PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Jack Armer to Carlisle

Friend of Clowny

Starting 11
A great move for Jack and an excellent signing for Carlisle. Not surprised he and Dolan have been snapped up so quickly both outstanding players whenever I've watched them play. So sad we can't afford to hang on to our best young players, doesn't auger welll for the future of the club.
Hope it works out for you Jack.

A great move for Jack and an excellent signing for Carlisle. Not surprised he and Dolan have been snapped up so quickly both outstanding players whenever I've watched them play. So sad we can't afford to hang on to our best young players, doesn't auger welll for the future of the club.
Great move for him. Hope he does well. I would assume there is some compo here.

Does it not depend on if we offered a contract? I could be wrong like...

We released Jack as we couldn't afford to offer him a contract, the manager wanted to keep him. Same with Dolan.

Cracking move for him and hope he does well for himself up the road.

We released Jack as we couldn't afford to offer him a contract, the manager wanted to keep him. Same with Dolan.

Are things that desperate that we couldn't afford a combined wage that I would suggest wouldn't even reach £1500 pw for the pair?

Shocking when you consider some of the chumps we have signed in recent times (Pringle, Doyle, Burke, O'Connor, Boyle, Crowe, etc).

I'm obviously missing something but how could we not afford to offer contracts to two highly promising young players? They'd hardly be on a fortune and we've already made room in the squad by releasing Simpson and Crowe. Burke has effectively gone, with presumably a fair portion of his modest wages being covered by Shamrock Rovers. Armer, for example, could have been given a 2 year contract and loaned out to Carlisle and I'm sure there would have been plenty of takers for Dolan.

It all seems very shortsighted and I really hope both of these players go on to prove that by having good careers.

Nick Anderton (who we also released) has just been made club captain there too I believe.

Nick Anderton (who we also released) has just been made club captain there too I believe.
I didnt know that but I knew Nick was at Carlisle......
which will be interesting as he plays the exact same role that Jack plays...
Left Back or Left CB or Left Wing back.

our current YT left back / left cb / left wb has a grandad who supports Carlisle and so we could get 1st hand reports on how he is doing.

Jack, to me, was a better prospect than Ty or Nick.....but we will see.

How could we not afford to offer them both a contract? Crazy

Totally agree JD, that's a shocking list of dross players that between them have cost us tens of thousands of £. Surely the only long term survival plan for the club is to bring through talent from the Academy at little cost, do the business for us and ultimately sell on to bigger clubs for a large profit, as we'll probably do with Ben Davies. This strategy seems to have gone completely out of the window, whose decision was this? Also little incentive for talented local lads in their early teens to consider applying to our Academy when you know and your parents know there's little prospect of a professional contract at the end of the day. I think the club needs a total rethink on this before we let any more young players such as Armer and Dolan leave when they should have been offered a contract then sent out on loan, again as we did with Davies. A total shambles in my opinion.

I met Jack in town a couple of weeks ago and he told me hat he had been offered which is great for him.

Another thing he told me was he would have signed for next to nothing if he could have stayed at Preston as he thought he would be pushing in the next 24 months.

Unfortunately we didn't even do that, just let him go

This guy has joined Carlisle...
Dolan has joined a development team who snap up youngsters every season...
A couple have gone to non-league...

Lets not act like we've released a bunch of Jadon Sanchos.

I remember some people crying that we let Nick Anderton go, i'm sure one guy even said he was better than Davies.

Good luck to them regardless.

Of course we could afford to keep both of them. The owner chose not to pay for their contracts. Imagine that there had been a fans forum, they would almost certainly have said... do you want us to pay for untried youths or bring in an experienced striker... Just for fun 🙄 let's pretend they did. Now we just have to wait for the experienced striker. 😏

Are things that desperate that we couldn't afford a combined wage that I would suggest wouldn't even reach £1500 pw for the pair?

Shocking when you consider some of the chumps we have signed in recent times (Pringle, Doyle, Burke, O'Connor, Boyle, Crowe, etc).

We pay £1m+ for Bayliss but can’t offer contracts to our own promising youngsters. It doesn’t make any sense to me. I know times have changed but surely the way to go in this present day climate is to reduce the wage bill by replacing fringe players with our own academy players.

Of course we could afford to keep both of them. The owner chose not to pay for their contracts. Imagine that there had been a fans forum, they would almost certainly have said... do you want us to pay for untried youths or bring in an experienced striker... Just for fun 🙄 let's pretend they did. Now we just have to wait for the experienced striker. 😏

I hope you’ve got yourself a good hobby whilst waiting for this experienced striker to come in.