PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Luton are trying to get Bradley to sign a new contract.

Luton have opened talks with captain Bradley over a new contract | Luton Today

I guess that it costs them ten minutes to 'open talks'... and it could add an extra £100K to the transfer fee, just by adding a bit of pressure on us.

Only Warton Kathryn..... PR4 1AX

There is no operational runway at Samlesbury anymore ( if that is the one that you were referring to ) but it has a Blackburn postcode anyway - BB2 7LF

nerd 😁

I would like to add Bradley. Him, Bauer and Hunts would be a very commanding combo next season. A young left sided CB to come in would in as CB#3 would be good as well

Seriously... if we were in Luton's shoes, wouldn't we be saying something similar?

Anyway... I sort of missed this. Are any of the ITK people making noises about this?

Seriously... if we were in Luton's shoes, wouldn't we be saying something similar?

Anyway... I sort of missed this. Are any of the ITK people making noises about this?
We wouldn't lose first eleven players to Luton though.

It would also be the slowest defence in the league with a combined passing range of about 15 yards
Understand, and yes it's not ideal. But we aren't playing 2touch football at the moment either and also have an issue with dealing with crosses and powerful forwards. Plus we have Whiteman to drop deep and collect the ball and play out from him.

Based on our budgets (knowing that we were asking for £10mil for Davies) we aren't going to be getting amazing ball playing CBs. Would much rather have solid, consistent, strong, reliable CBs to build off.

We wouldn't lose first eleven players to Luton though.

I think that's true and I think objectively, most would say PNE is a bigger draw - but what he said was not stupid or outrageous. I do think we'd have the same attitude if one of our players was connected with a club that's unlikely to go up. Ever :D

A couple of years back, when stoke were sniffing round Pearson - loads of PNE fans said something like 'why would he go to Stoke... sideways move... they're on the decline blah blah'. I am sure that at the time, their fans must have laughed at us, given that in the previous decade, we had bounced between League One and the Championship, whilst they'd spent almost all of it in the premier league!

I think that's true and I think objectively, most would say PNE is a bigger draw - but what he said was not stupid or outrageous. I do think we'd have the same attitude if one of our players was connected with a club that's unlikely to go up. Ever :D

A couple of years back, when stoke were sniffing round Pearson - loads of PNE fans said something like 'why would he go to Stoke... sideways move... they're on the decline blah blah'. I am sure that at the time, their fans must have laughed at us, given that in the previous decade, we had bounced between League One and the Championship, whilst they'd spent almost all of it in the premier league!
Yeah, difference with Pearo is that we knew he could do better than Stoke. Anyone who thinks we're on a par with them as a club lives in 2002.

I'd say we're Sonny Bradley's limit.

All about cash anyway, Bournemouth could probably take Derby's & Forest's best players.

So... we shouldn't be too excited about Bradley then? I really know nothing about him, other than he's a left-sided CH who has been Luton's captain, and who their manager thinks has some iffy games!

Big commanding 'horrible' centre back...no nonsense defender...exactly what we need.
We saw how deep Whiteman came for the ball on sat, he is our ball player now.
We don't necessarily need this fabled ball playing centre half if they can roll the ball 10 yards to our ball player - let's get back to basics with our centre backs defending.

Big commanding 'horrible' centre back...no nonsense defender...exactly what we need.
We saw how deep Whiteman came for the ball on sat, he is our ball player now.
We don't necessarily need this fabled ball playing centre half if they can roll the ball 10 yards to our ball player - let's get back to basics with our centre backs defending.
Don't agree, suppose Whiteman is caught out of position or has been further up the pitch joining an attack, opposition counters and the ball ends up at the feet of a CB.

Do we want centre backs only capable of hoof ball?

All too often we criticise AN for a style where we just lump it up the pitch, the only way to get away from that is to have more players capable of a passing game.

Don't agree, suppose Whiteman is caught out of position or has been further up the pitch joining an attack, opposition counters and the ball ends up at the feet of a CB.

Do we want centre backs only capable of hoof ball?

All too often we criticise AN for a style where we just lump it up the pitch, the only way to get away from that is to have more players capable of a passing game.

I didn't say hoof ball although I see your point.
I do however think that we need to get back to defending and our centre backs need to be more commanding at set pieces.
We have ball players in the 2 holding now in Whiteman, Ledson and Molumby and imo it is their job to start the attacks and the defenders ultimate first responsibility is to keep the ball out of the net...everything else after that is a bonus.

I didn't say hoof ball although I see your point.
I do however think that we need to get back to defending and our centre backs need to be more commanding at set pieces.
We have ball players in the 2 holding now in Whiteman, Ledson and Molumby and imo it is their job to start the attacks and the defenders ultimate first responsibility is to keep the ball out of the net...everything else after that is a bonus.
Just to add to my point, i'd take Lucketti at centre half or Gregan at centre half over Ben Davies everyday of the week.
Just my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.