January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
I
@keithaw Yes it says towards the bottom of the article that it is appearing likely that he will stay beyond the end of the window.

However it also says in the article that Doncaster know it's hard to hold onto players that want to play higher and it basically says he wants to join Preston and stay in the area.

Doncaster as a club and the local press have tied themselves up in knots about the Whiteman thing with all this game playing and smokescreens.
I don’t think this is cut and dry for us. I think Donny could play hardball here and make us wait until summer.

I also don’t think QPR have gone away despite his intention of staying up north. Barnsley could well be keeping tabs as mentioned. Who else is lurking and waiting?

Jason Harris

Manager
@keithaw Yes it says towards the bottom of the article that it is appearing likely that he will stay beyond the end of the window.

However it also says in the article that Doncaster know it's hard to hold onto players that want to play higher and it basically says he wants to join Preston and stay in the area.

Doncaster as a club and the local press have tied themselves up in knots about the Whiteman thing with all this game playing and smokescreens.

I thought that was a typo and supposed to say ‘unlikely’ because they whole article wasn’t exactly positive.

Thracia

Forum Patron
Patron
Because the Scottish Championship is league 2 level at best and Stockley/Moult will score plenty of goals at that level
They are top and expecting promotion.

Surely he's got a more up-to-date striker list than his "4th/5th choices" from 2 years ago?

Ron Burgundy

Advisor to the Owner
I

I don’t think this is cut and dry for us. I think Donny could play hardball here and make us wait until summer.

I also don’t think QPR have gone away despite his intention of staying up north. Barnsley could well be keeping tabs as mentioned. Who else is lurking and waiting?

You're a cheerful chap.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
You're a cheerful chap.
He’s clearly a decent player and will have many admirers.

The last player we chased like this was Ledson and that dragged on for a window or two. Luckily there were no competition for his signature at the time, I think there could well be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.