PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

How will things improve with this man as an advisor?

Should Riddler also be shown the door?

• Yes

Votes: 131 58.7%
  • No

Votes: 98 43.9%

• Total voters
Heard on the QT that the change in model to head coach is simply a PR ‘land grab’ & he’s on a total power trip now he’s come out of his Director ban last year.

ANs departure plays into this & who knows what has gone on behind the scenes in recent times to speed up/influence this?

This does not sound good & I cannot see many decent managers wanting to come in and be a clear ‘yes’ man under PR.

looks like we will stay up this season, however, I’m really worried about next season......

Heard on the QT that the change in model to head coach is simply a PR ‘land grab’ & he’s on a total power trip now he’s come out of his Director ban last year.

ANs departure plays into this & who knows what has gone on behind the scenes in recent times to speed up/influence this?

This does not sound good & I cannot see many decent managers wanting to come in and be a clear ‘yes’ man under PR.

looks like we will stay up this season, however, I’m really worried about next season......
Instead of trying to raise speculation over what Ridsdale may or may not be up to, how about having a look at Alex Neil's record over the last 18 months.
The dust has settled a bit now and the very same players are enjoying their jobs.
Watching North End recently has been depressing, totally depressing.
I wish Alex well in the future but the change had to made he was derailing the whole club.

Doesn’t there have to be an element of yes man in the role of a football manager
The role is to want everything but to then manage with what you are given
Not as it seems with AN go off into a major strop

Instead of trying to raise speculation over what Ridsdale may or may not be up to, how about having a look at Alex Neil's record over the last 18 months.
The dust has settled a bit now and the very same players are enjoying their jobs.
Watching North End recently has been depressing, totally depressing.
I wish Alex well in the future but the change had to made he was derailing the whole club.
I don’t disagree with his poor record BTW, he was like a rabbit in headlights by the end..... I’m just making point that there are clearly many factors at play & that the positioning of PR is clearly concerning....

Doesn’t there have to be an element of yes man in the role of a football manager
The role is to want everything but to then manage with what you are given
Not as it seems with AN go off into a major strop

In any organisation there is a chain of command & agreed objectives - so yes you are right.

However, point I’m making is that this shift towards a head coach is a significant change & if the power balance is weighted firmly to PR then I cannot see how this will end well for us?

In any organisation there is a chain of command & agreed objectives - so yes you are right.

However, point I’m making is that this shift towards a head coach is a significant change & if the power balance is weighted firmly to PR then I cannot see how this will end well for us?
Different discussion but definitely one to have and you certainly have a point

This is what I feared. It does not bode well for the health of the club.