January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ando60

Hat Trick Hero
Patron
It would cost them in extra wages and the transfer fee. But Pearson and Davies in their team might be the difference between 10 in a row or not
I think that you are being sarcastic , but I think that we all know that the “ 10 in a row “ ship has sailed for Celtic !!

Mickypne

Advisor to the Owner
It’s a good point Mickey..... most of my hat tricks came with my left foot !!
I'm naturally right but I can assure you, I'm not ambidextrous but some when I've played have asked. My left is superb, as is many right footers. But you never see a lefties with a great right peg. Ex nobbers, Kevin maghee, David eyres, Ross Wallace, Eddie Lewis, all great lefties at pne, not a right foot in sight lol

JK

Forum Landlord
Staff member
Patron

Wonder how much real interest we had in Morris or whether it was just a cover for signing Riis?

baldnobber

Forum Patron
Patron
Thing is if you are really wanting Davies or Pearson being the purchasing club you would surely be taking the punt by now, perhaps they aren't worth the punt?
Pearson can be a liability at times, Davies you would feel would be worth a contract lower Premiership club.
Perhaps something is already arranged?
I think there's every chance the players and their agents have (at the very least) a good idea of where they'll be playing their football next season.
For that club, the question then becomes do you want to pay the asking price now, or do you want to wait 6 months and get the player for free?
Any agent would be advising the buying club to leave it as late as possible - the players values are decreasing with every day. And the smart move (if these players are surplus to requirements come Jan 31st) would be to offer to take on the remainder of the players contract on deadline day - whether that be a loan or a free transfer.
We could tell them to fuck off, but then we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot by paying players we can't use for 6 months.

PNEinGranby

Manager
I think there's every chance the players and their agents have (at the very least) a good idea of where they'll be playing their football next season.
For that club, the question then becomes do you want to pay the asking price now, or do you want to wait 6 months and get the player for free?
Any agent would be advising the buying club to leave it as late as possible - the players values are decreasing with every day. And the smart move (if these players are surplus to requirements come Jan 31st) would be to offer to take on the remainder of the players contract on deadline day - whether that be a loan or a free transfer.
We could tell them to fuck off, but then we'd be shooting ourselves in the foot by paying players we can't use for 6 months.
My guess is that TH would be likely to tell them just that. May make a loss this time, but would make the agents think twice before trying it again. Most players wouldn’t be happy not playing for 6 months even though they would be being paid. It’s a short career and if they want to get to the top, they need to play

Retfordpete

Forum Patron
Patron
I understand the logic but why can’t we use them for 6 months? They’d still be our contracted player. May be doubts as to their commitment but there wouldn’t be anything stopping us playing them unless we didn’t register them in our 25.

4NT5

First Team
I understand the logic but why can’t we use them for 6 months? They’d still be our contracted player. May be doubts as to their commitment but there wouldn’t be anything stopping us playing them unless we didn’t register them in our 25.
I could see Trev stopping them training and just paying them to fester. Their new clubs then won't be happy come summer that they are potentially out of shape and lacking match sharpness.
It'd be two fingers up to the agents, to say don't ever advise our players to run contracts down again.

When does fulough end?........

HunterLionheart

Forum Patron
Patron
It’s funny people singing the praises of DJ I remember when it looked like he was going to Wigan people on here were offering to pay his taxi fare.Same player now as he was then.
Is he? He'd just come off 2 underwhelming seasons. It wasn't until he moved to the 10 and started dominating games that he got this level of praise, and deserved it.

lenny

Advisor to the Owner
I'm naturally right but I can assure you, I'm not ambidextrous but some when I've played have asked. My left is superb, as is many right footers. But you never see a lefties with a great right peg. Ex nobbers, Kevin maghee, David eyres, Ross Wallace, Eddie Lewis, all great lefties at pne, not a right foot in sight lol
Same here could put a decent cross in with my left, my right foot was for standing up on . 😰

JK

Forum Landlord
Staff member
Patron
It’s funny people singing the praises of DJ I remember when it looked like he was going to Wigan people on here were offering to pay his taxi fare.Same player now as he was then.

Keep hearing this tale.

I think one person on twitter mentioned the taxi thing and it seems to be something branded at everyone.

Believe the owner certainly didn't expect DJ to have the season he did and would have sold him then.

I think its fairly obvious that DJ has been very unseltted since Rangers came in and the situation needs resolving one way or another in the next couple of weeks.

RedScarBelgrade

First Team
Any idea or clues as to who might sign a contract extension by any chance ?
Im doubtful any of them will sign, however I think if anyone did it would be most likely Pearson. Im not in any way ITK by the way, just going of the various things I hear on here and in the press.

PNEbanner

First Team
Let's get this into perspective, there are more right footed players than left & about 90% of players in the prem can't kick with both feet, so to say lefties can't kick with both feet is utter bollix, the difference is kids can't be bothered to practise with their other foot, they would rather rap their good foot around the back of their standing foot, which is a way harder technic, how stupid is that.

Woody01

Reserve
SIMS IN LINE FOR MORE GAME TIME?

Josh Sims is heading back to Southampton after a successful loan spell at Doncaster Rovers.

The winger, who joined the Saints in 2015, has has previously been on loan at Reading and the New York Red Bulls.

There are reports of interest in him from at least one Championship club, while Rovers are also keen to bring him back if able.

A leap but I wonder if we are interested in him? Sure we’ve been linked before?

Status
Not open for further replies.