PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

I Daniel Blake

I've been intentionally avoiding this for a couple of years but tempted to finally watch tonight.

Ken Loach has another film out this year 'Sorry we missed you'. About a delivery driver. He keeps em coming-not bad for an octogenarian.

mickb;n3419088 said:
is it factual?

If anything slightly out of date now, things are much worse than when Ken Loach made the film.

I bet the Tory supporters on here don't watch it.

Saw this film with my son a couple of years ago, it made me cry. There is another BBC film about the young lad (true story) who was self employed delivering blood (I think) to various hospitals around London it was for some unscrupulous agency. He got parking tickets he couldn’t pay and finished up in debt. He was a very proud young man and finished up committing suicide. That was another sad tale.

Nobber;n3419106 said:
I bet the Tory supporters on here don't watch it.

Before the last election, I could almost forgive anyone for voting Tory - the effects of doing so were hidden to a large extent, the 8nformation wasn’t out there.

Anyone who voted for them in 2017 has to be considered complicit in what is happening to thousands of people but maybe could argue 5hey weren’t fully aware of the consequences.

Anyone who votes for them in the next election is as guilty of crimes against the poor as this despicable, hateful government - there is simply no excuse.

I don’t swear on here but insert your swear word of choice here.

I'll put the words in for you, WLD.

You Tory Wankers, you evil bastarding fucked up excuses for human beings.

wld;n3419132 said:
Before the last election, I could almost forgive anyone for voting Tory - the effects of doing so were hidden to a large extent, the 8nformation wasn’t out there.

Anyone who voted for them in 2017 has to be considered complicit in what is happening to thousands of people but maybe could argue 5hey weren’t fully aware of the consequences.

Anyone who votes for them in the next election is as guilty of crimes against the poor as this despicable, hateful government - there is simply no excuse.

Tories are predictable. It always ends up like this. They just take and give to the lucky minority.

Like great novels, years from now it will provide a clear document for what life is like in this country today. Simply brilliant.

wld;n3419132 said:

Not often I post on this board, but I agree with every word.

The film hit me hard, I must admit but it re-affirmed why I take the political stance I do take. Why the hell are these people treated like shite? (and that's an understatement). Tories revel in treating people like Daniel like scum yet love appeasing their high-flying, tax-avoiding mates.

It's fucking wrong, damn fucking wrong.

As for James Cleverly (Tory MP) - what a massive fucking clueless cunt he is.

Sorry for the language folks - feelings are running pretty high.

Last edited:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwL0sz7WkAAIv_a.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwODgk5XQAALBKc.jpg"}[/IMG2]

raefil;n3419195 said:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwODgk5XQAALBKc.jpg"}[/IMG2]

" minor social inconveniences " ? ..... ( shakes head )...

shabbagaz;n3419203 said:
It's a parody account - it's just taking the piss out of a "prominent" remainer.

Glad to here it, although I bet there's a few of em with similar " real " views...