Is anyone else not missing the footy?

Are you missing the footy?

• Total voters

jamesOB

Advisor to the Owner
When will we see football fans back inside Stadia?

If there is no cure, they cannot lock us out forever, can they?
It’s cases that’ll dictate, not a vaccine or a cure. If infection levels drop then they’ll slowly introduce crowds bit by bit (if a vaccine isn’t sourced soon)

SoccerHQ

Manager
There were no new cases in London reported yesterday which is incredible given the transport use down there. Gives hope although I still think it will be many months before fans are let back in and next season will start BCD.

simo

Manager
It’s cases that’ll dictate, not a vaccine or a cure. If infection levels drop then they’ll slowly introduce crowds bit by bit (if a vaccine isn’t sourced soon)
Its not so much a "cure" that is needed but also an understanding of what level of infection is out there and how virulent it ultimately becomes.

If everyone who gets it is immune from then on then eventually it stands to reason that the level of infection we have at present will fall. If this immunity isn't maintained and/or the virus changes etc. then its difficult to see a way out without a vaccine, which isn't guaranteed anyway. In that case we'll need to learn to live with it and how best to minimise the consequences. God know where major sporting events fit into this but logic suggests that some difficult decisions are going to have to be made.

pne1881

Manager
Until there is a vaccine a lot of people will be quite rightly nervous to return to a "crowded" situation.

That coupled with peoples finances will undoubtedly have an impact on ST sales across the whole game.

All if's, but's & maybe's but it certainly makes me think twice.

simo

Manager
Until there is a vaccine a lot of people will be quite rightly nervous to return to a "crowded" situation.

That coupled with peoples finances will undoubtedly have an impact on ST sales across the whole game.

All if's, but's & maybe's but it certainly makes me think twice.
Bloody right. The latest decision to make is whether we should send junior Simo back to nursery. No doubt the first of many such decisions to be made in the coming months and years.

pne1881

Manager
Bloody right. The latest decision to make is whether we should send junior Simo back to nursery. No doubt the first of many such decisions to be made in the coming months and years.
I’m classed as a key worker & have worked all the way through the crisis so should be hardened to it (if that’s the right word) but the thought of crowds of even a couple of hundred never mind a few thousand with no vaccine in sight makes me nervous.

Appreciate all the statistics, the number of deaths coming down & the R number and all that kind of stuff but it still doesn’t sit well with me somehow.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
Walked passed Springies today...all marked out and looking lush ready for the return on Monday....would have loved a game of social distancing cuppies.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
Walked passed Springies today...all marked out and looking lush ready for the return on Monday....would have loved a game of social distancing cuppies.
I used to love cuppies.... you must be from my era Yoowell - 1970’s

sadly, I was usually one of the first to get knocked out..

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron

Looking back, how we decided if it was a goal or not when we just had two piles of jumpers I will never know 😂

OP
Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Always Poor, Never Bored.
Staff member
Patron

What!!!????
The hatrick hero always the first to get knocked out?
Unbelievable Jeff.
Babi Lining was outlawed when we played it.

For the uninitiated, Babi Lining was basically doing nothing, standing practically an inch off the goal line tapping in any scuffed shots / saves into the net.

Sounds like an @Ando60 Hattrick to be fair...

Hogie4a

Reserve
I'm sorry if this is in anyway off topic.
yesterday The BBC 'Match of the Day' was highlights of 70's onwards FA cup moments.
But I thought wouldn't it have been a bit of fun for the Saturday BBC 'Football Focus' to feature all the footy results from a Saturday in early
April 1957 or '59 ........ week on week until the plague has gone.
It would be better than the rubbish they are showing at the mo'.

Roger

simo

Manager
Babi Lining was outlawed when we played it.

For the uninitiated, Babi Lining was basically doing nothing, standing practically an inch off the goal line tapping in any scuffed shots / saves into the net.

Sounds like an @Ando60 Hattrick to be fair...
The difficulty was that it was self-reffed so it caused a few major mass scraps at my school.

djwoody

First Team
If it helps at all...
I'm a primary school teacher (at a school which includes a nursery). We've been open for key worker children (and vulnerable kids) throughout and I'm not aware of a single case through transmission in school during this time. Our numbers have been bigger than the proposed "social bubbles" which schools will adhere to from June 1st.
However, it's still an unknown level of risk, and the environment is likely to be hugely different to what was there in March. We're not sending our reception aged daughter yet. About a third of our eligible kids are coming back, so whatever you decide, you won't be the only ones.