PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Im sorry but an apology isnt good enough.

raefil

Dolly Patron
Patron
This, on the face of it, is a hate crime, no ifs or buts this man should be before the courts.

A taxi driver who launched a foul mouthed tirade, making rape threats against Muslims who convert to Christianity, has been released under investigation.

Zaheer Hussain, 41, was arrested on suspicion of religiously aggravated harassment after a video emerged on social media in which he made the comments.

Hussain is a Hackney cab driver licensed by the council, a spokesman confirmed.

Preston City Council’s licensing department is also investigating the matter and may take action against Hussain such as stripping him of his licence.

The city council is responsible for licensing all black cabs in the city.

Since the video emerged, Hussain has recorded an apology, asking for forgiveness for any offence he has caused.

He said: “I realise now that my views can be very offensive not only to Christians but also to members of my own community.”

The video was filmed in Preston, with the car driving along the side of Moor Park.

Following his arrest a spokesman for Lancashire Police said: “We are committed to tackling all crime motivated by hate and prejudice and we would urge anyone who has been a victim of a hate crime to have the confidence to come forward and report it to police. ”

Anyone who feels they have been a victim of a hate crime can report it on 101.

https://www.blogpreston.co.uk/2018/1...n-taxi-driver/

Liberation;n3413350 said:
You know my feelings on hate crime and how they make matters worse ..... This is a " c***s " crime...A feckin knobsack that needs punishing accordingly... It doesn't need a special category.

Yeah , but if that was the other way........well, you get my drift.

pnematic;n3413357 said:
Yeah , but if that was the other way........well, you get my drift.

I do indeed.......... But the sugarplum fairies won't.....They aren't too keen on even playing fields either..... :)

Last edited:
The guy should be arrested for making rape threats etc , if that's what he's done.

Not sure I subscribe to the view that it should be dealt with more harshly just because it was against a Christian or an Islamic person. Each case should simply be judged on its merits.

Was the guy being serious or was he taking the piss thinking he was being funny, and it’s all gone wrong? I’ve seen the video and if he has done it for a laugh, he’s not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

northender0602;n3413377 said:
Was the guy being serious or was he taking the piss thinking he was being funny, and it’s all gone wrong? I’ve seen the video and if he has done it for a laugh, he’s not exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I was reading the comments when the LEP reported it on Facebook. Someone (white lad) claiming to know him from having worked with him in the past said that he was always saying stuff like this and is a real wind up merchant. He said it would have definitely been something he was doing for a laugh. I've no idea either way to be honest, but it just goes to show what can happen if you have a joke between your friends and the text or video get outside the intended recipients and someone sees it out of contect.

Libertine;n3413402 said:
I was reading the comments when the LEP reported it on Facebook. Someone (white lad) claiming to know him from having worked with him in the past said that he was always saying stuff like this and is a real wind up merchant. He said it would have definitely been something he was doing for a laugh. I've no idea either way to be honest, but it just goes to show what can happen if you have a joke between your friends and the text or video get outside the intended recipients and someone sees it out of contect.

Hardly a joke nor funny threatening rape.

I must have no sense of humour I guess...

Libertine;n3413419 said:
You said it bud.

The name "Libertine" says it all really, Jacks right it's not funny in the least, and anyone talking in this manner is quite obviously a total buffoon and he needs a good rest, where his foulmouthed abuse cannot be heard for a while. Even in the workplace it's just not acceptable, call me old fashioned if you like.

Libertine;n3413419 said:
You said it bud.

Oh dear...

I suspect that you might have a different attitude if a female member of your family was ever raped ??

Ando60;n3413448 said:
Oh dear...

I suspect that you might have a different attitude if a female member of your family was ever raped ??

To be fair Ando, ithink h was agreeing with the whole post and not just the last sentence. The guy in the video, serious or not is obviously not the sharpest tool in the box. The thing that pisses me off is that if it was me making similar comments I'd be arrested charged and be up in court first thing the following day.

Libertine;n3413402 said:

Modern life, I'm afraid. In the old days, if it is a joke, then this sort of thing would have raised nothing but a bit of a rebuke at worst... more likely just raised eyebrows. And it's not the sort of thing that should lead to a criminal record.

And if it is a joke (and I've not seen the video) I'm sure we've all known people who make stupidly distasteful jokes. In my experience people who do it aren't generally complete jerks. Very often, they are perfectly sociable people - often gregarious and will generally be very inclusive of everyone they meet. But it's like there's a filter missing in their brains. Maybe it's even not really their faults... some people are born with an inability to see what is not socially acceptable.

I've seen similar types take the piss out of Christianity but also take the piss out of there own religion Islam .Don 't think he means anything by it , it's just a coarse sense of humour that a lot of sections of society have.
Highlighting his comments just inflames racial tension, when he probably didn't really mean anything buy it in the first place.
Hope he doesn't lose his license over it.

Its all gone quiet on this story......... is it all a bit of a non-story, or are the police pursuing it ??

In light of what happened at Manchester Victoria last night , they have got to be vigilant about people coming out with such vitriol...

Has the guy been done for Assault? Sure I’ve just seen something but it’s gone and I can’t find it.

https://www.shropshirestar.com/news/2008/07/24/jury-told-accused-victim-of-vendetta/

think it’s this, but the age would fit ? But how many Zaheer Hussain are there? Pity there is not a picture with it. If I find the original thing I saw I’ll have a look, if it is the same, how the hell would he get a licence, he would have to be DBS cleared.?

Last edited: