PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

I Daniel Blake

Is this still on catch up? Want to give it a watch, but I may need to get a new t.v. Ordered as thre is a chance I could put my foot through mine. Some programmes make me feel ike that, lIke the one that Joan Mentioned earlier.

northender0602;n3420939 said:
Is this still on catch up? Want to give it a watch, but I may need to get a new t.v. Ordered as thre is a chance I could put my foot through mine. Some programmes make me feel ike that, lIke the one that Joan Mentioned earlier.

It is, until early February. I downloaded it last night to watch...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwvUpnYXQAExiw0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwvUpnTWsAUB6jy.jpg"}[/IMG2]

wld;n3419132 said:
Before the last election, I could almost forgive anyone for voting Tory - the effects of doing so were hidden to a large extent, the 8nformation wasn’t out there.

Anyone who voted for them in 2017 has to be considered complicit in what is happening to thousands of people but maybe could argue 5hey weren’t fully aware of the consequences.

Anyone who votes for them in the next election is as guilty of crimes against the poor as this despicable, hateful government - there is simply no excuse.

I don’t swear on here but insert your swear word of choice here.

Is twats okay?

raefil;n3422416 said:
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwvUpnYXQAExiw0.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/pbs.twimg.com\/media\/DwvUpnTWsAUB6jy.jpg"}[/IMG2]

If that's genuine then words fail me.... Fucking heartbreaking.

Still no comments from our resident Tories on here, anyone would think theyre ashamed of what they vote for.
[h=1]Dying single mother, 39, with motor neurone disease whose children have to dress her refused disability benefits[/h]
Lorraine Cox says a benefits assessor recorded that she could hold a pencil when she was unable to

The hardest thing Lorraine Cox has ever had to do was sit down and tell her children she doesn’t know how long she has left to live. It shook the worlds of her daughter Saorcha who is 10, and of her two sons, Ethan, 13, and Lewis, six. Since she was diagnosed with terminal motor neurone disease (MND) last year, all the 39-year-old wants to do is make the most of her precious time left with them. But the Northern Irish woman says this is being overshadowed by her fight for disability benefits and worries over money. The mother-of-three had her Personal Independent Payment claim rejected (Photo: Lorraine Cox) The single mother says she can’t feed, dress or wash herself. Yet an assessor who came to visit her over her Personal Independent Payment (PIP) claim recorded that she could hold a pencil when she was unable to, Lorraine claims.

“The report was full of complete inaccuracies,” she told i. “I’ve completely lost my ability to grip anything in my left hand and I couldn’t hold that pencil. “My children help me get washed and dressed and cook as I can’t chop food anymore. They cut up my food, lace my shoes, put on my jewelry and even help me out of the bath. “But the assessor said I only had mild mobility problems. My arm has wasted away and is now skin and bones. I can’t get up the stairs most days. “The benefits system is brutal and it’s disgusting what’s going on.”

Lorraine first suspected something was wrong with her two years ago when she was learning to play guitar. “I was finding it hard to press of the strings and this was really baffling me, I even went and bought a new guitar but this made no difference,” she said. “Then I thought I’d better get my hand checked out, but I thought it would just be carpal tunnel syndrome or a trapped nerve.” But after her symptoms worsened and following a battery of tests, doctors delivered the devastating news that they suspected she had MND, which was officially confirmed in August. MND is a progressive and terminal disease that attacks the motor neurones, or nerves, in the brain and spinal cord. Life expectancy is between two and five years from the onset. Effects include pain, muscle weakness, muscle cramps and spasms, stiff joints, speech and communication problems, swallowing difficulties and breathing problems. After a conversation with her neurologist in March, Lorraine decided to apply for PIP, a benefit that helps with the extra costs of a long-term health condition or disability. It is non-means tested and is not affected by earnings, other income or savings.

However, she was left shocked when she was informed that after being assessed, by Capita on behalf of the Department of Communities, she didn’t fit the criteria and would get nothing. “If you have a terminal condition you’re supposed to get PIP,” she said. “I was asked to walk in a straight line and I could then. But my illness is degenerative and is only going to get worse which they haven’t taken into account.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/...-neurone-disease-refused-disability-benefits/

This just goes on and on and on and all because the really needy are in desperate need of Tax breaks.

raefil;n3425217 said:
Still no comments from our resident Tories on here, anyone would think theyre ashamed of what they vote for.
[h=1]Dying single mother, 39, with motor neurone disease whose children have to dress her refused disability benefits[/h]
Lorraine Cox says a benefits assessor recorded that she could hold a pencil when she was unable to

https://inews.co.uk/news/real-life/...-neurone-disease-refused-disability-benefits/

This just goes on and on and on and all because the really needy are in desperate need of Tax breaks.

I just read that report, its awful.

Fifth richest nation in the world?

I am fucking fuming each time I read one of these reports!

Nobber;n3425241 said:
I just read that report, its awful.

Fifth richest nation in the world?

I am fucking fuming each time I read one of these reports!

It really is sickening - absolutely no justification for it whatsoever. The Nasty Party is outdoing itself. :(

Sepp Blatter;n3425250 said:
It really is sickening - absolutely no justification for it whatsoever. The Nasty Party is outdoing itself. :(

Yet, despite being told that the implementation of these policies, through returning a Conservative government, would lead to exactly these outcomes, the great British electorate still persist in voting for them.

PNEESSEX;n3425267 said:
Yet, despite being told that the implementation of these policies, through returning a Conservative government, would lead to exactly these outcomes, the great British electorate still persist in voting for them.

Bemuses me, to be honest - nowt stranger than folk, I guess.

Sepp Blatter;n3425270 said:
Bemuses me, to be honest - nowt stranger than folk, I guess.

Too many people simply don't give a shit because they haven't seen the impact of, or personally been impacted by, these policies. The Tory Party, and many of their supporters have moved a zillion miles away from One Nation Toryism where this sort of thing would not have been tolerated....the upside of the One Nation Paternalism was that there was real care and concern about society and all members of it.

PNEESSEX;n3425279 said:
Too many people simply don't give a shit because they haven't seen the impact of, or personally been impacted by, these policies. The Tory Party, and many of their supporters have moved a zillion miles away from One Nation Toryism where this sort of thing would not have been tolerated....the upside of the One Nation Paternalism was that there was real care and concern about society and all members of it.

It's simple greed!

PNEESSEX;n3425279 said:

Yup - the decline started with Thatcher and has gathered pace ever since. A lot of the Tory voters think that it will never affect them when it eventually will - working classes first, before squeezing the middle.

Sepp Blatter;n3425295 said:
Yup - the decline started with Thatcher and has gathered pace ever since. A lot of the Tory voters think that it will never affect them when it eventually will - working classes first, before squeezing the middle.

The middle are programmed to believe that Labour will tax them heavily. The £80k figure quote for slightly higher tax must really impact on them.