PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Israel/Palestine

"They definitely don't need them."

Then they actually do need them?
No, but I see your point. (y)

Iran should never be allowed nuclear capabilities when it comes to arms. I should have elaborated further and stated that peaceful countries with nuclear capabilities need them because the Russias, China's, etc. of the world must have something to hold them in check.

I know I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, but as long as our enemies have the ability of a nuclear assault, we cannot relinquish our ability to respond in kind.

Iran should never be allowed nuclear capabilities when it comes to arms. I should have elaborated further and stated that peaceful countries with nuclear capabilities need them because the Russias, China's, etc. of the world must have something to hold them in check.

I know I'm talking out of both sides of my mouth, but as long as our enemies have the ability of a nuclear assault, we cannot relinquish our ability to respond in kind.

I totally agree with that point......... But ( rightly or wrongly ) the Western world are pretty much considered " the baddies " by many in the Middle East and therefore it's reasonable to assume that Iran feel exactly the same way.. ie they need a deterrent too.

Lets be honest " We " are hardly squeaky clean when it comes to rampaging round the world sticking our big fat noses in other Countries business are we?... I'd like to say we do it for humanitarian reasons but in reality we do it for money. oil and many other nefarious reasons. Our motives are far from righteous no matter what our leaders would have us believe.

It's a very shitty situation/subject and I for one wouldn't profess to even know how to begin solving it.... That doesn't mean however that I'd be happy with a load of religious nut jobs having a nuclear capability either. :)

Some signs that the media are starting to question the claims Israel made against UNRWA with the evidence starting to look flimsier by the day:

Interestingly, one of the authors of the Wall Street Journal article reporting the claims and used to build support for withholding funds is Carrie Keller-Lynn:

She served in the IDF, so is she impartial? The article where she related her service in the Israeli military has actually disappeared:

But, thanks to the Wayback Machine, it is still on the internet in plain sight:

Why did she feel the need to take it down...?

No one should have the nuclear capability when it comes to arms. But that is an ideal world.

All sides, even the Palestinian's are equally contemptible, raefil. They have murdered innocent people and for what?
The Palestinian people certainly are not, hamss, yes but even that atrocity is nothing compared to what Israel have been doing.

Netanyahu and his supporters are a stain on humanity

The Palestinian people certainly are not, hamss, yes but even that atrocity is nothing compared to what Israel have been doing.

Netanyahu and his supporters are a stain on humanity
By the same measure the Israeli people aren't either and it's not a dick waving contest. Civilians are being slaughtered for no reason, the people who claim to represent both sides have to put a stop to the violence.

By the same measure the Israeli people aren't either and it's not a dick waving contest. Civilians are being slaughtered for no reason, the people who claim to represent both sides have to put a stop to the violence.
Its why I said Israel as opposed to Israelis, I will never lay the blame on ordinary citizens.

Hamas are terrorists, Israel is an internationally recognised state. Their actions are way beyond acceptable in any way whatever.

Its why I said Israel as opposed to Israelis, I will never lay the blame on ordinary citizens.

Hamas are terrorists, Israel is an internationally recognised state. Their actions are way beyond acceptable in any way whatever.
I'm equally dismissive of both sides, raefil. Your words are proportioning more blame on Israel. Is that fair to say?