PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is it time for Hemmings to finally go?

I do understand the vitriol aimed at mr Hemmings. But in the same breath be careful what you wish for
A lot of my ancestors were spinners and weavers in the 19th century, I imagine they had the same discussions about the mill owners.

What a fantastic post. Kudos 👏🏻

Not one part of it untrue.

The lack of ambition has been stewing for a long time and it’s no surprise that this is the final straw for some fans when it comes to financially backing the club.

TH will always receive praise from me for constantly pumping money into the club to keep our heads above water, but we’re capable of going beyond that, and it seems that we have the fans, the manager, and with additions to an already strong squad, the players with the belief and ability to get to the next level, but not the owner.

I do understand the vitriol aimed at mr Hemmings. But in the same breath be careful what you wish for
I see this argument a lot.

But it doesn't really wash unless we can also get details of the succession plans that are in place to guarantee we won't get lumbered with a mad foreign owner who sends us hurtling into administration when the time (sadly, inevitably) eventually comes for TH to pass the club on.

I haven't seen any such guarantees.

I see this argument a lot.

But it doesn't really wash unless we can also get details of the succession plans that are in place to guarantee we won't get lumbered with a mad foreign owner who sends us hurtling into administration when the time (sadly, inevitably) eventually comes for TH to pass the club on.

I haven't seen any such guarantees.

I think appointing Craig Hemmings as Chairman guaranteed the succession at least in the short term.

As to what provisions have been put in place when the inevitable happens we won't know until it does.

I think appointing Craig Hemmings as Chairman guaranteed the succession at least in the short term.

As to what provisions have been put in place when the inevitable happens we won't know until it does.
Exactly. We don't know.

"Careful what you wish for" is a nice glib comment, but there's no guarantee that all this austerity doesn't end with us falling into the abyss of administration anyway.

The only difference being (compared to the fabled Boltons and Wigans) they had their moments in the sun before plunging into the abyss.

Whereas we'll have had our moments of careful beancounting and coming 11th.

Exactly. We don't know.

"Careful what you wish for" is a nice glib comment, but there's no guarantee that all this austerity doesn't end with us falling into the abyss of administration anyway.

The only difference being (compared to the fabled Boltons and Wigans) they had their moments in the sun before plunging into the abyss.

Whereas we'll have had our moments of careful beancounting and coming 11th.
My views about the current ownership are very well known. The lack of engagement with the fans is key to this.

It looked as though we were finally starting to get somewhere with the Riddler's statements and while not always agreeing at least getting an explanation. I dont see any way this can be explained.

The radio silence from the IoM would be easier to take if it wasn't for the fact that he regularly engages with the Racing Post.

Even in relegations I've never felt such a sadness and dejection around our club. As fans, it appears that we don't matter at all.

We have a squad of players, many of whom I believe really want to see us succeed and kick on, they must be frustrated too. We also have a talented manager, who I believe doesn't trust many of the players in his squad, causing him to play increasingly stale and unadventurous football, we sell our best players and do not adequately replace them.

We continually hear reports that we have missed out on transfer targets. The quality of the players we bring in often, not always, weaken us as a whole compared to teams around us.

I will admit that I see some positive to Euxton, only in as much as it's an upgrade on what we have at Springfields. This in no means excuses the owners agenda in using the fans in order to build houses and increase his fortune via the Ingol debacle.

Due to work commitments I've not held a ST for a number of years now, but pre C19 I'd made the decision that this was the year I was going back. Obviously with reduced capacity this just isn't going to happen now, but regardless of my own circumstances, the way in which STs have been handled and announced is another 2 fingers to the fans compounded by the refund situation last season.

Our position whereby U23 football isn't seen as viable is another telling situation. If money from player sales was adequately reinvested into our playing squad, at the very least this could provide a revenue stream to bolster us. Further to this home grown players don't command a transfer fee and while we can all recognise that perhaps only one or two players may make it to the first team every couple of years surely these would be welcome addition to our most frugal of owners.

I haven't much to say about the kits, the JustSport agreement makes sense so there is little to argue with there. The green kit is alright, but I won't be buying it anyway.

I love our stadium, it's a brilliant ground and it deserves to be full sadly even when it can be opened up again fully I imagine we'd be lucky to be 30% full regardless.

This is a sad time where I feel that fans will turn away from the club, not because we don't adore Preston, but out of sheer frustration to see us standing still and losing ground to every forward thinking club in football.

Agree that if we are to continue under the current regime that the fans voices need to be heard, however this will never happen as we simply do not matter any more. I think the condescending telling offs that were dressed up as 'statements' from PR also highlighted that, all that I have taken from the statements so far is a sense that it's the owners way and nobody else's views matter.

Please Mr Hemmings, offer us for sale for our true worth and move on with your other ventures as under your ownership while financially stable, we have become a shell of the club we once were.

I could read your emotions running through that post @MBcha

Very well put.

Even in relegations I've never felt such a sadness and dejection around our club. As fans, it appears that we don't matter at all.

We have a squad of players, many of whom I believe really want to see us succeed and kick on, they must be frustrated too. We also have a talented manager, who I believe doesn't trust many of the players in his squad, causing him to play increasingly stale and unadventurous football, we sell our best players and do not adequately replace them.

We continually hear reports that we have missed out on transfer targets. The quality of the players we bring in often, not always, weaken us as a whole compared to teams around us.

I will admit that I see some positive to Euxton, only in as much as it's an upgrade on what we have at Springfields. This in no means excuses the owners agenda in using the fans in order to build houses and increase his fortune via the Ingol debacle.

Due to work commitments I've not held a ST for a number of years now, but pre C19 I'd made the decision that this was the year I was going back. Obviously with reduced capacity this just isn't going to happen now, but regardless of my own circumstances, the way in which STs have been handled and announced is another 2 fingers to the fans compounded by the refund situation last season.

Our position whereby U23 football isn't seen as viable is another telling situation. If money from player sales was adequately reinvested into our playing squad, at the very least this could provide a revenue stream to bolster us. Further to this home grown players don't command a transfer fee and while we can all recognise that perhaps only one or two players may make it to the first team every couple of years surely these would be welcome addition to our most frugal of owners.

I haven't much to say about the kits, the JustSport agreement makes sense so there is little to argue with there. The green kit is alright, but I won't be buying it anyway.

I love our stadium, it's a brilliant ground and it deserves to be full sadly even when it can be opened up again fully I imagine we'd be lucky to be 30% full regardless.

This is a sad time where I feel that fans will turn away from the club, not because we don't adore Preston, but out of sheer frustration to see us standing still and losing ground to every forward thinking club in football.

Agree that if we are to continue under the current regime that the fans voices need to be heard, however this will never happen as we simply do not matter any more. I think the condescending telling offs that were dressed up as 'statements' from PR also highlighted that, all that I have taken from the statements so far is a sense that it's the owners way and nobody else's views matter.

Please Mr Hemmings, offer us for sale for our true worth and move on with your other ventures as under your ownership while financially stable, we have become a shell of the club we once were.

Fantastic post and sums up the feelings of many fans, with the exception of those who think the sun shines out of his backside.

Sadly, I just can't see Trevor selling up/handing over the reins. Speaking to someone who used to work at the club and spoke to Trevor fairly 'regularly', he had the impression that Trevor enjoys the power and being in full control (including signings, contrary to what some believe).

I'm not Trevor's biggest fan to say the least but IMO he's not the only problem we have at the club.

What a fantastic post. Kudos 👏🏻
I could read your emotions running through that post @MBcha

Very well put.
Thank you, it's an emotional subject. And whilst many on here agree with me, our feelings about the club inevitably fall on deaf ears. That's the most saddening thing, that we all know nothing will change.

Fantastic post and sums up the feelings of many fans, with the exception of those who think the sun shines out of his backside.

Sadly, I just can't see Trevor selling up/handing over the reins. Speaking to someone who used to work at the club and spoke to Trevor fairly 'regularly', he had the impression that Trevor enjoys the power and being in full control (including signings, contrary to what some believe).

I'm not Trevor's biggest fan to say the least but IMO he's not the only problem we have at the club.

Entirely agree, but he is definitely the biggest problem.

I have not been a fan of TH since well before present issues, he has had a "vested interest" in PNE for nearly 5 decades, he has supported through his very expensive soft loans when needed and used his financial muscle to take control of the club at a time best suited to himself.

I have no doubt that Shaw and McLaughlin were well catered for when the old PLC went tits up leaving the rest to embrace their 5p's, I appreciated his financial support since he assumed ownership and understand that there are some tax benefits he now enjoys too, I feel his biggest mistakes were Magic and Ridsdale, both of these seemed to love the position of Chairman/director whilst presiding over some truly dreadful football, managers sacked and recruited, over 100 players bought and nearly as many sold, numerous crap loans into the club etc etc etc, so I suspect he is a bit pissed off with how his financial support has been "managed".

Lindsay was just a terrible appointment, Ridsdale has brought us some of the worst football we have had to endure (Westley) all "rolled up" in to "we are working to a plan and a budget" shite.
Ridsdale was only effective at Leeds when money was not seen as an issue which left them financially fucked, he was just as bad at Cardiff and don't forget Barnsley, he did manage to find a buyer for Plymouth but where are they now!!!!!

I want to see a proper PNE chairman, someone who knows the game, leagues and is financially astute, who won't be manipulated by agents demands (look how much we have spent on agents and where we still are). I want a management team who are forward thinking re ST's, pay on the days, all age groups, who can sell the club and it's facilities to local and national business owners, we have Abbott and Rhodes who have been with us for decades all pandering to the financial genius that is Ridsdale, splutter splutter splutter, his Golden Ticket ST scheme was a shambles as is the Ambassador scheme and the recent ST and pricing piss take.

TH needs to do one of 2 things, sell the club (he now has all the land at Ingol to get back his share value in PNE) or appoint a dynamic Chairman, someone who pulls the club and supporters together, someone who is not afraid to make statements knowing he has the support of the owner, I am sure with his empire and contacts he must know someone who would be fit for purpose.

Sell at a reasonable price TH or bring the right man in to do the CEO job, I am sure many would support this.

Hemmings has kept us afloat granted but imho purely for his own ends, the circles he moves in your not telling me he cant attract a potential buyer or at the very least major investment?? The man is THE problem in stopping us going forward along with his 'poodle' PR, our so called scouting network and recruitment is a complete shambles, we are run behind the scenes like some 3rd world communist club, we hear fuck all from anybody... oh for the days of Bryan Gray and Tony Scholes!! The club we love is sucking the life out of the supporters. 60 years of nothing yet 12,000 hardy loyal fans who love there football club and all things PNE still attend on a regular basis, everyone deserves the up most credit for the way they are treated with bullshit and contempt on a regular basis....im sorry but until Hemmings goes it will be his out of date terms to everyone and everything or nothing! Yes another totally pissed off long standing PNE nut here, utterly dejected with the club i love!

Getting to the point where I just want change irrespective of who comes in.

A sale to someone who has a clear progressive plan is what we need.
YOU HAVE SOMEBODY LINED UP WITH AN EXTRA 500K A MONTH JUST TO KEEP THE CLUB AFLOAT?...sorry shouty text ..LOL

It really is starting to feel like we're being wound down for a sale in the not so distant future. Debt free and little increase to any overheads (Euxton will have running costs, but nothing in terms of new player wages). Hemmings has been around in business long enough to know that following a depression, people spend. We're possibly being readied for a post covid sale.