PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s behind a paywall, but apparently Derby and Forest are interested in Ben Whiteman now.

Can't work Derby out, not paid their players in full this month but continually try and improve their squad. Joke really

Can't work Derby out, not paid their players in full this month but continually try and improve their squad. Joke really
Wereas we are 'led' by a billionaire who prefers horses to us. These are terrible times and no way to say goodbye to 2020. I hope for a Derby relegation (with this, we're staying up at best).

Forest, Derby, QPR, Preston, and Blackburn, all said to be interested in Whiteman. He’s not going to come cheap, ether in terms of transfer fee or wages, once Donkey accept an offer others will match it, then it becomes a battle of who’s willing to pay him the most. If you’re paying more than Derby & QPR your going to end up in the same shit they’re in.

It’s behind a paywall, but apparently Derby and Forest are interested in Ben Whiteman now.

We could do with some ITK to update us on where we are with Whitman & whether we be worried about other teams being linked with him now.

Might be knee-jerk on my behalf but if we lose out to Whiteman now having been in pole position for the last week, it would prove to me that nothing has changed at the top at all.

As it stands the lack of permanent signings means we are going to be in no better position in the summer than we thought we were going to be 2 weeks ago. Its starting to get a bit of a deja vu and same shit different window feel to it now.

However there is still plenty of time left and I'm rather desperately hoping that I am going to be proven wrong.

Im not too bothered whether Whiteman comes in or not. After witnessing yesterdays game and several others this season its quite obvious a major overhaul is needed and the dead wood needs shipping out. Its going to cost too much all this.
Whiteman will come in like he is some kind of saviour but what can he do when we play predictable, slow and unimaginative attacking football with a leaky defence. He will get dragged down in no time.

Im not too bothered whether Whiteman comes in or not. After witnessing yesterdays game and several others this season its quite obvious a major overhaul is needed and the dead wood needs shipping out. Its going to cost too much all this.
Whiteman will come in like he is some kind of saviour but what can he do when we play predictable, slow and unimaginative attacking football with a leaky defence. He will get dragged down in no time.

The squad needs an overhaul but you aren't bothered if our main target signs?!

I predicted this outcome a few days ago and people said be calm BUT I've been a PNE fan long enough to have seen this dance many times before and it never ends favourably for us.

I wasn't salivating at these loan signings like many others as the Whiteman deal was one that needed doing last week.

Pay the extra few hundred grand ffs....this is why the fans are so frustrated - we don't want to see 3/4/5 million pound signings but when we identify a player in our price range, get the deal done - god this club infuriates me

I predicted this outcome a few days ago and people said he calm BUT I've been a PNE fan long enough to have seen this dance many times before and it never ends favourably for us.

I wasn't salivating at these loan signings like many others as the Whiteman deal was one that needed doing last week.

Pay the extra few hundred grand ffs....this is why the fans are so frustrated - we don't want to see 3/4/5 million pound signings but when we identify a player in our price range, get the deal done - god this clun infuriates me

Calm down Sedge. As morrisey once sang "these things take time"

You don't know it is a few hundred grand. We have to be strong in negotiations, we can't roll over and have the piss taken out of us. They may be asking for a large sell on clause which the fans would then criticise if we sold him on. I have faith with this one

Status
Not open for further replies.