PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If not Neil then who?

Critchley switched things up for the Lashers at half time, he brought a more mobile, smaller centre half on as the Blackpool centre halves couldn't cope with Plymouth's front 2 in the first half. Pressed a bit further up the pitch and made a conscious effort to target Plymouth's left back, Adam Lewis who is on loan from Liverpool so I guess Critchley had knowledge of him. Lewis was at fault for the first goal within a minute of the re-start and then gave away a penalty.
Lowe was a little slow to react, but then eventually subbed the left midfielder who normally plays centre mid and brought an out and out winger on. He subbed Lewis who despite his defensive frailties gives Plymouth an attacking option down the left. Cross came in from the left for Plymouth's equaliser in added time.
Both teams played 4-4-2 and both managers showed they could switch things up. A draw was a fair result.

I think both will make very good managers in time, but I feel they both lack a little experience at present for managing in the Championship. It would be a gamble to take either and they may learn from their mistakes to the detriment of North End and cost us a relegation. That said if they got away with it, they could give us rewards in season 2/3.

After watching both games, I think if we were to take a league one manager, my gut would be to go with Robinson, although he wouldn't be top of my list.

The other thing I would say after watching both matches is none of the centre half's are as good as those we have, yet all teams played out from the back. All were guilty of giving away possession in dangerous areas which may have been punished in the Championship, but it shows if you work on it in training and are brave enough, the rewards are there as all 4 teams looked more dangerous going forward than North End did in the last 12 months under Neil.

Of ex North Enders, Maxwell appears to have matured and was fairly solid, but not as good as Rudd or Iveson. Danny Mayor was anonymous.

Good news, I don't think the Lashers have the quality to go up.

Only manager I'd take from league one is Appleton who has experience, the rest just aren't worth the gamble. Toss league.

Critchley switched things up for the Lashers at half time, he brought a more mobile, smaller centre half on as the Blackpool centre halves couldn't cope with Plymouth's front 2 in the first half. Pressed a bit further up the pitch and made a conscious effort to target Plymouth's left back, Adam Lewis who is on loan from Liverpool so I guess Critchley had knowledge of him. Lewis was at fault for the first goal within a minute of the re-start and then gave away a penalty.
Lowe was a little slow to react, but then eventually subbed the left midfielder who normally plays centre mid and brought an out and out winger on. He subbed Lewis who despite his defensive frailties gives Plymouth an attacking option down the left. Cross came in from the left for Plymouth's equaliser in added time.
Both teams played 4-4-2 and both managers showed they could switch things up. A draw was a fair result.

I think both will make very good managers in time, but I feel they both lack a little experience at present for managing in the Championship. It would be a gamble to take either and they may learn from their mistakes to the detriment of North End and cost us a relegation. That said if they got away with it, they could give us rewards in season 2/3.

After watching both games, I think if we were to take a league one manager, my gut would be to go with Robinson, although he wouldn't be top of my list.

The other thing I would say after watching both matches is none of the centre half's are as good as those we have, yet all teams played out from the back. All were guilty of giving away possession in dangerous areas which may have been punished in the Championship, but it shows if you work on it in training and are brave enough, the rewards are there as all 4 teams looked more dangerous going forward than North End did in the last 12 months under Neil.

Of ex North Enders, Maxwell appears to have matured and was fairly solid, but not as good as Rudd or Iveson. Danny Mayor was anonymous.

Good news, I don't think the Lashers have the quality to go up.
Plan B?!

4-4-2?!

Critchley's not the man for us🙄

Hopefully just a few people throwing a few quid away on someone random as it's a small market.

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole.