PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

It’s unlikely, but….

He is the captain of our country. Let’s just give him the respect for that and not make nobs of ourselves eh?
Totally agree, let show some Class…

Having said that I don’t think we need to worry, I don’t think that he will travel…

Spurs will probably rest him for thier next Prem game - Man City..

Doubt he will be playing. They will put out a much weakened side.
I very much doubt that. They are under a fair bit of pressure at present so I don't see them taking much risk with what will appear (to them) to be a tricky away tie. Add the national TV coverage and I don't think they'll be arsing about.

I very much doubt that. They are under a fair bit of pressure at present so I don't see them taking much risk with what will appear (to them) to be a tricky away tie. Add the national TV coverage and I don't think they'll be arsing about.
Agree. I think they will see this as a winnable competition which would ease the pressure on them.

Even the Spurs fans have said that this is their best chance / only chance of a trophy this season so they need to go for it….

I still think that they will rest one or two but they will still be too strong for us…

Looking at their forums it is highly doubtful that Kane will play in this one. I wont tell my daughter until after KO :) . Shame really , as its not often you get the opportunity to see Englands first choice striker at Deepdale. Dont get me wrong , when the first whistle blows he s just an opposition player & I hope he has a stinker. But he is a player that would walk in to most European top sides & it would have been good to see him in the flesh. Thinking of it , I can only recall seeing perhaps 2 players play live that you could consider approaching world class. Scholes & Gerrard

Looking at their forums it is highly doubtful that Kane will play in this one. I wont tell my daughter until after KO :) . Shame really , as its not often you get the opportunity to see Englands first choice striker at Deepdale. Dont get me wrong , when the first whistle blows he s just an opposition player & I hope he has a stinker. But he is a player that would walk in to most European top sides & it would have been good to see him in the flesh. Thinking of it , I can only recall seeing perhaps 2 players play live that you could consider approaching world class. Scholes & Gerrard
Not sure he played against us but I saw peak Bergkamp in the mid '90s playing for Arsenal.

My god, what a player he was. He was so far above anyone else - his awareness of space and where the play would go was incredible. He was 4 or 5 passes ahead, all the time.

In the highly unlikely event that Harry Kane scores against us we should give him the respect that he deserves as spurs top goal scorer.
Taking over from Greaves is huge and we should respect that.
Is our home form really that bad where we’re now celebrating opposition goals now

Not sure he played against us but I saw peak Bergkamp in the mid '90s playing for Arsenal.

My god, what a player he was. He was so far above anyone else - his awareness of space and where the play would go was incredible. He was 4 or 5 passes ahead, all the time.
Loved Bergkamp. Unfortunately never saw him play live. I consider him to still be one of the best ever imports to the Premier League and the word genius is befitting. That goal v Newcastle is still the best in Premier League history. No one has come close to replicating what he did either prior or since

Loved Bergkamp. Unfortunately never saw him play live. I consider him to still be one of the best ever imports to the Premier League and the word genius is befitting. That goal v Newcastle is still the best in Premier League history. No one has come close to replicating what he did either prior or since
At one point I just watched him for 5 minutes (easy to do when you don't actually support either team). And then I tried similar at the next North End game with Conroy, Smart or whoever it was at that time....

He just didn't switch off at any point, always moving, always ready to recieve a pass, already clear what he was going to do next. You felt sorry for his teammates having to try and keep up with him mentally. Of course, the best players adapt to their surroundings and lift their teammates, something I think Messi finally did well for Argentina last month.

A lot of the time we just talk about moments of brilliance but any player can hit a worldy once in a while (Garner for example and even I did once!), but the level these players are at all the time compared to an average pro is ridiculous.

At one point I just watched him for 5 minutes (easy to do when you don't actually support either team). And then I tried similar at the next North End game with Conroy, Smart or whoever it was at that time....

He just didn't switch off at any point, always moving, always ready to recieve a pass, already clear what he was going to do next. You felt sorry for his teammates having to try and keep up with him mentally. Of course, the best players adapt to their surroundings and lift their teammates, something I think Messi finally did well for Argentina last month.

A lot of the time we just talk about moments of brilliance but any player can hit a worldy once in a while (Garner for example and even I did once!), but the level these players are at all the time compared to an average pro is ridiculous.
I did something similar with Scholes when he played for Manu at Wigan in his prime. He displayed alot of the same attributes that you describe & I ended up jut watching him for most of the game. His spatial awareness was top class and he was always available for a pass. I dont think he gave the ball away once in 90 minutes . I've never seen a player totally control a game whilst making it see effortless. Sometimes, despite you alliegance, being able to watch a world class performer practice his craft is a complete treat