PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is anyone else not missing the footy?

Are you missing the footy?

• Total voters
I really thought I would be beside myself with boredom but surprisingly, I haven’t really missed it too much at all. Having said that, if and when it starts again I won’t give any thought to returning or social distancing just simply pick up where I left off. Goodness knows whether that will be a new season or completion of this one. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, stuff happens and you just have to crack on and make the best of it.

I really thought I would be beside myself with boredom but surprisingly, I haven’t really missed it too much at all. Having said that, if and when it starts again I won’t give any thought to returning or social distancing just simply pick up where I left off. Goodness knows whether that will be a new season or completion of this one. In the grand scheme of things it doesn’t matter, stuff happens and you just have to crack on and make the best of it.

Exactly, boredom doesn't come into it, I'm now at my underpants drawer tidying after painting the garden fences, mowing lawns, digging up tree trunks (roots and all) plus re-grouting the shower cubicle etc etc😇. Football......what's that? :)

Exactly, boredom doesn't come into it, I'm now at my underpants drawer tidying after painting the garden fences, mowing lawns, digging up tree trunks (roots and all) plus re-grouting the shower cubicle etc etc😇. Football......what's that? :)
Should you not have gone into your underpants drawer first? Feel sorry for your neighbours Roy.

Yeah, we have taken things for granted and I suppose we’ve had it easy for so long. We take it for granted that footy is there all season long for us and then bang.......big black out.

Even the simple task of buying food has suddenly become a risk of life, worrying if you’re going to pick up this coronavirus whilst away from home Getting supplies. It’s a bit like garden birds when they’re feeding off bird feeders. They take one peck and then look for predators and even then some get snatched by sparrow hawks. Life has taken one big change overnight. Hopefully football along with most other things will survive, but I’m sure it will be the end for some clubs. Let’s hope that PNE and all their fans survive and that we are still able to support our wonderful traditional Club.

Should you not have gone into your underpants drawer first? Feel sorry for your neighbours Roy.

Nah, last resort job , as a matter of interest, I did go into that drawer first............to get a pair to wear (of course):mad:. No worries for the neighbours :eek::) not sure about the builders "nick" though o_O

Usually, with my involvement in grass roots football as well as supporting PNE, I am out doing something involved with football every day of the week bar Wednesday (My day off)... So, yes I am missing it. Especially the social side. I suppose this lengthy break is giving me the chance to do things that I usually put off because I dont have the time. My wife is pleased

Usually, with my involvement in grass roots football as well as supporting PNE, I am out doing something involved with football every day of the week bar Wednesday (My day off)... So, yes I am missing it. Especially the social side. I suppose this lengthy break is giving me the chance to do things that I usually put off because I dont have the time. My wife is pleased
too much info that.

I haven't missed it that much to be honest but I think that's because I've been kept busy, however I got a ping on my phone before and when I checked what it was my heart did sink, it was a match postponement notification for tomorrow from bbc sport 😕

Speaking of Subbuteo. Anyone remember the Munich Edition from the 1970s? My best friend at the time had it and I remember being out of my mind with jealousy. It had everything in it.......teams, pitch, floodlights, TV tower, referees, fence surround etc. etc. and even a referee’s whistle.
My Dad, who couldn’t afford a Munich Edition at the time, decided to make me my own pitch. He bought a piece of chipboard and “acquired” some yellow felt free of charge. He stapled the felt to the chipboard and marked out the pitch in black biro.
Flippin brilliant.
Sometimes it takes a few years to appreciate just how much your parents did for you. Cheers Dad.

Speaking of Subbuteo. Anyone remember the Munich Edition from the 1970s? My best friend at the time had it and I remember being out of my mind with jealousy. It had everything in it.......teams, pitch, floodlights, TV tower, referees, fence surround etc. etc. and even a referee’s whistle.
My Dad, who couldn’t afford a Munich Edition at the time, decided to make me my own pitch. He bought a piece of chipboard and “acquired” some yellow felt free of charge. He stapled the felt to the chipboard and marked out the pitch in black biro.
Flippin brilliant.
Sometimes it takes a few years to appreciate just how much your parents did for you. Cheers Dad.
Take a look how much they sell for on eBay
but you did get more in the stadium edition

Last edited:
It’s an interesting aspect of the whole situation.

Once you’ve broken the habit, do you go back?

That could equally to the footy, your favourite restaurant or some of the fake friends you acquire just cos you happen to be starting a family at the same time.

I don’t for one moment regret going to as many away matches as I possibly could between 1996 and 2016, but watching a lot of rugby since then has taken me to different places where I’ve met a lot of different people. And I’ve really enjoyed it.

I think life is about experiencing as much as you possibly can and there’s a big change in store for me when we move to NI, assuming EasyJet starts flying there again!

Think I may start watching some camogie....
[/QUOTE

Take a look how much they sell for on eBay
but you did get more in the stadium edition
Flippin eck nearly four hundred quid for a Subbuteo set? Wish I’d bought a few in the 1970s and stored em.
I don’t remember that Stadium Edition, looks like a good un.