PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

I don't want to come over as not caring but...

norfolk white

Staff member
Patron
does anyone know when TH's funeral is?

Reason I am asking is that I hope that the 'family' are not just going to say to PR:
We trust you, you are in total control till after Trevor's funeral Get rid of Frankie, he has tried and he is a nice bloke but we are going backwards, bring in who you think is most suited and give them the job, You are in charge now for a couple of weeks, just do what you think is best.
If that was to be the case, I'd rather wait another couple of weeks and let 'the family' sort it out, firstly by getting rid of PR, then giving the manager's/Head Coaches job on on a permanent basis on to someone whilst they sort out a proven/up and coming person that will gel the players and fans and give us some belief back, someone we know will get the job done and move us forward, someone who we as fans can trust who will not be shackled in anyway, financial wise or whatever.

Reason I am asking is that I hope that the 'family' are not just going to say to PR:

If that was to be the case, I'd rather wait another couple of weeks and let 'the family' sort it out, firstly by getting rid of PR, then giving the manager's/Head Coaches job on on a permanent basis on to someone whilst they sort out a proven/up and coming person that will gel the players and fans and give us some belief back, someone we know will get the job done and move us forward, someone who we as fans can trust who will not be shackled in anyway, financial wise or whatever.
Ive hinted at this in several other posts, today.

completely agree, once the limbo is voer than its the time for CH to look at the club from top to bottom.

We don't even know who gets to be the next owner of TH's loss-making football club, never mind whether they want to continue spending lots of money on it the way he did, or even keep hold of it at all.

We have to wait for the executors to do their job, and then for the new owner to eventually give us a steer about where the hell we're going, before we can talk about "not being shackled in any way, financial wise or whatever".

We don't even know who gets to be the next owner of TH's loss-making football club, never mind whether they want to continue spending lots of money on it the way he did, or even keep hold of it at all.

We have to wait for the executors to do their job, and then for the new owner to eventually give us a steer about where the hell we're going, before we can talk about "not being shackled in any way, financial wise or whatever".
According to the PNE website, "100% of the shares of Preston North End Ltd are owned by Deepdale PNE Holdings Ltd. Deepdale PNE Holdings Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grovemoor Ltd, which, in turn, is a wholly owned subsiduary (sic) of Wordon Ltd. Both Grovemoor Ltd and Wordon Ltd are incorporated in the Isle of Man. Wordon Ltd is owned by Mr Trevor Hemmings". (PHEW!).

So I assume it depends who inherits the ownership of Wordon Ltd. Given the size and complex nature of the estate, it's surely going to take a while to sort out probate and as far as I recall, unless the law has changed, executors can't act until probate confirms their authority.

How that leaves us as regards sacking/hiring a coach, I have no idea!

According to the PNE website, "100% of the shares of Preston North End Ltd are owned by Deepdale PNE Holdings Ltd. Deepdale PNE Holdings Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grovemoor Ltd, which, in turn, is a wholly owned subsiduary (sic) of Wordon Ltd. Both Grovemoor Ltd and Wordon Ltd are incorporated in the Isle of Man. Wordon Ltd is owned by Mr Trevor Hemmings". (PHEW!).

So I assume it depends who inherits the ownership of Wordon Ltd. Given the size and complex nature of the estate, it's surely going to take a while to sort out probate and as far as I recall, unless the law has changed, executors can't act until probate confirms their authority.

Trevor Hemmings must have had in place a family member to act as overall controller of PNE affairs in case of emergency?

And, I imagine, a very specific, thought out and legally binding will to deal with all these things. He doesn't strike me as the type to not have planned for things.
He also put Riddler on the board as soon as he could. Though things like that can be undone also

And, I imagine, a very specific, thought out and legally binding will to deal with all these things. He doesn't strike me as the type to not have planned for things.
I seem to recall PR saying at a fans forum that a plan was in place in the event of TJH's demise but whether that was true and if so, how long it would take to enact such a plan, we can only speculate.

I suppose it depends whether TJH was the sole director, as well as sole shareholder of Wordon Ltd. If there are other directors, they can continue to manage the company's day to day affairs. As it is an IOM registered company, I'm not sure there's a way to check the directorship online.

I suppose we'll just have to wait. Understandably, the family will have more pressing concerns at this moment in time.

Last edited:
It's a good point OP. Craig and the family's heads are elsewhere right now and it's easy to just fixate on football for us but for them there is both the emotional difficulties of the funeral and then the massive undertaking of carving up one of the biggest estates in the UK.

Rumour I heard on the ground today was that the club is valued at £17m and for sale.

Even as someone who has been fairly glass half empty about the prospect of an amazing takeover, that seems a very reasonable price given our ground, current league position, lots of our of contract players at the end of the season and the riches that are available given promotion.

I suspect the succession planning for TH’s profitable businesses will take priority over PNE.

That is why if anyone knew when the funeral is as I just hope it hasn’t been left up to PR to run the club for now

PNE is a trifling part of the Hemmings portfolio, at least in financial terms. Wordon Ltd itself comprises something like 24 different companies, under the umbrella.

Succession planning will have been happening for years, if not decades. As sad as recent events have been (and not just today....), corporate governance dictates that all eventualities should be outlined.

The sad demise of TH will not have been unplanned for.

Wordon Ltd
|
Grovemoor Ltd
|
Deepdale PNE Holdings Limited
|
Preston North End Limited​