PNE-Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

It’s unlikely, but….

I’m not clapping someone who bottled englands chance of getting to a semi final in 2022 and England’s chance of getting to a final in 2018 by not passing to sterling.

Very overrated player.
Literally one of the best England have ever had. World class players from other countries have missed high-stakes penalties - it happens. And Sterling probably misses anyway.

RibbletonWhite2.0

Club Legend
Literally one of the best England have ever had. World class players from other countries have missed high-stakes penalties - it happens. And Sterling probably misses anyway.

Other world class players would also pass to sterling in the 2018 World Cup at 1-0. He didn’t and we lose. The guy has been happy not winning trophies all his life. Shows his level of ambition.

Mr Meeseeks

Patron
I’ll make him a deal that I won’t ping a 2p coin off his head if he breaks the record and comes celebrating by the Town End.

I’ll compromise and just stick to a rousing rendition of “Harry Kane, let the country dooooown”

Other world class players would also pass to sterling in the 2018 World Cup at 1-0. He didn’t and we lose. The guy has been happy not winning trophies all his life. Shows his level of ambition.
Yeah, because no world class striker has ever gone for goal instead of passing...
He's handsomely paid, captain of a club he loves, captain of his country, played in the Champions League. Blimry, Man Utd haven't won a league title for years but I doubt anyone going there would be accused of lacking ambition.

RibbletonWhite2.0

Club Legend
Yeah, because no world class striker has ever gone for goal instead of passing...
He's handsomely paid, captain of a club he loves, captain of his country, played in the Champions League. Blimry, Man Utd haven't won a league title for years but I doubt anyone going there would be accused of lacking ambition.

There is a difference between playing for Man United (won the league 20 times) and Spurs (Their last trophy was 2008.)

Man United have been shit since 2013 yet still have more trophies than Spurs. Any player with any ambition would have forced through a move to City a few years ago. Instead he signed a 5 year contract.

Randall Flagg

Patron
I’m not clapping someone who bottled englands chance of getting to a semi final in 2022 and England’s chance of getting to a final in 2018 by not passing to sterling.

Very overrated player.
You can say the same for anyone else who missed a penalty in a big game. Does Saka get disrespected for missing one in a final? Kane is in no way overrated. Boggles my head that anyone would think that. His goal scoring record is absolutely ludicrous. In terms of ambition however, he's fucked up in not leaving Spurs. But probably not through lack of trying.

cpnend

For what it’s worth my two penneth is that the Tottenham goal scoring record is nothing to do with us. Let the Spurs fans applaud if they want to. During the game we should give him as much stick as we can but, before, after and if/when he is substituted we should applaud him as befits a great England forward. Personally I don’t care about the goals he missed, but I’m bloody grateful for the ones he scored.

simo

Very overrated player.
His record rates itself.

One of the best strikers England have had, both domestically and internationally.

That doesn't mean that he's a true world class player at the moment, mind.