crushes Trump but Sanders only beats clinton.

Amazingly both had the exact same winning margins.

Its how it works.

Here we go, you are the main accuser of people yet youve just come on to a topic and got personal. You cant help yourself can you?

do you believe the media doesnt, at best, attempt to mislead opinion? Or are you here to start yet another bitchfest?

Raefil, you surely therefore will agree that the Daily Mirror notably spins stories to a heavy leftist angle, and spins everything Labour do into something brilliant and amazing?

They all do it and it works both ways, thereby nullifying the overall effect anyway. People can make their own minds up on issues.

Raefil, you surely therefore will agree that the Daily Mirror notably spins stories to a heavy leftist angle, and spins everything Labour do into something brilliant and amazing?

They all do it and it works both ways, thereby nullifying the overall effect anyway. People can make their own minds up on issues.

I remember there were two polls last year on who the public trusted/mistrusted.

The tabloids were ranked lower than politicians, below 10%

Regarding lack of media coverage re the UK/Tory/City part in the Panama leak...maybe, but I`ve yet to speak to anyone who didn`t know about it..or consider it a given anyway, without needing to be told.

I remember there were two polls last year on who the public trusted/mistrusted.

The tabloids were ranked lower than politicians, below 10%

Regarding lack of media coverage re the UK/Tory/City part in the Panama leak...maybe, but I`ve yet to speak to anyone who didn`t know about it..or consider it a given anyway, without needing to be told.

I've experienced the opposite.

Interesting take from each local election

Interesting take from each local election

People couldnt be blamed for thinking theres some sort of conspiracy.

Ch4piydW0AARurr.jpg

Its how the media works