January 2021 - Transfer Window Rumours and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

the12thman

Forum Patron
Patron
All true
we might of found our new CB Steve Borthwick ((former England Rugby Captain) after he Said the following HAHA.
It would be a fascinating meeting, given Borthwick has roots in football: "My dream would have been to play for Preston North End, it probably still is! That’s my team, I dreamt as a kid of playing for them. I stood on terraces at Deepdale. Unsurprisingly I was a centre half!"
All true - went to school with Steve. His Dad, Bill, used to take me and Borth on Deepdale for a couple of seasons around 1995/96. He wasn't much of a footballer though - he was the first player I ever saw get booked in junior football, given for about ten scything fouls on yours truly at Under 11s level.

MBcha

Staff member
Patron
A player we should look at is Kwado Baah at Rochdale. Young and shouldn't break the bank.Exciting youngster who is very comfortable and confident on the ball.
He's only 17 years old, not adversed to the idea but difficult to think he'd cut it in the Championship and we don't have a great pathway to the first team once he moves beyond u-18s.

Yoowell

Forum Patron
Patron
Christ, watching EFL on Quest and Bradley looks dodgy! Just watched him pass the ball straight to a Brentford player, who then immediately ran straight by him!
I watched a bit longer of the game whilst waiting for PNE to come on...he did very well to be fair in the 15 minutes that I saw.
If we did sign him would Ben Davies get the same treatment as Ben Pearson?

Px6

Youth Team
Pearson’s not getting any treatment, he’s said he’s not playing. Davies said he will play. Simple as that.

sedgwick__7

Advisor to the Owner

Lots of clubs linked so probably agent talk. Interesting one though...
Agree looks agent led, as 3-4 clubs linked in one article.

We don’t need another midfielder anyway surely.

Status
Not open for further replies.