PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is it time for Hemmings to finally go?

'You can have a £10m striker or a new training ground.'

We have neither. If youre happy with the owner of your team taking the piss out of you so he can build some houses then so be it, unfortunately most of us arent that gullible.

All of our local rivals have had stints in the prem. And before you come up with the predictable 'well look at Bolton/ Wigan now.' All clubs experience peaks and troughs, unless wiped fully out of existence, the life of a football club is cyclical.

Blackburn's peak was winning the Premier League, Wigan's peak was winning the FA Cup, Bolton's Peak was the knockout stages of the UEFA Cup, Wigan's peak was winning the FA Cup, PNE's peak was finishing 7th in the second division. Forgive me for not being too grateful for that.

You aren’t gullible? People haven’t to offend you with ‘the predictable look at Bolton Wigan now’?

Perhaps you haven’t noticed the list gets longer each year? The inconvenient truth you seek to ridicule now includes Hull City of course, and presumably Bury just don’t matter? You may also note that the ‘peaks’ you mention were whilst the clubs you mention were owned by local benefactors! You may also note they plunged into their current troughs following sales to dodgy owners!

One day, you may get your way and TH’s ownership will be ended by a smiling Trojan horse consortium from somewhere in the Far East with promises of strikers and premier league and cups and champions leagues and training complexes and......anything else you non gullible types want to hear before - at best - running us into the ground amid plastic pigs on the pitch protests OR -at worst - laundering millions through the club and pissing off back into the night.

The life of a football club is ‘cyclical’ you say? Maybe in the past but it now depends on who it sells it’s soul to. Then again as you are an ‘advisor to the owner’ we will be protected by your lack of gullibility won’t we?

I did wonder how many of the kids on that picture are now adults posting on here ?
I was there that night but only 13. What I do recall was arriving at the ground behind Lowthorpe Road 20 mins before kick off and seeing John McGrath pull up in the car park and walk to the ground. Wasn't therefore a massive surprise when he left that week!

You aren’t gullible? People haven’t to offend you with ‘the predictable look at Bolton Wigan now’?

Perhaps you haven’t noticed the list gets longer each year? The inconvenient truth you seek to ridicule now includes Hull City of course, and presumably Bury just don’t matter? You may also note that the ‘peaks’ you mention were whilst the clubs you mention were owned by local benefactors! You may also note they plunged into their current troughs following sales to dodgy owners!

One day, you may get your way and TH’s ownership will be ended by a smiling Trojan horse consortium from somewhere in the Far East with promises of strikers and premier league and cups and champions leagues and training complexes and......anything else you non gullible types want to hear before - at best - running us into the ground amid plastic pigs on the pitch protests OR -at worst - laundering millions through the club and pissing off back into the night.

The life of a football club is ‘cyclical’ you say? Maybe in the past but it now depends on who it sells it’s soul to. Then again as you are an ‘advisor to the owner’ we will be protected by your lack of gullibility won’t we?
Champions Leagues?!!! Slow down a bit! Alot of us are just asking for a bit more investment in the team, particularly in the strikers options, as you've probably noticed, between them, they've not quite set the world alight with goals! You know? The object of the exercise! You seem to make out that Lee Trundle is wanting TH to do another "Jack Walker". For my money, I don't think that's the case. As for the beginning of his post, regarding the "10 million pound striker or a training ground?" He's just repeating what the hierarchy asked us, which in the end, resulted in neither!

Champions Leagues?!!! Slow down a bit! Alot of us are just asking for a bit more investment in the team, particularly in the strikers options, as you've probably noticed, between them, they've not quite set the world alight with goals! You know? The object of the exercise! You seem to make out that Lee Trundle is wanting TH to do another "Jack Walker". For my money, I don't think that's the case. As for the beginning of his post, regarding the "10 million pound striker or a training ground?" He's just repeating what the hierarchy asked us, which in the end, resulted in neither!

It was a simple enough post I put up yet, you have missed the point by about a million miles and your poor attempts at sarcasm do not reflect well on you. My post was really not about why Maguire, Nugent and Stockley can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo!!

1. I am not making out ‘Lee Trundle’ said or meant anything. His words are there to be read and his view is his own (supported by many others). My reply addresses his words and expressed views alone. I just smile at his belief it is others who are gullible on the subject of TH ownership and his steadfast refusal to spend money on players the business can’t afford.

No matter how many would like to think differently, or cover their ears and eyes whilst singing la la la very loudly, the inconvenient truth of corrupt or deluded consortia is very real. Just open your eyes! When bad ‘owners’ can reduce premier league clubs - with all the TV money and parachute payments to the sorry state of Bolton Wigan Hull and Charlton, just think where we could end up from our starting point? Bunked in with Bamber Bridge and playing in the NW Counties do for you?

It seems pretty clear what has happened to Wigan, and just remember how happy they were such a short time ago, all snug and warm in their financial dream situation, expecting to be leaving the likes of us behind again.

If you don’t understand what I have offered then fine, I can’t be arsed spelling it out any more. The constant whining about TH is on a par with Brexit and Covid-19 in the demoralisation charts. TH will sell up, or pass on to the great racecourse in the sky. At that point the bullshit will stop and we will see.

It was a simple enough post I put up yet, you have missed the point by about a million miles and your poor attempts at sarcasm do not reflect well on you. My post was really not about why Maguire, Nugent and Stockley can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo!!

1. I am not making out ‘Lee Trundle’ said or meant anything. His words are there to be read and his view is his own (supported by many others). My reply addresses his words and expressed views alone. I just smile at his belief it is others who are gullible on the subject of TH ownership and his steadfast refusal to spend money on players the business can’t afford.

No matter how many would like to think differently, or cover their ears and eyes whilst singing la la la very loudly, the inconvenient truth of corrupt or deluded consortia is very real. Just open your eyes! When bad ‘owners’ can reduce premier league clubs - with all the TV money and parachute payments to the sorry state of Bolton Wigan Hull and Charlton, just think where we could end up from our starting point? Bunked in with Bamber Bridge and playing in the NW Counties do for you?

It seems pretty clear what has happened to Wigan, and just remember how happy they were such a short time ago, all snug and warm in their financial dream situation, expecting to be leaving the likes of us behind again.

If you don’t understand what I have offered then fine, I can’t be arsed spelling it out any more. The constant whining about TH is on a par with Brexit and Covid-19 in the demoralisation charts. TH will sell up, or pass on to the great racecourse in the sky. At that point the bullshit will stop and we will see.
There was no attempt at sarcasm, just plain facts that we have strikers who hardly score. You use Wigan an Bolton frequently as an example of what could happen to us. Of course, clubs that have been mismanaged, an as a result, have fallen into hard times. There are other ways though. How about the Burnley way? They did up their spending to a certain degree but they are now run sensibly, an are now an established Prem team. Nobody is asking your messiah Hemmings to do another Jack Walker, to show some serious intent though would be very welcome

The message seems to be:

Fans are gullible fools if they believe a different owner would ever improve the club's fortunes.

And fans are gullible fools if they believe the current owner would ever do likewise.

There was no attempt at sarcasm, just plain facts that we have strikers who hardly score. You use Wigan an Bolton frequently as an example of what could happen to us. Of course, clubs that have been mismanaged, an as a result, have fallen into hard times. There are other ways though. How about the Burnley way? They did up their spending to a certain degree but they are now run sensibly, an are now an established Prem team. Nobody is asking your messiah Hemmings to do another Jack Walker, to show some serious intent though would be very welcome
I think the Burnley way was essentially a coin toss. Wade Elliot bangs one in at Wembley and insists on being referred to as the £50m man for the next fortnight. Result goes the other way and they were in administration on the Monday

I'm not in the right headspace to discuss this in meticulous detail without either boring people or starting a major argument, so I'll keep this as simple as possible.

You all know that I'm researching and one of the aspects of it is football in business - well if you didn't you know now. Today I've been doing some extensive research on fan retention and modernistic standards, as well as how football clubs create finance and business impacts.

I'll put it nicely - we are behind everyone else in the league, in a position where we scrape by on the bare minimum reflected in why Hemmings has to inject money into the club to keep it alive when there should be no need to had the club been run properly.

This research project is going to lead to me being prescribed some strong stuff, it's heartbreaking to work through.

The biggest kicker? Fleetwood are helping to lead the way in this area.

It's a shame I'm going to have to do independent research aside from this current work to drill down even further because I have no doubt things will get juicier the further down I go.

Been to Fylde today. Fylde are in the Vanarama North yet have a chairman actively working with the press, modern facilities and a real community presence, like Fleetwood. All this despite being relegated to the semi-pro leagues.

We're on track to become the second best team in Preston within 3-4 years and it absolutely kills me.

Been to Fylde today. Fylde are in the Vanarama North yet have a chairman actively working with the press, modern facilities and a real community presence, like Fleetwood. All this despite being relegated to the semi-pro leagues.

We're on track to become the second best team in Preston within 3-4 years and it absolutely kills me.
Fylde are hoovering up junior players in huge numbers, keeping them until they’re 15/16 and then dropping all but the best. They’re way ahead of us at that level.

Fylde are hoovering up junior players in huge numbers, keeping them until they’re 15/16 and then dropping all but the best. They’re way ahead of us at that level.

Even if they only stay for a few years, they get to develop at top class facilities and under a solid coaching structure, which means that over time local teams such as Chorley and Brig will also end up with quality youngsters rocking up at their academies.

last time I was helping out at a Fylde youth game they had a number of Myerscough lads playing who our lads knew. The myerscough coach having sent the best ones to PNE and the next best to Fylde. That was about 2 season ago mind.

When did AFC Fylde move to Preston? Last time I was there they were in Fylde Borough.

When did AFC Fylde move to Preston? Last time I was there they were in Fylde Borough.

I consider AFC Fylde to be a Preston offshoot. There are parts of Preston where it's faster to get there than Deepdale!

Also Springfields is now in Fylde.