PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Hunts extends his contract (Confirmed)

Speaking after completing the paperwork, the 33-year-old defender said: “I’m obviously delighted to sign, it’s a club that I have been at for a long time now and next year will make it my tenth year.

“It’s a very special club to me and I think everybody knows what it means to me being a part of this club and this group of lads as well.

“I’m delighted with it and I’m looking forward to cracking on and doing as well as we can this season.”

Love Huntington, but with us looking to bring in a centre half in January, and potentially another one to replace Davies if he leaves. With Bauer back for next season, where will this leave Huntington.

Hope he does get used, just can’t see how he’ll get game time next season if the other centre backs are fit unfortunately.

Love Huntington, but with us looking to bring in a centre half in January, and potentially another one to replace Davies if he leaves. With Bauer back for next season, where will this leave Huntington.

Hope he does get used, just can’t see how he’ll get game time next season if the other centre backs are fit unfortunately.
Better to have unused cover in Huntington than having no unused cover which leaves us in the shit!!

When do we ever have fully fit centre backs? There will definitely be a point when he's needed.

You need 4 centre backs in the squad and Hunts is still 3rd choice, obviously doesn't want to leave (building a house in Longton I think?) and has never kicked up a fuss when he's gone long periods without playing. It's a no-brainer extending this one.

When do we ever have fully fit centre backs? There will definitely be a point when he's needed.

You need 4 centre backs in the squad and Hunts is still 3rd choice, obviously doesn't want to leave (building a house in Longton I think?) and has never kicked up a fuss when he's gone long periods without playing. It's a no-brainer extending this one.
Think it’s good for us don’t get me wrong. Was just thinking more for Huntington if he wanted more game time as he’s getting to the end of his career, same with Tom Clarke going to get more game time as such.

Think it’s good for us don’t get me wrong. Was just thinking more for Huntington if he wanted more game time as he’s getting to the end of his career, same with Tom Clarke going to get more game time as such.
Clarke was done at this level really, injuries fucked him, whereas I think Huntington can probably come in and do a job for another couple of years.

Probably on a better wage than what he could get by dropping a level and as I say, he's building/ built a house here according to my mate.

I know a lot of players want to play every week later in their career but I imagine some just can't be assed with the upheaval/ change, especially when you've pretty much got club legend status.

Sensible to offer him a new deal as he's come in & proved he can still do a job albeit probably not every week.

Someone like Storey & even Davies should be able to learn stuff from him as well.

I have to say I'm a little surprised though that someone coming towards the end of his career who probably knows he won't be 1st choice chooses to sign rather than drop down a league or two to play more regularly.

He probably thinks with Bauer out for a long time he will get more of a chance I guess.