Is it time?

From91

Reserve
Brentford and SW come at you so the high press disrupts their game.
Cardiff and others don't, they sit deep.
The same players and tactics don't work against opposition that sits deep so you need keys to unlock the door not pressers.
I can see it, others in here can see it, but the man making decisions can't or is simply too stubborn.
We may be playing the right formation, just not the right players ( with apologies to Eric Morecambe)!
We sat deeper than Cardiff today so who knows if the high press would have worked or not. At least when we do that we get 4/5 bodies up the pitch at the same time to actually counter.

Any momentum we had today is lost as soon as Pearson/ledson looks up and sees our striker completely out numbered, so they play a safe side ways pass and Cardiff are allowed to get numbers back. That isn’t Cardiff parking the bus it’s us being utterly toothless.

Realistic

Manager
I am slightly bemused why you have taken such an exception to my post in what was clearly a slight misunderstanding of its context.

The management and players would be bloody daft if they read the forum. As would the management and players of any football club.

At the moment there is no other way for many to get things off their chest. We can't go to the games, we can't use our frustration in a positive or a negative manner at Deepdale.

Yes we played very well in the second half at Brentford and it was a good result.

However today we where very poor for a 3rd consecutive home game this season and have only won 5 in 20. I think it is perfectly understandable that some fans are frustrated. I don't see how it's knee jerk.

Yes we have moved into a new training ground and trust me I am more aware of how beneficial that will be long term than many.

We have had some tough matches and like you (I think) reckon that Riis will have a positive impact.

However, that doesn't change the fact that had we been at Deepdale today and witnessed that performance first hand I suspect it wouldn't have been a very nice place to be.

Is it a crisis no, but for some fans to just brush it off as a one off poor performance is strange.
And I'm bemused why you needed to take such exception to my post in the first place. And the management and players (some of them) DO read the posts, they've said so.

So, if you'd been at Deepdale today, you'd have been slagging them off ? That bad was it ? I watched the game and I saw real effort from them, if a lack of 'know how' and creativity. If they give 100%, even if they're not effective, they don't deserve criticism but even if you argue that they do (deserve some), it doesn't help, just makes it worse.

Realistic

Manager
No, now is the time but that time cant be a million miles away if things dont pick up.

FWIW I think Neil deserves to be given at least 10 games more to turn things around.

Had I been on that game I would have left a long time before that game finished.

Would you have walked out of the Tottenham Hotspur stadium today, a quarter of an hour before the end, if you were a West Ham fan ?

JK

The Big Boss
Staff member
Patron
And I'm bemused why you needed to take such exception to my post in the first place. And the management and players (some of them) DO read the posts, they've said so.

So, if you'd been at Deepdale today, you'd have been slagging them off ? That bad was it ? I watched the game and I saw real effort from them, if a lack of 'know how' and creativity. If they give 100%, even if they're not effective, they don't deserve criticism but even if you argue that they do (deserve some), it doesn't help, just makes it worse.

I didn't take "such an exception" to your post. All I did was reply to it, that's how forums work.

Had I been at Deepdale today I would have been getting right behind them and pushing them to get back into the game.

However, I would have suspected that after a third straight home defeat without scoring there wouldn't have been exactly a great reaction at the end.

Some players often read social media but if you a professional footballer and going on a supporters forum after a defeat what would they expect.

I've not seen anything personal just fans disappointed with the performance and result.

Infact the critisim ive seen has been mainly aimed at the manager.

OOOO3

Forum Patron
Patron
Name another manager that can get us in the playoffs with this squad then fair enough. But expectations have to be lowered with the players we have. Another top half finish would be decent and we’re only 5 games in.
Name me another manager still in post after 39 points in 36 games.
This forum?????
One of the reasons we’ve never been in the top flight in nearly 60 years, is people thinking it isn’t ok to question a record like
P36 W10 D9 L17
Not managed a goal in 15 of them and only kept a clean sheet in 5 of em.

Yeah, this forum is soooooo unreasonable
Fuck is that the actual record?

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Lesson, Pearson, Potts and Browne at home is bullshit. Harrop and DJ have more creative quality

But at the same time you then have to justify why a team that just scored 4 past Brentford would change.

Can’t win in effect(literally). I did think DJ would be one of the replacements as the game went on though

Metal

First Team
It's always disappointing to lose, but we're not a big club. We're small potatoes, not King Edwards. TH could throw a £100m and employ Mourhino as boss, but nothing guarantees success. The football commentators know this and so should we.
Preston North End will never hit the Premier League in my lifetime, so at 63, I'm just resigned to the fact PNE will never make it under this management or any other.
Moyes or Davies were our golden opportunities, but they're gone.

Mer5eywhite

Forum Patron
Patron
It's always disappointing to lose, but we're not a big club. We're small potatoes, not King Edwards. TH could throw a £100m and employ Mourhino as boss, but nothing guarantees success. The football commentators know this and so should we.
Preston North End will never hit the Premier League in my lifetime, so at 63, I'm just resigned to the fact PNE will never make it under this management or any other.
Moyes or Davies were our golden opportunities, but they're gone.
Bloody hell that's sad.

But more than likely true which makes it sadder still.

Decpne

First Team
I am almost certain any manager that would come in wouldn’t do any worse than 39 points from 36 games. Luton manager lost his job for getting 36 points from 36 games. If that’s the sort of standard and mediocrity people want then fair doos.
This is exactly what's wrong with this whole situation. Our fans seem to think the sun shines out of neils arse. 39 points in 36 games is inexcusable and any fans that think it is need to have a quiet word with themselves.

We've got one of the best squads we've had in the last decade and Neil can't get them firing. It's not the players it's the tactics put in front of them!! Not one player neil has brought in has set the world alight, they could be banging 20 goals or more a season elsewhere but when Neil gets hold of them they can't get a start for 10 games. It takes all momentum out of them what they had when joining the club. People who think he's a brilliant manager need to really question what is he actually really good at?
Ill wait......