PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Is it time for the fans to go?

No your wrong, Blackpool claimed to have tried it, but actually it was just the Glory hunters abandoning ship. Some did claim to be boycotting but continued to attend. They did try to get drone footage but the Drone disappeared.

I know it's become the accepted opinion on here, but it isn't actually true. A friend of mine, along with many of his mates, had followed them through thick and thin - for over 50 years in my friend's case - and they all decided they wouldn't go on again whilst the Oystons were in control. They certainly weren't 'glory hunters' - the ones who jumped on the PL bandwagon. I've no way of knowing how many more longstanding fans joined the boycott but I'm pretty sure they weren't the only ones.

It wasn't that they objected to the family taking back what they had put in. It was that they (allegedly) siphoned off, via a myriad of family-owned corporate entities, considerably more than their original investment.

Indeed. Thoroughly deserved. The man's a legend.
It’s the first time I’ve ever agreed with you. The way he pretended that he was going to be the financial saviour of your football club only to fuck off with millions at the first opportunity was absolutely superb. He even got you muppets applauding his actions. So yes, in my eyes he really is a legend. There should be a statue.

I know it's become the accepted opinion on here, but it isn't actually true. A friend of mine, along with many of his mates, had followed them through thick and thin - for over 50 years in my friend's case - and they all decided they wouldn't go on again whilst the Oystons were in control. They certainly weren't 'glory hunters' - the ones who jumped on the PL bandwagon. I've no way of knowing how many more longstanding fans joined the boycott but I'm pretty sure they weren't the only ones.

It wasn't that they objected to the family taking back what they had put in. It was that they (allegedly) siphoned off, via a myriad of family-owned corporate entities, considerably more than their original investment.
Well that accounts for about five then......

Yet my friends have followed them for decades, they still attended during the so called Boycott years, didn’t buy a program, no food, but supported the players. They was spat at, punched, called names. But they kept going same group, same seats. Even they feel it was the glory hunters that caused the crap. Happy the O’s have gone. Yet the crowds didn’t jump back up much after the o’s had gone. Opinions on here are fine, but one thing that remains, I would never call or attack a fellow North End fan if they wanted to go on, no matter how bad it got. And then to add insult to it, some and not many of them thugs just walk back in and sit next to those they abused as if nothing happened. But this has been done over and over, leftback will be bashing scratching the walls wanting to get back on and reignite it all.

What a splendid post. Although you'll upset the thickos on here.

The way he pretended that he was going to be the financial saviour of your football club only to fuck off with millions at the first opportunity was absolutely superb. He even got you muppets applauding his actions.
Thicko alert.

I have to totally agree with you. The majority of boycotters were actually genuine supporters, not glory hunters.

As for Belokon. Even if he’d wanted to take over at Blackpool, he’d would have had to have his “not a fit and proper person” status rescinded, by the EFL. Which is quite ironic, given Oyston was deemed to be both “fit and proper”.

I have to totally agree with you. The majority of boycotters were actually genuine supporters, not glory hunters.

As for Belokon. Even if he’d wanted to take over at Blackpool, he’d would have had to have his “not a fit and proper person” status rescinded, by the EFL. Which is quite ironic, given Oyston was deemed to be both “fit and proper”.
What was the average support in the Premiership compared to when they got relegated?

Coincidence eh......

Lasher love in, fuck off.

Hilarious that the 12 lasher fans think they had any impact on the Oyston's leaving Blackpool.