If that’s the best we can offer for the FA cup?

bigtallsi

Advisor to the Owner
1976 Man Utd v Soton.... Bobby Stokes scored the winner in the 83rd minute.

I guess the key for how much I care about the FA Cup nowadays is that I used to be able to name every cup finalists and the score between 1960 and 1995..... now I can just about remember who was in last years final.
I'm exactly the same until about 1992 probably, massive irony that Micael Thomas scored for Liverpool!!

1976 Booby Stokes flick on on Peter Osgood
I'll raise you 1977. Man Utd 2 Liverpool 1. Scousers flew to Rome soon after and won their first European Cup

1978.........no peeking. Bit like 1976, don't think he's still with us either

jcfartpants

Chief Anal Acoustician
1976 Man Utd v Soton.... Bobby Stokes scored the winner in the 83rd minute.

I guess the key for how much I care about the FA Cup nowadays is that I used to be able to name every cup finalists and the score between 1960 and 1995..... now I can just about remember who was in last years final.
Isn't that the same as just getting old Ando? For example, I can name most pop/rock/indie tunes between 1980 and 1998 but after that I ain't got a clue.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
I'm exactly the same until about 1992 probably, massive irony that Micael Thomas scored for Liverpool!!

1976 Booby Stokes flick on on Peter Osgood
I'll raise you 1977. Man Utd 2 Liverpool 1. Scousers flew to Rome soon after and won their first European Cup

1978.........no peeking. Bit like 1976, don't think he's still with us either
1978 was Arsenal 0 Ipswich 1 Roger Osbourne
1979 was Arsenal 3 Man Utd 2 Utd equalised in the 88th minute and then Alan Sunderland went up the other end to Nick the winner
1980 was Arsenal 0 West Ham 1 Brooking with a header about 6 inches off the floor..

and so on.......

bigtallsi

Advisor to the Owner
1978 was Arsenal 0 Ipswich 1 Roger Osbourne
1979 was Arsenal 3 Man Utd 2 Utd equalised in the 88th minute and then Alan Sunderland went up the other end to Nick the winner
1980 was Arsenal 0 West Ham 1 Brooking with a header about 6 inches off the floor..

and so on.......
Brooking header off a Stewarf Pearson shot that was going out for a throw in from memory!!

Here's one to test your FA Cup knowledge and it's over a Century ago but who are the only Yorkshire club to win the FA Cup in Yorkshire

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Brooking header off a Stewarf Pearson shot that was going out for a throw in from memory!!

Here's one to test your FA Cup knowledge and it's over a Century ago but who are the only Yorkshire club to win the FA Cup in Yorkshire
Without me looking it up ( I don’t want to do that ) I am struggling .....

I would guess at Huddersfield or Barnsley......