PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How the media works

Dcz-BZmWkAA7IpQ.jpg

Not exactly up to the minute but I find it curious that the BBC TV news on Wednesday did not feature anything at all about PM’s questions in parliament that day. Couldn’t be that, just for once, Corbyn made a complete fool of Mrs May could it?

17th April

How could the Windrush scandal have been allowed to happen?

DdWz-SpX0AAdx22.jpg

17th May

Why should we have to prove immigrants are here illegally? Surely the fact that they look foreign should be enough?

DdW0ANYXUAAwdmp.jpg

Still an absolute mystery how Windrush happened...

How could the Windrush scandal have been allowed to happen?

Why should we have to prove immigrants are here illegally? Surely the fact that they look foreign should be enough?

Still an absolute mystery how Windrush happened...

Good to see the Daily Mail back to its contradictory best :D

Thicko Abbott calls one right and is immediately accused of opening the Country up to every Tom,Dick and waif and stray sponger....Imagine the home office having to actually prove that someones here illegally before they were hoiked out...Unthinkable.......... Comedy gold.:D:D

not taken away from her mother at the US border, says her father.

A photograph of the Honduran toddler sobbing in a pink jacket was taken at the scene of a border detention.

Time magazine has used the image for its latest cover, depicting President Donald Trump looming over the girl with the caption: "Welcome to America".

But she is not one of the thousands of child migrants taken from parents.

Migrant families separation: The big picture explained
Melania wears 'I really don't care' coat
The image was taken by a photographer for the news agency Getty Images, John Moore, on 12 June at McAllen, Texas.

The Pulitzer prize-winner told the BBC that the mother had been breastfeeding her child after crossing the Rio Grande in a raft in the moments before they were detained.

Image copyrightFACEBOOK
Image caption
Denis Valera (L), Sandra Sanchez (R) and Yanela Denise (M). Mr Valera says the couple have three other children who are back in Honduras
Mr Moore said they were taken away together by border patrol.

The photo stoked outrage over the Trump administration's child migrant separations policy, rolled out in April, of removing young undocumented people from their mothers and fathers as they are detained for crossing the US-Mexico border.

The photo helped secure $17m (£13m) in donations from hundreds of thousands of people on a Facebook fundraiser for the Refugee and Immigrant Center for Education and Legal Services, a Texas-based non-profit organisation.

Media captionA Guatemalan asylum seeker is reunited with her son at a Baltimore airport
"My daughter has become a symbol of the separation of children at the US border," Denis Valera told Reuters news agency.

"She may have even touched President Trump's heart."

"Seeing what was happening to her in that moment breaks anyone's heart," he added.

Image copyrightGETTY IMAGES
Image caption
Sandra Sanchez (L) with her daughter Yanela Denise at the border
Mr Valera said his daughter and her mother, Sandra Sanchez, have been detained together in the border town of McAllen as Ms Sanchez seeks asylum.

Honduran Deputy Foreign Minister Nelly Jerez verified Mr Valera's version of events to Reuters.

The Border Patrol agent who stopped Ms Sanchez and her daughter, Carlos Ruiz, said the mother was asked to set the child down so she could be searched.

"The kid immediately started crying as she set her down. I personally went up to the mother and asked her, 'Are you doing OK? Is the kid OK?'

"And she said, 'Yes. She's tired and thirsty. It's 11 o'clock at night.'"

The little girl is two-year-old Yanela Denise, according to the Daily Mail newspaper.

Mr Valera said Ms Sanchez and their daughter had left the Honduran city of Puerto Cortes without telling him or the couple's three other children.

Skip Twitter post by @thomasbrake
View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

Tom Brake

@thomasbrake
We all know how proud @realDonaldTrump is of his @TIME
magazine covers. Will he be proud of his latest one?

8:55 PM - Jun 21, 2018
156 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
End of Twitter post by @thomasbrake
He said he believed she went to the US to search of better economic opportunities.

Mr Valera told Reuters: "If they are deported, that is OK as long as they do not leave the child without her mother. I am waiting to see what happens with them."

He told the Daily Mail he understands Ms Sanchez paid $6,000 (£4,500) to a smuggler to get her across the border.

According to the newspaper, the couple's three other children are aged 14, 11 and six.

Mr Valera said: "The kids see what's happening. They're a little worried but I don't try to bring it up that much. They know their mother and sister are safe now."

more B/S from the media.

more B/S from the media.

I hate to break this to you but....and I'm sorry....the picture of Trump on the same cover.....he wasn't even talking to the little girl. They've never actually met. Shocking I know.

(Nice deflection from the fact that 1000s of kids have actually been separated and you are more concerned about a magazine cover )

Time this was ressurected again because apparently Comic Relief telling the unpallatable truth of what is acually happening in Britain has rattled the Hate Mails cages!!!

D12I0WEWoAA3I2a

Time this was ressurected again because apparently Comic Relief telling the unpallatable truth of what is acually happening in Britain has rattled the Hate Mails cages!!!

D12I0WEWoAA3I2a

Aren’t they simply stating the obvious? Everyone already knows about the poverty inflicted by the tories the dozy sods.

The thing about comic relief......

Loads of rich, probable tax dodging, millionaires asking the less fortunate to give their last penny?

Maybe I’ve got it wrong?

The thing about comic relief......

Loads of rich, probable tax dodging, millionaires asking the less fortunate to give their last penny?

Maybe I’ve got it wrong?

I'm with you although it is good they have shifted the focus to the plight of UK citizens as there are people in all of our home towns really struggling just to eat something.

My problem with charity stems from the oxfam scandal stuff. Lots of charity workers are just looking to exploit the vulnerable here and abroad.

In two days Johnson lost his majority live on TV,
fired 23 MPs,
became the first PM in history to lose his first three commons votes and now he has to sit there completely powerless until the other parties give him permission to have an election.

UK media:

CORBYN IS A CHICKEN

EDq_5mQWsAENQYp

fired 23 MPs,
became the first PM in history to lose his first three commons votes and now he has to sit there completely powerless until the other parties give him permission to have an election.

UK media:

CORBYN IS A CHICKEN

EDq_5mQWsAENQYp
Didnt think Id have to edit this one quite so quickly

+ His own brother has now told him hes a dickhead :)

fired 23 MPs,

UK media:

CORBYN IS A CHICKEN

EDq_5mQWsAENQYp

Sadly and I really mean that

This is the level of what the papers and it as to be said some politicians have come too

James OBrien who is far from being a lover of Jeremy corbyn sums up this whole thread in a brilliant 5 min monologue.

Im almost reluctant to put this one up but it is out there and shows just how disgusting this piece of shit that calls itself a newspaper actually is.

If you still buy this, shame on you.

EEnccsZXoAApvit

EEqCN52W4AA-4_Y