PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Israel/Palestine

What sanctions should we impose on Israel

• None.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Heavy economic and political sanctions - not dissimilar to those v Russia

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Notable sanctions but nothing as bad as those v Russia

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry, what's a sock account?
Those numerous accounts generally run by or paid off by organisations to post utter bollox.
Twitter is riddled with the pro Israeli ones.
They'd have you believe that the palastinians are lying about everything and all the dead and wounded are actors.
The IDF however are saints only there to protect the civilian population.

Those numerous accounts generally run by or paid off by organisations to post utter bollox.
Twitter is riddled with the pro Israeli ones.
They'd have you believe that the palastinians are lying about everything and all the dead and wounded are actors.
The IDF however are saints only there to protect the civilian population.
Twitter is riddled with the pro Hamas ones.
They'd have you believe that the IDF are lying about everything and AL the dead and wounded are genuine and not actors.
The hamas organisation and pro palestinian activists however are saints only there to protect the civilian population.

@jakehake / Mods. I created this Israel thread because I wanted to have the specific poll. The deadline for voting passes this evening (Wednesday) - so should it be merged into the main thread? It is currently unintentionally splitting the debate between two threads.

See I don't fully believe in that point of view. Hamas and any organisation that threatens the Israeli state will be treated with the same force. Not the people, they're the unlucky ones caught in the middle. It's fucked up.
Although both things could also be true at the same time, of course - they are not mutually exclusive! What swings it for me (among other factors) is the words and actions of some prominent politicians within the Israeli government who are open about their wish to drive out Palestinians and making insinuations that other countries should take them in, added to the government turning a blind eye to the actions of settlers.

I guess that only time will show the truth of the matter.

@jakehake / Mods. I created this Israel thread because I wanted to have the specific poll. The deadline for voting passes this evening (Wednesday) - so should it be merged into the main thread? It is currently unintentionally splitting the debate between two threads.
If you’re happy I’ll merge it

Although both things could also be true at the same time, of course - they are not mutually exclusive! What swings it for me (among other factors) is the words and actions of some prominent politicians within the Israeli government who are open about their wish to drive out Palestinians and making insinuations that other countries should take them in, added to the government turning a blind eye to the actions of settlers.

I guess that only time will show the truth of the matter.
It could be me but I thought Netanyahu almost looked like he was smirking last night on TV, Maybe he just has one of those faces.

It could be me but I thought Netanyahu almost looked like he was smirking last night on TV, Maybe he just has one of those faces.

He's not Mr Popular at home or abroad right now. It seems to me he's hell bent on creating his own version of a holocaust. If only from a humanitarian point of view, he needs to change tack.