Is something wrong with patron privileges?

deepdaledreamer

Forum Patron
Patron
I too would like to see the time for editing a post extended to a minimum of 10 minutes

Yeah agree with this 10 to 15 minutes should be adequate time to edit a post and maybe add a little bit for clarity without affecting the general gist of the original, whilst agreeing that 5 mins is too short a time.

I edit quite regularly on spelling and grammar (and still cock up) but anything over 15 minutes as JK implied could well end up amending or adding too much to an original post and may well alter the context and subsequent replies.

Posters can always add follow ups to there own post if they want to clarify or add extra material.

OP
Regardless

Regardless

Forum Patron
Patron
Yeah agree with this 10 to 15 minutes should be adequate time to edit a post and maybe add a little bit for clarity without affecting the general gist of the original, whilst agreeing that 5 mins is too short a time.

I edit quite regularly on spelling and grammar (and still cock up) but anything over 15 minutes as JK implied could well end up amending or adding too much to an original post and may well alter the context and subsequent replies.

Posters can always add follow ups to there own post if they want to clarify or add extra material.
I really would say 20 minutes as a trial. Live with 15. Theoretically, people could make big changes to a post - and as I said earlier, that’s a drawback. But the upside is that posts should be more readable - and so a better experience for readers and writers alike.
I just don’t think that people would really take the pee in practice. I don’t think a 20 minute deadline would cause many problems.

Bardas

Forum Patron
Patron
I`d like to see an extension to 10 or 15 mins for Patrons.

In my case it`s because I have a habit of posting personal info that later I realise leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable. It something that`s part of a condition I have, but to be fair I`m learning to think more before pressing `post`, so it`s only happened a couple of times recently.

Whilst there can be issues with people changing posts substantially...and this can be a `bad` thing after others have seen it... I remember that on the Mods Forum you can clearly see that a post has been edited..and the time it was done.

As long as EVERYONE can see a post has been edited later, I`d think it`d work.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
I`d like to see an extension to 10 or 15 mins for Patrons.

In my case it`s because I have a habit of posting personal info that later I realise leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable. It something that`s part of a condition I have, but to be fair I`m learning to think more before pressing `post`, so it`s only happened a couple of times recently.

Whilst there can be issues with people changing posts substantially...and this can be a `bad` thing after others have seen it... I remember that on the Mods Forum you can clearly see that a post has been edited..and the time it was done.

As long as EVERYONE can see a post has been edited later, I`d think it`d work.
While editing time is being looked at as a whole, as a side note to this, if you ever do post anything that you later feel uncomfortable with being up on the forum but the editing time has passed, please use the report function to flag it to the mod team to delete or edit, or, check which of us are online and just pop us a quick PM.

This goes for all users, I don't mind editing any post in this way and I'll only charge a fiver a time! 😉

Bardas

Forum Patron
Patron
While editing time is being looked at as a whole, as a side note to this, if you ever do post anything that you later feel uncomfortable with being up on the forum but the editing time has passed, please use the report function to flag it to the mod team to delete or edit, or, check which of us are online and just pop us a quick PM.

This goes for all users, I don't mind editing any post in this way and I'll only charge a fiver a time! 😉

Great, that`s much cheaper than Jake.

Nobber

Forum Patron
Patron

Reply deleted!

Last edited:

LostinSpace

Exile
Staff member
Patron

I'll do it for £4 a time. 😂