Iversen signs on loan (confirmed)

justinr73

Forum Patron
Patron
I think it has. Kelly, Jemson and Kilbane (at Luton once especially) really copped it. Perhaps it was just habit because we used to have some really shit players in those days, including a surplus of no-footed centre halves.

Keeper1

Forum Patron
Patron
What was his son like as a player? Made a fair few appearances for us and played at a decent level after leaving us but rarely see him mentioned on here.

I’d agree with Justin 73 Pumba, a very good ‘keeper. Remember a picture years ago of him and one of his brothers (David or Gary) in the LEP, a “promising ‘keeper” type article with AK Jr diving to one side. He fulfilled that promise in my view, with something like 150 appearances for us and 50 or so for the RoI.
He was unlucky at international level getting caps but tending to be a No 2 behind Packie Bonner & Shay Given. Went to at least 1 World Cup but never played.
After us had time at Sheffield Urd & t’ Rovers. Obviously had something about him to end up coaching in the USA, here, plus recently RoI & Everton.
I, among many on here, was sad to see him leave for Everton.
Obviously the ‘keeper gene was passed on from dad, Jr as above, Gary playing for Newcastle & Bury (+ other/s?) and David played amateur footy.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Is Iverson now the No 1 goally, or will Ripley go into the first team and Iverson go on the bench?
We wouldn’t have brought iverson in if we were happy with ripley. We’d have just put Hudson as the second choice whilst Rudd was out

Suggests we aren’t happy with either

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Very early days but I quite like the look of Iversen.

He is a big presence between the sticks and he looks like an assured keeper.

Conditions were atrocious tonight and it didn’t fluster him at all.

Henrys Cat

Forum Patron
Patron
Could be the best signing of the lot. He looks really assured and confident. That will rub off on the defenders around him. He was superb tonight considering the ball must have been like a bar of soap.