PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Israel/Palestine

What sanctions should we impose on Israel

• None.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Heavy economic and political sanctions - not dissimilar to those v Russia

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Notable sanctions but nothing as bad as those v Russia

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps theyre upset at the amount of children they see being slaughtered in gaza.

Im not a fan of this type of action, I think its counter productive, but, as a Dad, seeing children having their limbs torn from their bodies and dying an excrutiating death upsets me a lot more.
Maybe Barclays do not see much of a difference between the war in Gaza and countless other wars around the world that do not include the worlds only Jewish state. You just want to protest a bunch of Jews being able to defend themselves, those palestinian kids mean nothing to you. Otherwise you would be just as upset and vocal about all the other kids killed in wars around the world.

As I was bored, I just decided to “view ignored content” and saw the video from Douglas Murray.
A very clever, carefully constructed speech, perfectly delivered if you want to impress a debating society, which the Munk Society effectively is.
Some truth in it - absolutely for sure. But repeatedly he made a false or exaggerated assertion - and then went on to criticise that assertion as antisemitic.

“Where was the outrage against Hamas? Where was the sympathy for Israel and its people? Why no “bring back our girls” campaign like in Nigeria? Apparently all because of Antisemitism.

The fact is that there was massive outrage against Hamas.

Just noticed that I posted the above when I thought it was still in draft! Anyway- you get the picture.

There was one other major point I was going to pick up on. After Murray had used his rhetorical skills to create something of a fervour in the room, he was ready to make a big finale. That no people defends the Jewish people except Jewish people…. Thank you. [cue crescendo of rapturous applause and apparent all round agreement]

Excuse me… has no one noticed what the USA - the world’s biggest superpower - has been doing for the last seven decades? Or does that not count because they are withholding a few shipments of 2000lb bombs from Netanyahu’s blood-stained hands! Britain and others too to a large extent.

I was also going to point out (if needed) that there was also huge international sympathy for Israel after Oct7 too - and a desire to get the hostages released. But much of that sympathy evaporated as the world saw the horrors and criminality of Netanyahu and his cohorts, responding in such malign fashion.
One area where I could somewhat tend to agree is that calls for hostage releases have not been as loud as I would have expected. But perhaps the horror of Israel’s onslaught drowned out the public face of that response.
As stated - as with all good rhetoric, there was a good deal of truth in Murray’s speech. Clearly there is no place for attacks and firebombing of Jewish businesses or places of worship etc.

As I was bored, I just decided to “view ignored content” and saw the video from Douglas Murray.
A very clever, carefully constructed speech, perfectly delivered if you want to impress a debating society, which the Munk Society effectively is.
Some truth in it - absolutely for sure. But repeatedly he made a false or exaggerated assertion - and then went on to criticise that assertion as antisemitic.

“Where was the outrage against Hamas? Where was the sympathy for Israel and its people? Why no “bring back our girls” campaign like in Nigeria? Apparently all because of Antisemitism.

The fact is that there was massive outrage against Hamas.
I bet you always “view ignored content”. You love me really.

Where do we start with this, Putin targetting childrens Hospitals now netanyahu targetting schools.

The same as when you have ignored countless similar unfortunate and horrific results of war that don’t involve Jews defending themselves.
so Putins defending himself by attacking a childrens hospital?

Get a fucking grip

BTW I see 2 states slaughtering kids, Russia and Israel. WTF has any religion got to do with it?

Thanks. You think Jews are just an religious entity. That proves your ignorance. You hate religious and non religious Jews alike. Or do you deny the existence of non religious Jews? Either way, we see you.
Oh do get fucked, I never mentioned Jews, you did.

Now whether you mention them as a cultural entity or as their traditional religion is of no relevence. It was you that mentioned Jews, not me.

I mentioned Putin and Netanyahu. You decided to use the "Jew," reference, not me.

However, nice try at a deflection to defend your muderous, Zionist hero, Netanyahu. Him and Putin are cut from the same cloth.

Oh do get fucked, I never mentioned Jews, you did.

Now whether you mention them as a cultural entity or as their traditional religion is of no relevence. It was you that mentioned Jews, not me.

I mentioned Putin and Netanyahu. You decided to use the "Jew," reference, not me.

However, nice try at a deflection to defend your muderous, Zionist hero, Netanyahu. Him and Putin are cut from the same cloth.
"Zionist hero"

"Don't talk like that. When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You're talking anti-Semitism." - Martin Luther King

"Zionist hero"

"Don't talk like that. When people criticize Zionists, they mean Jews. You're talking anti-Semitism." - Martin Luther King

You say your not a jew, but you are a zionist. Kind of proves martin was wrong on this one 😉

You say your not a jew, but you are a zionist. Kind of proves martin was wrong on this one 😉
Again, your ignorance shines through. Not all Jews are zionists, not all zionists are Jews. At the end of the day, zionism is purely the development and protection of Israel.

It is also a very lazy but transparent slur used by antisemites like yourself to try and mask their true feelings.

Again, your ignorance shines through. Not all Jews are zionists, not all zionists are Jews. At the end of the day, zionism is purely the development and protection of Israel.

It is also a very lazy but transparent slur used by antisemites like yourself to try and mask their true feelings.
So transparent that only yourself has ever called me a Jew hater.

@Soapy Martin Luther King

Dear :

@Snickiwi ........ Supporting some muslims doesn't make you a jew hater

@raefil ..... Supporting some jews doesn't make you a muslim hater

There's some middle ground to be found and if the fucking idiots that you are both defending were reasonable enough to find it then this conversation wouldn't be necessary and tens of thousands of lives wouldn't have been lost......... But they won't and neither will you two no doubt.

Just saying.... 🙂