PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is anyone really suprised?

I don’t agree but I both cba and don’t have the time to explain why.

There won’t be many people buying or investing in footy clubs for the next 2 seasons, or pumping money in either for obvious reasons.
With most businesses it’s a matter of survival for the next 2 years, be grateful we have an owner who has some dosh.

We are where we are.

Plenty of clubs below us that have invested heavily in players , think how their fans feel, very jealous of us...
Or you could completely flip that over an say we've been where we've been for the last 60 years. Outside the top flight. It's annoying people!

Wow!! And Brentford must have had a seriously off day the amount they score!
I watched Brentford the other night - they do look good.

if they don’t catch West Brom then I fancy them to win the play offs...

who would have thought a couple of seasons ago that Brentford would be going to places like Anfield, Etihad, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc etc etc

We will be going to Rotherham...

I watched Brentford the other night - they do look good.

if they don’t catch West Brom then I fancy them to win the play offs...

who would have thought a couple of seasons ago that Brentford would be going to places like Anfield, Etihad, Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge, Emirates etc etc etc

We will be going to Rotherham...
I must say Ando I’m really envious of the whole ethos at Brentford. I’d love us to be playing that style of football.

The best way to defend is attack, I honestly think because players like Barkhuizen and Sinclair are told that they have to track back all the time meaning they have to get up and down the pitch far to often especially when they have to get back for every corner leaving them burnt out in most games . Therefore they lose their attacking threat and the ability to get past people or don’t try to get to the by line to pull the ball back for our forwards or midfield and as the game gets stretched late in the game their ability to help out is not possible so that’s why we concede so many late goals. When we play on the front foot it’s the opposition that have to keep their defenders back meaning less tracking back . It’s not rocket science . It’s worked for us in the past so why have we stopped doing it

The best way to defend is attack, I honestly think because players like Barkhuizen and Sinclair are told that they have to track back all the time meaning they have to get up and down the pitch far to often especially when they have to get back for every corner leaving them burnt out in most games . Therefore they lose their attacking threat and the ability to get past people or don’t try to get to the by line to pull the ball back for our forwards or midfield and as the game gets stretched late in the game their ability to help out is not possible so that’s why we concede so many late goals. When we play on the front foot it’s the opposition that have to keep their defenders back meaning less tracking back . It’s not rocket science . It’s worked for us in the past so why have we stopped doing it
I think you're right but let me play Devil's advocate. If Sinclair and Barky didn't defend as much as they do we'd concede more goals, what do you think?

And that's despite playing a defensive and uncreative brand of football for the most part.

No wonder we don't feel we can risk "going for it".

Absolutely.

Let’s keep playing the game in our own half since it’s working so well.

God forbid we should ever get the ball and players into the attacking third.

I think you're right but let me play Devil's advocate. If Sinclair and Barky didn't defend as much as they do we'd concede more goals, what do you think?
I’m not saying at times they don’t have to defend but if we did what we used to and play the high press game we won the ball in their half or around the half way line meaning they don’t have to run back to our area as often also let one of them stay up field at set pieces and corners , it really does my head in when we have everybody back meaning we have no out let if we win the first ball and it allows the opposition to shove as many men as they want into the last third of our half .

Yep that was Fergusons policy and it certainly worked for us.....score more than they do......beats me why we ever sacked him as he was clearly 10 years ahead of his time

Obviously we didn’t score more than the opposition , he didn’t believe in defending at all . We can all pick the most extreme example to make a point . for what it’s worth I knew what he’d done at Peterbourlgh before and didn’t think his style would ever suit us .