PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny people slating him. I remember him firing us to the top of the league last season and people saying he could play in the Prem. Same player now as he was then.
He isn’t though is he.

Last season was probably his best season for us, he was consistently pretty good for the most part.

This season it’s been clear his head isn’t in it for me.

He isn’t though is he.

Last season was probably his best season for us, he was consistently pretty good for the most part.

This season it’s been clear his head isn’t in it for me.
Just making a point that I think it's pathetic that now it looks like he's leaving, all these football experts come out of the woodwork suddenly telling everyone how poor he actually is and how little he affects the game. Didn't see these people last season? Strange

On form, DJ wins you games by himself and one of the first names on the teamsheet. When out of form, he's probably borderline making the 16.

We've seen both sides of him under Neil and clearly someone we want to keep at the club based on the renewal offer.

Just making a point that I think it's pathetic that now it looks like he's leaving, all these football experts come out of the woodwork suddenly telling everyone how poor he actually is and how little he affects the game. Didn't see these people last season? Strange

DJ has up till now had a poor season and its clear all the speculation around Rangers has had an impact on his game which led me to think he was off.

However, he now seems to the only one of the remaining three who may stay and id be delighted if a deal can be done.

The contract situation has been a mess but if we can keep Browne and DJ it will be a decent outcome given we could have lost all four.

Our midfield would be strong with lots of options with two long serving players supporting the new lads.

I believe that Browne will start showing his class again and as would DJ if he signs on.

Because he was playing well consistently.

The seasons before that he was extremely inconsistent, that’s why a lot of fans, me included, weren’t that bothered about him leaving.

On form, DJ wins you games by himself and one of the first names on the teamsheet. When out of form, he's probably borderline making the 16.
Not sure this is correct. He’s apparently been ‘out of form’ this season, yet has started all but 2 of every game he has been available for.

He is clearly viewed as far more consistent by the manager than the fans, and is clearly one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Neil said a month or so ago that he trusts Johnson as much as any player he’s worked with.

DJ has always been held to a higher standard than most.

Good job he shoves it down the throats of his critics on an incredibly regular basis.

An absolutely sensational nobber.
Doesn’t even come close to the that title.

😂😂

When has he proved critics wrong this season?

Thats not to say I don’t like him.

When he wants to be and he’s motivated, he’s quality.

I just don’t think that’s often enough.

He tore Bournemouth apart last month in the win there. Neil described his performance that night as “sensational”.

He was very good vs Forest too in the last league game.

He started the season slowly like much of the squad but I don’t agree at all with the idea that’s he’s having a poor season or was only good last season.

I'd love it if we kept him, he's certainly capable of being an excellent number 10 at this level, though we'd definitely have selection dilemmas!

Doesn’t even come close to the that title.

😂😂

Thats not to say I don’t like him.

When he wants to be and he’s motivated, he’s quality.

I just don’t think that’s often enough.

Let me just check my list:

When he's on form
He's lazy
Drifts in and out of games
Doesn't look up for it...

Keep going 👍🏻

He tore Bournemouth apart last month in the win there. Neil described his performance that night as “sensational”.

He was very good vs Forest too in the last league game.

He started the season slowly like much of the squad but I don’t agree at all with the idea that’s he’s having a poor season or was only good last season.
You’ve given 2 examples out of about 20 games this season which I said he’d done,hardly regularly shoving it down critics throats though is it.

Also He’s scored 3 goals, all pens and made 3 assists and looked disinterested in a few games which even the manager alluded to after one game.

Anyone saying he’s not been poor this season, as I said for the most part, have got the old rose tinteds on.

You’ve given 2 examples out of about 20 games this season which I said he’d done,hardly regularly shoving it down critics throats though is it.

Also He’s scored 3 goals, all pens and made 3 assists and looked disinterested in a few games which even the manager alluded to after one game.

Anyone saying he’s not been poor this season, as I said for the most part, have got the old rose tinteds on.
Disinterested

Wtf are you on about

Classic example of what he faces

I've got my theory

Not sure this is correct. He’s apparently been ‘out of form’ this season, yet has started all but 2 of every game he has been available for.

He is clearly viewed as far more consistent by the manager than the fans, and is clearly one of the first names on the teamsheet every week.

Neil said a month or so ago that he trusts Johnson as much as any player he’s worked with.

Apologies - my post was from a fans perspective re: barely making the squad when not on song

On his day he's one of the best creative midfielders in the league with an eye for goal and our squad is undoubtedly better with him a part of it

He literally scored a goal that wasn’t a penalty the other week.

He’s played well many more than 2 times this season, hence why he’s in the team every week, I just couldn’t be arsed going through the list and checking every game he might have done well in.

He’s also accused of being lazy or “disinterested” when he has a quiet game as well, whereas for other lads they don’t get those accusations thrown at them. People just accept they’ve had a poor game.

The manager hasn’t alluded to him being disinterested either. People latched onto some comments after the Watford game trying to infer that Neil was criticising DJ and Neil denied it and said he is a top player.

If any more of them were to sign then the one I'd be happiest about, but surprised maybe, is Pearson. Will be gutted to never see him bossing a game for us again.

As for Browne, I think we may start to see a real upturn in form of our captain for the remainder of the season.

Does anyone think DJ's ethnicity comes into play with some fans criticisms?

He hasn't been up to scratch this season and as others have mentioned it will mainly be down to the contract situation, but also the whole team hasn't been playing well at different points during the season.

If he signs I will be happy, however, they're are better players out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.