PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hugill/Wolves/Birmingham speculation

Hugill again being linked with Wolves in their local press...

Wolves are considering a move for Preston North End striker Jordan Hugill to lead the line this season.

Paul Lambert was keen to land the 24-year-old, but it is thought the forward is still open to a move to Molineux.

Nuno Espirito Santo has plenty of irons in the fire, but Hugill could still be an option should other moves fail to materialise.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/aston-villa/2017/06/23/transfer-rumours-june-23/

I still say Hugill will be sold to pay the Mcgheady fee or loan fee etc. I'd love Hugill to stay but 600k(?) for harrop, 500k(?) for Rudd, 150k(?) for Maguire,O'Connor, a centre back, all going to cost money so my guess is books will be balanced. I don't think Hugil will go Wolves, i think it will be Sunderland. Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

I still say Hugill will be sold to pay the Mcgheady fee or loan fee etc. I'd love Hugill to stay but 600k(?) for harrop, 500k(?) for Rudd, 150k(?) for Maguire,O'Connor, a centre back, all going to cost money so my guess is books will be balanced. I don't think Hugil will go Wolves, i think it will be Sunderland. Just my opinion.:thumbsup:

Hugill isn't good enough for Sunderland, they could do a lot better, I've never rated Hugill he wouldn't be my number 1 choice anyway.

If there's genuine interest from their end, I'd demand silly money. £8m or something.

Their setup is run by a load of bellends. So called "super agents" doing the deals for stupidly wealthy Chinese business robots.

Hugill isn't good enough for Sunderland, they could do a lot better, I've never rated Hugill he wouldn't be my number 1 choice anyway.

Hugil seems to divide opinion but for me has lots to offer. Big strong fast. He can be a targetman but also he chases balls down and works hard. He can beat Defenders to the ball on a chase and as shown at Villa and Brentford(????)home, he went on two great runs to score. His Achilles Hell is finishing but someone like Barky or Maguire will flourish playing up top with Jordan. He brings alot to this team. We should command a big fee. imo.

If there's genuine interest from their end, I'd demand silly money. £8m or something.

Their setup is run by a load of bellends. So called "super agents" doing the deals for stupidly wealthy Chinese business robots.

The ridiculous things is that money isn't even that silly! A young English forward scoring 10+ goals in the Championship? That's probably the going rate!

Bloody good job you don't pick the team then. Have you ever seen him play? Villa away last season for example.
Best striker for goals scored in the times he's played since Nugent.

As a proven goalscorer at this level, I would say he's worth at least 4-4.5m in today's market.

Remember, someone is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and strikers are a real commodity.

As a proven goalscorer at this level, I would say he's worth at least 4-4.5m in today's market.

Remember, someone is only worth what someone else is willing to pay and strikers are a real commodity.

Right and in this crazy market someone will pay more than 5M. PNE stance should be not interested in selling unless it's 8M. If no one is prepared to pay that's fine, we get to keep him.

I like the lad. He's as strong as an ox, works his arse off, regularly wins headers or forces defenders to head poorly, and has a superb turn of pace for someone his size. He can also score a range of goals, including headers, tap ins, screamers etc.

That makes him sound like an unbelievable talent, however strangely, he isn't. At times he is, frankly, awful. Even Grayson himself said in training he doesn't look like he's worth £20k let alone £2m, but you can't ignore his positive attributes and the fact that anyone who scores goals at this level is worth money. Scunthorpe want £8m for a striker that bagged them 10 in League One last season. When you look at the likes of McCormack, Gestede etc we should be looking at a big fee for Hugill, especially considering he's young and the other positives.

I would, however, let him go in a heartbeat, especially if it meant us getting McGeady. Without being too melodramatic, I've renewed my season ticket (as usual) but a big part in me wanting to do so was the hope of seeing McGeady torment full backs all season, with some of the extended, direct, quick and skilled supporting cast he has around him in Robinson, Horgan, Barkhuizen and potentially Maguire.

I would, however, let him go in a heartbeat, especially if it meant us getting McGeady. Without being too melodramatic, I've renewed my season ticket (as usual) but a big part in me wanting to do so was the hope of seeing McGeady torment full backs all season, with some of the extended, direct, quick and skilled supporting cast he has around him in Robinson, Horgan, Barkhuizen and potentially Maguire.

But what would the point be of McGeady turning defenders inside out if there was no presence in the penalty ready to take advantage of the consequences? Frankly losing Hugill except for a massive fee would be too high a price to pay.

But what would the point be of McGeady turning defenders inside out if there was no presence in the penalty ready to take advantage of the consequences? Frankly losing Hugill except for a massive fee would be too high a price to pay.
See the likes of Robinson, Maguire, Barkhuizen and whoever else we sign that can play up top. With those lads, Gallagher, Johnson, Horgan and McGeady, providing the bullets, Brett Angell could grab 30.

We aint going to have any strikers at this rate

Hugill linked with Wolves & Sunderland
May linked with Aberdeen
Doyle linked with Portsmouth and Wigan

That will leave us with Maguire as an out and out striker
Hopefully Grayson has his sights on a couple more strikers if any of the above are to leave.

I'd take that. Hugill has earned it to be honest as well.

I'd then let Doyle go for peanuts and May for £400k.

Then look for - finally - just one cracking, powerful striker.

We should be asking for £5m at the very least given his goals last season and his age. Mental to say that but that IS the going rate now.

I'd be sad to see him leave, a right handful at times but it would pay for all our summer spending pretty much, would need replacing though.