PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

If that’s the best we can offer for the FA cup?

Probably the money of staying in the Championship. We are not sure to be safe yet. Hence the Championship revenues take priority to keep us financially viable , i imagine
When people ask "what is the point?" of running the club the TH/PR/AN way - midtable forever and no cup runs - this is the answer.

It's about securing the extra £5m Championship solidarity money each season.

That's our whole sporting agenda.

And if you think that sounds boring or pointless or empty, you'd be right.

The football cliche lives on the bin men, teacher, 20 year old goalkeeper and shelf stacker 0 Football Royalty 3, enjoying the match far more than the clueless shower of shite yesterday.
I'm textbook cliche me. First final I vaguely remember was 1976. Up in front of the telly from about 8am until the final whistle then straight out into the garden to recreate the winner.

Thankfully by 1987 I was revising for my A Levels and grown out of this routine. I think attempting a Keith Houchen would have left me stuck head first in the Privet

When people ask "what is the point?" of running the club the TH/PR/AN way - midtable forever and no cup runs - this is the answer.

It's about securing the extra £5m Championship solidarity money each season.

That's our whole sporting agenda.

And if you think that sounds boring or pointless or empty, you'd be right.
This 100%

I think it was 2004 - I was there that night..

We took 7,000 fans.....
You are correct Ando, I went with mates after work, they were locking the turnstiles as we approached. We paid to go in the huge stand opposite our own fans, we were on the top tier (no bother) the atmosphere was fantastic. We lost the game but left feeling proud we had battled well!. Unfortunately, the cups are more of a hindrance these days which is a shame 😕

He is still the club. The resources to make us a success are there. All he has to do is release them. We have never been in this position before.
I completely agree in that respect, but he has obviously made a decision that he is only prepared to spend enough money to keep us at championship level. His argument is, that by absolutely bank rolling us to the premiership would leave us exposed when he is no longer here to do it, the club must stand on its own two feet. The alternative thought is, the cost to get us there would be peanuts to him, you can't take it with you and as Burnley have shown, with the riches available, well managed, stability can be achieved.
Don't get me wrong I don't have any thoughts that we have a divine right to this happening, or even that i would enjoy us in the premiership getting tonked EVERY week ! But at the end of the day, like other clubs before us, we have an owner with the wherewithal to get us there and he is not prepared to do it !! Seriously some of us have been waiting nearly 60 years and its a bloody frustrating set of circumstances to say the least !!

I completely agree in that respect, but he has obviously made a decision that he is only prepared to spend enough money to keep us at championship level. His argument is, that by absolutely bank rolling us to the premiership would leave us exposed when he is no longer here to do it, the club must stand on its own two feet. The alternative thought is, the cost to get us there would be peanuts to him, you can't take it with you and as Burnley have shown, with the riches available, well managed, stability can be achieved.
Don't get me wrong I don't have any thoughts that we have a divine right to this happening, or even that i would enjoy us in the premiership getting tonked EVERY week ! But at the end of the day, like other clubs before us, we have an owner with the wherewithal to get us there and he is not prepared to do it !! Seriously some of us have been waiting nearly 60 years and its a bloody frustrating set of circumstances to say the least !!

But it doesn't stand on its own two feet.

Hemmings has to put £5/£6m a year in (yes, PR, I know, it's a lot more this year) just to keep our head above water. So if, as you suggest, the funding stops when he's no longer around, then we're headed for League 1 or 2 in the next few years.

Hemmings has to put £5/£6m a year in (yes, PR, I know, it's a lot more this year) just to keep our head above water. So if, as you suggest, the funding stops when he's no longer around, then we're headed for League 1 or 2 in the next few years.
At no point did I say his running of the club made any sense !!!!!!

On the plan for what happens to PNE when TH is no longer around, PR has confirmed: "I have no idea what's going to happen to the club in the future".

What the hell are you on about. Jesus Christ you are obsessed give it a rest it’s pathetic. We aren’t Spurs. Spurs made 9 changes so didn’t play their first team. They have a decent squad so their squad is full of internationals.
Missed the point completely, after 10 minutes we were 2-0 down against Wycombe, the part timers Chorley were 0-0 against a Spurs a team with 9 full internationals included. Try and curb your emotions and think.

I'm textbook cliche me. First final I vaguely remember was 1976. Up in front of the telly from about 8am until the final whistle then straight out into the garden to recreate the winner.

Thankfully by 1987 I was revising for my A Levels and grown out of this routine. I think attempting a Keith Houchen would have left me stuck head first in the Privet
1976 Man Utd v Soton.... Bobby Stokes scored the winner in the 83rd minute.

I guess the key for how much I care about the FA Cup nowadays is that I used to be able to name every cup finalists and the score between 1960 and 1995..... now I can just about remember who was in last years final.

You are correct Ando, I went with mates after work, they were locking the turnstiles as we approached. We paid to go in the huge stand opposite our own fans, we were on the top tier (no bother) the atmosphere was fantastic. We lost the game but left feeling proud we had battled well!. Unfortunately, the cups are more of a hindrance these days which is a shame 😕
We gave them a run for their money in the FA Cup in 2000. Two late goals from Unsworth (good free kick) and Max Moore did for us.

Missed the point completely, after 10 minutes we were 2-0 down against Wycombe, the part timers Chorley were 0-0 against a Spurs a team with 9 full internationals included. Try and curb your emotions and think.
Spurs won 5-0 what’s your point.

Well done to Marine to make it that far.

I think I would have liked to make it to the next round but we didn’t so I’m not going to cry about it three days later. If you want to that’s up to you it won’t get you anywhere.