PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If that’s the best we can offer for the FA cup?

I think it was 2004 - I was there that night..

We took 7,000 fans.....
I missed both of those. Me, my brother and sister all used to go and we could only get two tickets for the cup game and I lost the toss unluckily!

I did make the cut for the glorious 3-0 at the dingles a few weeks later however which more than made up for it!

Great days, I won't forget them in a hurry.

Not relevant. For half that time there was and we stayed there. Our owner is as rich as anybody so no financial reason why we can't compete.
It's not relelevant that nearly half of the time period you quote as being successful due to being in the the top two leagues, there were no other leagues? We've a proud history but lets not pretend we were always at the top table - for a quarter of a century of that time we were either in the bottom division or one above a lower regional league.

And it's not relevant that of the remaining part of that time period you pick out, it only took 9 years from the abolishion of the maximum wage to us playing in the third tier (and only 4 months from its abolition to our last ever top flight game? Aye, ok then.

The owner may well be extremely wealthy, but he isn't the club and the club certainly isn't wealthy; it never really been.

No.
Its about how committed he is to the club which is about 20%

An accurate figure using the equation of comparing the total wealth of the owner by the ratio of the stupidity of every 73rd fan to create a fanorythym which is then applied to the club turnover against the number of butter pies sold at the ground in March to give an exact owner commitment figure.

An accurate figure using the equation of comparing the total wealth of the owner by the ratio of the stupidity of every 73rd fan to create a fanorythym which is then applied to the club turnover against the number of butter pies sold at the ground in March to give an exact owner commitment figure.
Look at me Mr Hemmings i didn't see you because of the shit on the top of my glasses !!!

But it seems there was another 2-0 defeat in the league cup a few years later which I confess I had no idea had taken place.
It was one of Healy's last games if I remember rightly. I seem to recall going nuts at him as he was strolling around disinterested.

Drove over from York but the traffic was awful and I was in the vicinity of Goodison with about 5 until kick off. Didn't know they had delayed the kick off. Found a car park about a mile away on a school and legged it towards the floodlights. It was only as the full time whistle blew it dawned on me I had no idea how to get back to the car. When I eventually found it about an hour and a half later I had to plead with the caretaker to unlock the gates that he had just locked up. Not a great night.

It was one of Healy's last games if I remember rightly. I seem to recall going nuts at him as he was strolling around disinterested.

Drove over from York but the traffic was awful and I was in the vicinity of Goodison with about 5 until kick off. Didn't know they had delayed the kick off. Found a car park about a mile away on a school and legged it towards the floodlights. It was only as the full time whistle blew it dawned on me I had no idea how to get back to the car. When I eventually found it about an hour and a half later I had to plead with the caretaker to unlock the gates that he had just locked up. Not a great night.

I remember the traffic that night was awful. I think we ended up parking nearer Anfield than Goodison. Maybe there'd been an accident or possibly it was simply volume of traffic but I'd forgotten they delayed the kick off.

Whats the difference bwtween PNE and a tea bag?
The tea bags in the cup longer....

Made me smile that one..

15 minutes gone Marine 0 Spurs 0. (Spurs 9 full internationals!).
What the hell are you on about. Jesus Christ you are obsessed give it a rest it’s pathetic. We aren’t Spurs. Spurs made 9 changes so didn’t play their first team. They have a decent squad so their squad is full of internationals.

Similar to Larry Gayson. Who asked us to come to Newcastle, then let’s us down.

I'm beginning to think Gayson was better than Neil, and 4 times cheaper to employ.

Grayson’s league positions - 11th and 11th

AN’s league positions - 7th, 14th, 9th despite losing key players in Robinson, hugil and Cunningham.

Grayson’s league positions - 11th and 11th

AN’s league positions - 7th, 14th, 9th despite losing key players in Robinson, hugil and Cunningham.
Graysons were on the back of League 1, Neils were on the back of solid mid table finishes with an established championship side.

Thanks for the memories Alex Neill. Wycombe draw Spurs at home....what might have been .... but tinkering around a team selection and tactics not befitting of any common sense and we can have a weekend off. I hope he enjoys it.....