January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner
Ready, steady and were off

No doubting Sheffield United a good and big club with an excellent manager, but not convinced how good a move it would be for Davies at this point.

He'd get a good contract there but basically guaranteed to be back in the Championship within 6 months, and he'll probably be second choice in his position as soon as Jack O'Connell is back from injury.

I'm sure he'll have plenty of options anyway with 6 months left on his deal.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Given that Wilder is insisting they can only bring in loan players I can’t see anything coming of this one unless there’s a hefty loan fee involved

Lairdinho

Manager
Given that Wilder is insisting they can only bring in loan players I can’t see anything coming of this one unless there’s a hefty loan fee involved

Probably a loan deal with an obligation to buy in the summer - but not sure if that is even allowed considering he’s out of contract in July

pnenycx

Forum Patron
Patron
No doubting Sheffield United a good and big club with an excellent manager, but not convinced how good a move it would be for Davies at this point.

He'd get a good contract there but basically guaranteed to be back in the Championship within 6 months
If they triple or better his wages he might not care.
Not looking likely but just hope Trevor and Ridsdale pull 4 rabbits out of the hat . . . I would say no chance even for one but with the Covid situation who knows.

jamesOB

Forum Patron
Patron
Probably a loan deal with an obligation to buy in the summer - but not sure if that is even allowed considering he’s out of contract in July
Exactly, he’s out of contract so North End will either want money now or use him for 6 months and then lose him for a free

A loan with no fee doesn’t benefit north end at all. They only want a loan because they know O’Connell will be back

jakehake

Preachs PA
Staff member
Patron
Being linked with a 24 year old midfielder from Shamrock Rovers, Jack Byrne, on Twitter and various places today. Forest, Stoke and some European clubs also sniffing

SoccerHQ

Advisor to the Owner
Can see Sheffield signing him for about 2m e.g. undisclosed unless he's going to hold out for free transfer and bigger signing on fee.

Perhaps a fringe player from there coming on loan aswell, likes of Jack Robinson and Ben Osborne haven't played much so far and they've proven championship players. And can see them loaning out one of their bench strikers and would certainly take McGoldrick or Lyse Mousset.

Walton

Forum Patron
Patron
I can’t help feeling that if Pearson, Davies, Browne, Johnson and Fisher are determined to leave, for free, at the end of the season we may as well let them leave in January.

We don’t know what was said in the discussions they have held but the club will know/should know their intentions by now.

It’s hard to believe that any of those guys wouldn’t give 100% whilst on the pitch but it would be human nature to worry more about an injury and as the season was coming to a conclusion when 100% commitment could be vital you wouldn’t want to have doubts about the backbone of your team.

Just hope that we are well prepared but we don’t seem to have a great record in “preparedness”