January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Meeseeks

Forum Patron
Patron
Branthwaite reportedly on the verge of joining Blackburn.
Think that’s a decent signing as far as Premier League loans go. Done well to pip Bournemouth to the post. Young lad so may well find it hard but they did a good job with Adarabioyo last season and I think he’ll be fine.

Hopefully (and you’d well imagine) we have other irons in the fire for a short term Bauer replacement.

tcinders

Advisor to the Owner
Or it highlights all the club managerial deficiencies we've all highlighted during the past few years as the club acts in haste to plug the enormous gaps which are going to appear very soon.

It's an absolute catastrophe the situation with the ooc players, no getting away from it.
I don't agree, the fact of the matter is they are still Preston players, there is a possibility we could mount a promotion challenge, will they still think the grass is greener?. Perhaps 1 or 2 may still sign, I wouldn't wouldn't call it a catastrophe yet.
Corvid has had a serious financial and mental impact on everyone so perhaps the club although slow with contract offers may have judged things right. Time will tell fresh blood needed is my opinion.

sports rehab

Advisor to the Owner
Branthwaite reportedly on the verge of joining Blackburn.
so if he does will the forum go into meltdown because rovers got him or
be relieved that an inexperienced 18 yo whom experienced strikers / midfield would make him look out of position (depth)

I guess we cant have it both ways!

Pumba

Advisor to the Owner
be relieved that an inexperienced 18 yo whom experienced strikers / midfield would make him look out of position (depth)

Not too fussed about this one. The lad is obviously highly regarded but it’s definitely a bit of a risk chucking an untested 18 year old into competitive Championship action.

If he does well for Blackburn, fair play.

sf

Forum Patron
Patron

Sounds like a prospect but i'd rather Kipre or Lindsay, proven, much more expensive though.

Need someone regardless.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron

I must admit an 18 year old playing in the championship might get exposed by some Wiley centre forwards.... Charlie Austin for example.

Therefore , I am not concerned that he is going elsewhere as long as we have got other options.....

PrideNeverEnds

Forum Patron
Patron
I must admit an 18 year old playing in the championship might get exposed by some Wiley centre forwards.... Charlie Austin for example.

Therefore , I am not concerned that he is going elsewhere as long as we have got other options.....
I agree! I would much rather have young less experienced players further up the pitch were mistakes are punished less. Just need to look at what happened at the weekend to see a couple of young lads at the back exposed due to lack of confidence/experience.

If any of the fab 4 were waiting for the club to show more ambition before signing a new contract ..could signing Big Ben finally persuade them to commit?
I dont think they are waiting for that. They are waiting for a bigger wage to be offered elsewhere. Fair enough & good luck lads. Good to see that we are rescuing a potentially disastrous situation and proactively bringing in their replacements

york white

Forum Patron
Patron
Sedds reporting that Moult, Bauer and Rudd will be removed from the 25 man squad to be replaced by Iversen, Molumby and Evans.

That means Rudd is out for the season then - that is a shame but fair play to the club for reacting quickly and bringing in somebody who could really become a permanent signing in the summer.
Sad for Moult as that now effectively ends his career as a PNE player.
Torn meniscus that required surgery. Not a quick heal that one. Back for pre-season I would have thought.

pne1881

Advisor to the Owner
Seddon writes this morning that Bauer, Rudd, and Moult will be omitted from the squad to make room for the 3 loan signings last week.

Whiteman takes us up to 26 but Harrop departures would take that down again.

Rudd is out for the rest of the season?

EDIT: Just seen @york white 's post above. That is a real blow.

Sedge_Fan

Manager
I'd just love to see 20 year transfer record broke...it'd be amazing just to see those words followed by Ben Whiteman's arrival.

People have been saying (myself included) that we lack leaders. It is okay seeing Whiteman's clips on YouTube but he is also Donny's captain, at 24. That is not something that should go overlooked. We are bringing in (if it all goes through) a top player with leadership qualities. This really would be a fantastic move for us.

Retfordpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I'd just love to see 20 year transfer record broke...it'd be amazing just to see those words followed by Ben Whiteman's arrival.

People have been saying (myself included) that we lack leaders. It is okay seeing Whiteman's clips on YouTube but he is also Donny's captain, at 24. That is not something that should go overlooked. We are bringing in (if it all goes through) a top player with leadership qualities. This really would be a fantastic move for us.
I hope you’re right. That said, Andy Proctor was accy captain before Medals parachuted him in and he was awful as player and captain!

Kathryn

Advisor to the Owner
So who is at Euxton this morning looking for the car with a reg plate of

WH1T M4N

I still remember the photo somebody posted late on on deadline day one year of Stuart Beavon signing on through the slots in the blinds and people asking Wycombe fans if that was Beavon lol
That isn’t a valid registration. WH17MAN would be though.

Status
Not open for further replies.