PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If Rudd gets injured

Brianjohn14

Cult Hero
If Rudd gets injured we will be stuffed I think we should work on Corcoran and bring him in ahead of Ripley, Crow and not sure about Hudson maybe he is ok I am not sure as he has not been given much game time what do you think .

Rudd is arguably our most important player now given the complete and utter lack of viable back-up options for him.

Ripley just has not worked and doesn't seem up-to it. He didn't get close to permanently dislodging Rudd as No 1, even when Rudd was having a pretty dodgy patch of form.

Crowe is ..... well he is just Crowe. Let him make the brews or something, just do not put him in goal for heavens sake.

Hudson doesn't really seem to have kicked on in recent seasons - could be an argument he could / should have staked a claim to at least be a No 2 by now?

Given the above, I honestly don't see how sticking Corcoran in if something happen to Rudd would be any worse than any other options we have. I believe he is rated highly in the youth setup and can he really do any worse than Ripley or Crowe?

As you say, if Rudd gets injured we're fecked. Hudson showed so much promise as well. Remember when he played against Leeds was it, we all thought we had a keeper for the future. Then he went on loan, never broke through and seemingly downhill ever since. Corcoran isn't even at that level yet according to the posters who watch the youth team.

It's a bit crap the emergency loan for goalkeepers can't be triggered anymore. Otherwise a cheeky loan for lonergan would have been ideal if all three came down with the same bug.

We have to trust in one of them though. At the end of the day that's how we discovered some of our keepers in the past. Lonergan Vs Watford, etc

Ripley just has not worked and doesn't seem up-to it. He didn't get close to permanently dislodging Rudd as No 1, even when Rudd was having a pretty dodgy patch of form.

Ripley was just one of those baffling signings that nobody can work out why. Middlesborough must have been absolutely delighted to get 300k for him.

It's a bit crap the emergency loan for goalkeepers can't be triggered anymore. Otherwise a cheeky loan for lonergan would have been ideal if all three came down with the same bug.
Simon Farnworth is a free agent. We can still sign him if needed. :ROFLMAO:

Ripley is lacking match practice. I won't be judging him until he gets a decent run in the team. He was well thought of at Accy. I know it's in the remit of some on here to kick someone when they are down, but that's not in mine. Just saying.

You can imagine how forgiving this forum would be if Corcoran was brought in and had a bad game. Could probably destroy his career/confidence before it's even started. Not sure it's a wise decision given the current levels of animosity from the fans to bad performances and the club in general lately

Ripley was just one of those baffling signings that nobody can work out why. Middlesborough must have been absolutely delighted to get 300k for him.
If you look at it from the owner's POV, it's a bargain £300k spent on our next Number 1 when Rudd leaves in the summer.

I still kinda think if he hadn't got injured and piled loads of weight on when he signed it could have been a different story. Well thought of at both Oldham and Accy.

Confidence is a massive thing for some players particularly goalkeepers and his looks shot. Unfortunately that means he isn't a massive lot of use to us.

I still kinda think if he hadn't got injured and piled loads of weight on when he signed it could have been a different story. Well thought of at both Oldham and Accy.

Confidence is a massive thing for some players particularly goalkeepers and his looks shot. Unfortunately that means he isn't a massive lot of use to us.
He looked chirpy enough during the warm-ups on Saturday. Laughing and smiling away.

Although that's a million miles away from getting a successful 90 minutes under his belt.

If Rudd gets injured we will be stuffed I think we should work on Corcoran and bring him in ahead of Ripley, Crow and not sure about Hudson maybe he is ok I am not sure as he has not been given much game time what do you think .

Said exactly this on the Maxwell leaving thread.

Obviously we don't know what happened but ridiculous decision by whoever, presumably AN to leave us with just 1 keeper who is up to the job.