PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Ifollow issues anyone?

I managed to get it about 10 minutes in. Then it started freezing or sound disappearing after about 55 minutes. The picture quality was in and out, mainly out.
That will be your internet connection then cos mine worked perfectly throughout the game after the first 10 minutes or so.

I was able to got on nearly 10 minutes into the game. I tried laptop to tv via HDMI but it was virtually unwatchable. Watching on laptop was fine though. I was 2-3 minutes behind - is that usual?

I was able to got on nearly 10 minutes into the game. I tried laptop to tv via HDMI but it was virtually unwatchable. Watching on laptop was fine though. I was 2-3 minutes behind - is that usual?
I measured the time gap against BET365 and their live match graphics (up to the second, even ahead of SKY by around 8 seconds) and iFollow was around 50 seconds or so behind BET365.

Almost "live".

That’s bullshit about “all clubs were affected”, I was at my mates and his IPTV was showing all games bar ours and the Wednesday game from kick off.

That’s bullshit about “all clubs were affected”, I was at my mates and his IPTV was showing all games bar ours and the Wednesday game from kick off.

Some of our fans had no problems and I know Blackburn fans who had problems getting on as well so it would just depend on where they got their IPTV links from.

This Saturday there are only 4 3pm kick offs 1 of which is on Sky. I did think they would stagger the kick off times more to perhaps help with fans from multiple clubs trying to log on at the same time.

I would assume it was more an issue with so many people logging on at once the server couldn't handle it and crashed, rather than an issue with the streams itself which as you said was fully available on other services.

I am please North End have taken this up with the league because a server overload really is inexcusable when they had 3 months to prepare for it.

The forum had the highest traffic rate for a fair while on Saturday which was predictable, something I was prepared and paid for. Sadly the EFL didn't have the same plan.

This Saturday there are only 4 3pm kick offs 1 of which is on Sky. I did think they would stagger the kick off times more to perhaps help with fans from multiple clubs trying to log on at the same time.

Sky have pretty much dictated all the kick off times.

Some of our fans had no problems and I know Blackburn fans who had problems getting on as well so it would just depend on where they got their IPTV links from.

I watched the whole match on IPTV. I wish I hadn’t, but it ran from start to finish. Unlike North End. !!

Sky have pretty much dictated all the kick off times.

How does that explain 3 kicking off at 12:30 this weekend - only ours on tv, and 2 at 1pm (none on tv) and 4 at 3pm (only 1 on tv).

Surprisingly (or not, based on Saturday's service), only 11 clubs in the Championship use iFollow.

I am presuming that iFollow is an Apple based product, yeah?

This is from the initial press release from the EFL about it launching...

US-based company NeuLion, a market leader in online video delivery, whose clients include the NFL, NBA and the Premier League, have developed the integrated streaming service alongside UK company Realise who have built the club websites.

Are any season ticket holders who have Sky going to watch it on iFollow instead of Sky this weekend??

Thought not...
SKY @Tino.

As much as my 24" HD PC Monitor provided a very clear picture v Luton, from the 13th minute onwards, I am going to opt for the leather sofa, SKY and my 50" HD Smart TV for the next 2 games.

This is from the initial press release from the EFL about it launching...

US-based company NeuLion, a market leader in online video delivery, whose clients include the NFL, NBA and the Premier League, have developed the integrated streaming service alongside UK company Realise who have built the club websites.
If not affiliated to Apple, how do they get to use "i" before the product?