Inept Defence

Tanny

First Team
I have posted on other threads about our defending tonight but here is a quote from our manager on tonights performance

BBC Sport Paul Simpson - Our defending for the two goals was disgusting. I wouldn't expect to see that at centre of excellence games. It was pathetic. We invited them on. We couldn't defend.

This is close to the bone as it comes from Simmo and I hope that players read this and understand how much it has got to the fans and manager. Our defence tonight (Chilvers apart) was shocking and as the thread title states 'inept'. If this continues then we be an embarassment and we will blow our chances completely :mad:

pobeda

First Team
Simpson SHOULD take the blame himself. If he keep playing players out of possition and invite other teams right to the edge of our box, he is to expect mistakes at some point!! I was not feeling confident at all at half time and I`m sure I wasn`t the only one. We could all see what was coming, so what does Simpson do? Oh yeah, change a defensive midfielder for a sriker! Where was the logic in that?

OP
Tanny

Tanny

First Team
Simpson SHOULD take the blame himself. If he keep playing players out of possition and invite other teams right to the edge of our box, he is to expect mistakes at some point!! I was not feeling confident at all at half time and I`m sure I wasn`t the only one. We could all see what was coming, so what does Simpson do? Oh yeah, change a defensive midfielder for a sriker! Where was the logic in that?

Spot on cha, its tactical nonsense by Simmo but why? Away from home its unbelievable? :confused: