PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Injuries?

Storey at RWB.
Whatmough in for Storey RCB.
Jordan has at least a defensive bone and experience in his body and surprisingly, has made one or two decent attacking runs down the right this season.

The only realistic option if it is only short term with Potts out.

Makes sense to me and it minimilises the situation.

Tin Hat on ready for some pelters!!

Yep, and with some decent crosses on the end of those runs.

There have been worse recommendations made by others 😉

monty python what GIF

Just been past Euxton this morning - saw this exchange between Sir Bradley of Potts and Lowe…

Storey at RWB.

Jordan has at least a defensive bone and experience in his body and surprisingly, has made one or two decent attacking runs down the right this season.

No chance, he’s less suited to that role than Bambo was and we all know how that went.

Brady or Seary in there for me. As others have pointed out, one game, at home, under lights is as good an opportunity you’ll get as a young player.

Storey at RWB.

Strong runs yes but he's sooo uncomfortable with the ball at his feet.

RL said the back ups for RWB are Browne and McCann so with the formers injury probably will be the latter with Ledson in the middle with Whiteman. If that’s the case I’d prefer McCann to slot into a more defensive RWB/right back role with the back 3 shuffling across and Hughes playing more like a left back. This should enable Millar to stay higher and Riis maybe going more into the right channel

Storey at RWB.

I was just thinking the same

I would go,

Woodman
Storey Lindsay Hughes
Brady Whiteman McCann Millar
Mads
Keane Riis

If Millar can cut in then so can Brady….not ideal but RWB is the headache.

Storey at RWB.

Not the daftest suggestion as far as I'm concerned, if not Storey I'd go with Seary. Lowe won't though, prepare for McCann or Browne, if fit, to be the proverbial square peg.

Not the daftest suggestion as far as I'm concerned, if not Storey I'd go with Seary. Lowe won't though, prepare for McCann or Browne, if fit, to be the proverbial square peg.
I’ve never seen Seary play so it’s very difficult to make a judgement.
Please don’t think I’m making my mind up on the strength of today’s training session but there was one occasion him and Osmajic went for a ball and Seary just bounced off him.
It would be a travesty if he was thrown in and wasn’t ready.

I don’t think it’s as cut and dried as that.

If we needed to score, is Brady/Millar definitely weaker than Millar/McCann? McCann would offer nothing offensively.

I know Millar didn’t play well at RWB when he was briefly tried, but in theory he must have potential. At LWB he always has to cut inside, but at RWB he could go outside his man and cross deeper from the byline. That’s a potential advantage if he can develop that skill.

Either way, hopefully it won’t come to that situation but I wouldn’t just rule it out.
I think there's definitely a chance Millar may be used down the right, I just think it'll make us ineffective down both wings if he does.

Not sure if Riis or Keane would necessarily benefit from crosses from the byline, plus there's no Browne to make late runs into the box.

Basically the club are complete nob heads for not signing a RWB in January.