PNE Online
Welcome to PNE-Online. Why not register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! You can also join up as a forum Patron to help support in the running costs of the forum.

Transfer Window Overview - January 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any talk of Bayliss getting a loan?

With all the midfield incomings he's gone back to probably 10 minute sub appearence in next 3 months so would surely make sense.

Him, Bodin and Stockley all out this month would give some flexibility for another signing or two.

Have you heard anything about Storey, was just thinking if him & stovkley leave, then we could bring in 2 new CB or in another position if it requires.
If we bring in 2 and lose Davies and Storey, that leaves us with only 3 including Hunts. A bit of a gamble but Storey needs the experience more than anyone.

Not just ruled out of a January move, but signing him altogether. Don't see why you would wait until summer if you can get a pre-contract sorted

Any talk of Bayliss getting a loan?

With all the midfield incomings he's gone back to probably 10 minute sub appearence in next 3 months so would surely make sense.

Him, Bodin and Stockley all out this month would give some flexibility for another signing or two.
Bayliss isn't a part of the 25 man squad due to his age.

So any loan out wouldn't free up further space for us to make signings.

I would guess that any further space for signings will be made Pearson and Davies leaving. Also may another fringe player going like Bodin unless he really isn't ready to play.

Not just ruled out of a January move, but signing him altogether. Don't see why you would wait until summer if you can get a pre-contract sorted

Exactly. If they wanted him, it makes no sense not to sign him on a pre-contract

Bayliss isn't a part of the 25 man squad due to his age.

So any loan out wouldn't free up further space for us to make signings.

I would guess that any further space for signings will be made Pearson and Davies leaving. Also may another fringe player going like Bodin unless he really isn't ready to play.
It would be a mammoth risk for any club to take Bodin on loan. He may not have played by the end of the window.
Personally I think we will hope he will be our third winger from February onwards if he can avoid further injury.

A few tweets on the ole Twittersphere again suggesting Stockley to Charlton (no one in the know). Loan to Buy. Checked out the Charlton Life forum. Apparently the rumour has come up on there as well and they seem very happy to take him 👀👀👀

Personally I think we will hope he will be our third winger from February onwards if he can avoid further injury.
The view inside the club is clearly different given that the manager openly stated less than a week ago that he wanted to sign another wide player this month.

I agree it may be tough to shift Bodin but he personally will probably want a loan to give himself a better chance of a contract somewhere next season, and some League One clubs could do a lot worse than taking a punt on him on a cheap loan for 6 months.

Alfie Doughty? All but signed for Stoke according to the press

Is there any room for him at Stoke as they've signed Jack Clarke and Rabbi Matondo in last week who are wide players who'll expect to play every week.

Stoke squad is incredible size, 33 senior pros and they've got another 6 out on loan!

Is there any room for him at Stoke as they've signed Jack Clarke and Rabbi Matondo in last week who are wide players who'll expect to play every week.

Stoke squad is incredible size, 33 senior pros and they've got another 6 out on loan!
Talk of us looking at Lindsay earlier in the window. Maybe his exit frees up a space for him?

Talk of us looking at Lindsay earlier in the window. Maybe his exit frees up a space for him?

Flopped at Stoke. He was good at Barnsley but that was mainly in league 1 I think so I think Sonny Bradley is the more proven of the two at this level.

Shawcross on loan for rest of the season wouldn't be a bad pick up with his experience and he plays left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.