Ifollow delete account

accywhite

Reserve
I wondered if anyone can advise me please, ive emailed ifollow twice now but have had no reply, i want my account deleting as im not comfortable with my card delails being on the net, theres a option to Add a new payment method, and greyed out is the option to Remove, whats the point of the Remove button if it cant be used, any advice would be welcome please thank you :unsure:

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron
Your details are safe.

How do you cope with buying tickets at Deepdale? Even a techiephobe like myself can successfully navigate and perform the art of online buying from Deepdale (and other places). Never ever had an issue anywhere.

Relax.

Just don't use your iFollow.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Your details are safe.
Well - that's what iFollow will claim at least - but I can understand the OP's caution in this regard.

I wondered if anyone can advise me please, ive emailed ifollow twice now but have had no reply, i want my account deleting as im not comfortable with my card delails being on the net, theres a option to Add a new payment method, and greyed out is the option to Remove, whats the point of the Remove button if it cant be used, any advice would be welcome please thank you :unsure:
You should be able to insist that they completely delete your account under GDPR regulations (I recommend quoting GDPR when you write to them) - unfortunately, emailing iFollow can be a very slow and tedious process, but they do eventually respond.

The fact they always insist that you have payment details on file is, of course, a feature not a bug.

One trick is to enter payment details for a card that is about to expire, then never update it - but obviously that won't work for everyone.

OP
accywhite

accywhite

Reserve
Ah right th
Your details are safe.

How do you cope with buying tickets at Deepdale? Even a techiephobe like myself can successfully navigate and perform the art of online buying from Deepdale (and other places). Never ever had an issue anywhere.

Relax.

Just don't use your iFollow.
ah thank you Jack, i will follow your advice and thank you, but not being a internet user buying stuff, i think your advice is sound, but id still feel easier if i could be deleted, i appreciate your advice Jack thank you (y) (y)

Tino

Forum Patron
Patron
You should be able to insist that they completely delete your account under GDPR regulations (I recommend quoting GDPR when you write to them) - unfortunately, emailing iFollow can be a very slow and tedious process, but they do eventually respond.

The fact they always insist that you have payment details on file is, of course, a feature not a bug.

I emailed them about the Stoke code which wasn't working (this was before it was known to be a general issue) and they replied to me the following Saturday referring me to the FAQs.

What's the reason for asking for a card do you think? Is it part of the check for what country you're in?

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
I emailed them about the Stoke code which wasn't working (this was before it was known to be a general issue) and they replied to me the following Saturday referring me to the FAQs.

What's the reason for asking for a card do you think? Is it part of the check for what country you're in?
I think they like to keep a payment method on file so they can silently extract monthly/annual subs from you if you've neglected to cancel them.

It's nothing to do with country of origin - overseas iFollow packages can be bought with UK cards or Paypal.

OP
accywhite

accywhite

Reserve

??? not sure i understand the question, im just not comfortable with my bank details being on the internet, i had a reply this morning but nothing relating to deleting my account :unsure:

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
I think they like to keep a payment method on file so they can silently extract monthly/annual subs from you if you've neglected to cancel them.

It's nothing to do with country of origin - overseas iFollow packages can be bought with UK cards or Paypal.
When I signed up over here I had to have a card that was registered to an address in Australia. Never bothered (and never will) with Paypal so I have no reference on that.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
When I signed up over here I had to have a card that was registered to an address in Australia. Never bothered (and never will) with Paypal so I have no reference on that.
Interesting - the very first time I bought an overseas package (which was a few years ago, when they first launched) I used an overseas address and card, because the word at the time was, it was a requirement.

But since then I've used a UK address and card (not Paypal), and haven't had any problem.

Muzza

Advisor to the Owner
Interesting - the very first time I bought an overseas package (which was a few years ago, when they first launched) I used an overseas address and card, because the word at the time was, it was a requirement.

But since then I've used a UK address and card (not Paypal), and haven't had any problem.
Ah well, as long as it works, cool. (y)